Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

271 reviews filtered by
3.3
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :) (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult (in 26 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers (in 15 reviews)

1. Very Solid Company

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

New senior management a great plus.

Cons

Like any larger company sometimes all voices are not heard.

Listen to the troops

2. Excited for the recent re-branding, however, data assets need to evolve with the times.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work/life balance is great and the new CEO and executives are driving many positive changes to the company. The brand is the crown jewel of the company and the re-branding will help increase awareness and understanding of what the company does. The company has finally built a long term strategy around partnerships which is refreshing to see. The company is making headway In terms of strategic direction of the "products" in focusing more on predictive analytics.

Cons

The challenges include receiving targets and commission plans well into the first quarter every year so it is extremely difficult to understand goals/objectives out of the gate on a new year. The health benefits keep getting worse each year (although that is a common theme across all companies) and the salaries are not always consistent across the company. The salaries don't always reflect the contributions of the individual or position within the company and need to be addressed. The data assets need to improve and management needs to stop thinking that the core assets are always the best in class.

Love the changes in culture as well as strategic focus of the company. However, don't forget that the core data sources need to be updated and improved as well. Upper management preaches "outside-in" and the data organization really needs to take this to heart.

It has been a wild ride.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growth and innovation are the watchwords. New CEO has brought new leadership, added roles that had formerly been missing (Global leaders of HR and Marketing), defined key strategic initiatives (hills), and continues to reaffirm that we're all in this together and everyone's contribution is both encouraged and required. Those who engage and communicate thoughtfully have ample opportunities for contribution and growth. Those who fail to step up are easily identified and do not last long.

Cons

The company seems like it's been in a 1980s/90s outsourcing and financial engineering death spiral since the 1980s or 1990s. There is a fair amount of hangover from that time, but the new leadership and strategy are redefining the culture and not looking back.

Stay the course and keep moving. I and many others are engaged and pulling with and for you. We appreciate your support and contribution. This is working. I've been in a few acquisitions and turnarounds, and this is the most exciting place and time I've ever worked.

5. program manager

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

9 to 5 position, low key environment

Cons

pay lower than financial and investment bank firms

stop selling all your assets

6. Incredibly pleasant environment

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people at D&B are great, from the CEO down to the brand new intern. I have never had an issue finding someone help me figure out how to do something procedural, and the powers that be are particularly receptive to new ideas. I don't do the work that the company is known for, but instead background operations in which I have a particular expertise and anybody to whom I must offer relevant advice or guidance openly accepts that I am here for this reason, only raising objections when my input conflicts with their own personal expertise.

Cons

Relatively disorganized in many ways, though the new executive team is obviously working toward changing this. Simple tasks, like getting an IP drop installed, can take weeks or even months longer than necessary. A lot of my job pertains to initiating technological services which is something D&B outsources, thus slowing the process significantly.

Continue the good work, but also streamline the simple processes.There's no reason for so many paper trails, service tickets, etc.

7. Great experience for internship, people are very helpful on everything, and it was a great networking experience for me!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

I was working with the global product team, there are multiple tasks that I had to handle at the same time. Those project required me to gather data and information from different departments, and it was a valuable experience for on building networks. Also, I attended lots of information sessions, from how to speak like a business professional to how to communicate with coworkers efficiently. Overall, an amazing intern experience!

Cons

There are no cons I observed

8. Strong Learning experience

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

They take time to help you learn the job at hand in order to set you up for success.

Cons

Not much room for advancement in entry level positions

Good people, poor leadership.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

the people, flexibility in work hours and opportunities to work from home

Cons

waterfall processes, uncertainty about future, low morale, unattainable deadlines, low wages

10. Sales

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Great brand, a lot of change to drive a stronger organization

Cons

Need more support team, work needs to be done to define future vision for a commoditized product line

11. National Sales Rep

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Work life balance is a plus.

Cons

Managers/leaders are horrible and don't care about their teams.

Ask sales teams to tell you how many times their sales leaders have been on a call and actually met with a client.