Duke Manufacturing

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack Hake

Good company, need better pay. The company offered advancement. it was a decent place to work for.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Sedalia, MO

ProsI liked the versatility that you have an opportunity to train on different jobs and sometimes move into different departments when people are absent. I also like the job bidding process to move to a different department. Its a fair process.

ConsThe challenges at this company I visually saw where people not working together for a common ground of the same interest to get a job done. i think that falls under individuality. No 401K

Come here to flail your arms and get nothing done

Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsOverall good people both on the floor and in limited management positions. The owner always had a positive outlook and goes out of his way to make people welcome.

ConsMiddle management is terrible. Everybody and their brother is a vice-president. Many middle managers have their own little kingdoms and God forbid you disagree with them. Far too much bureaucracy for a smaller company. Getting a simple project done could take upwards of a year (if you're lucky). Projects are ill-defined at the start many times and requirements change constantly. There did not seem to be much forward planning, projects were typically in response to something the competitor already had in the market. Vacation benefits were terrible.

Limited job growth

Customer Service (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsStaff within the department really good, communications decent, holidays good for time off in observance of national holidays.

ConsOne sided upper management, doesn't take time to listen to employees opinions or ways to improve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strict, almost prison-like environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sedalia, MO

ProsThe administration is very fair and impartial. They treat everyone poorly, not just certain people. There's no evidence of a good ol' boys club either. The pay is good and the benefits are fair.

ConsThe work environment is extremely strict. There is very little teamwork and everyone seems to be in it for themselves. Sometimes it feels like a contest to see who can throw who under the bus the fastest.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make your employees feel more welcome and be more supportive of things that cannot be controlled. Understand that your employees are humans and have feelings. Invest more in your employees and they will invest more in your business.

Worked for Duke Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!