Duke Realty

Duke Realty Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

3.7

Denny Oklak

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is one of the best places I have worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Duke Realty

Pros

Concern for employees and their families. Very friendly even the top bosses are open to talking with all employees. Very diverse and very concerned about customer service. Customer service at Duke Realty means other business and even other associates. Very good place to work.

Cons

Every place has its ups and downs, sometimes some of the employees do not get along with others but top personnel tries to work with keeping it to a minimum.

Would like to see some money put in the budget to allow some employees the ability to go to training conferences.

Former accountant can play the game, but will he go all in when the going gets tough?

Current Employee - Vice President in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Vice President in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Duke Realty

Pros

When I was first hired at Duke, it was a breath of fresh air from my previous employer. The atmosphere was younger & I felt that Duke was going to take on the world. I also noticed that people tend to stay at Duke once they are hired. Over the past 3 years, Duke expanded into several new markets and gained a more national profile. New markets meant new challenges. We have more buildings and more opportunities.

In my time at Duke, I have reported to many people and, for the most part, none of my bosses have micro managed my performance.

Cons

We can say we are all working toward the same goal, but in reality, we feel we are working for the best interests of those with the biggest titles and those on commissions.

Lead by example. Walk the walk. In a similar bad year, Tom Hefner put his bonus back into the bonus pool.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Duke Realty

Pros

Duke is really good company to work at for several reasons. 1.) Community involvement. They promote and encourage employees to get involved in the community they work or live in. Each employee gets 2 paid days off for community service and the company will match donations up to $1,000.

Cons

One of the downsides Duke has it seems there are employees in postions they don't deserve to be in. Need to take the good 'ol boy network down and promote based upon merrit.

Doing a good job in my tenure and need to fight through the downturn in the economy.