Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Reset

Horrible

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from Home. I can't think a whole lot that was benefitted from this position besides it being a Gapstop.

Cons

Lack of growth and management is terrible. Demostrated incompetence and apathy of leadership, from the program manager to the client services - account director on down to the training director.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on short term goals and learn what your competitors are doing right. I think this company is a sinking ship

Credit Advisor

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can piggy back on a Reputable companies name.

Cons

Toxic work environment. The new company objective is to grow as quickly as possible and jump ship like the past 10 companies they built and sold. Left in the wake of this are people who dedicated their lively hood to genuinely helping companies with day to day issues that involve their history and credit. Most of all their reputations. Products do not work anymore and sadly the revolving door creates more problems for customers becuase reps don't know what they are doing. Once educated individuals were employed. Now, all are accepted as it is a typical $10.00 an hour call center!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the power crazy, young, scared to voice there real opions type and replace with those who have a spine.

Management is SHADY!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary was "ok", Benefits were "ok"

Cons

Management will lie to you...do as I say not as I do.

Advice to Management

Be accountable and don't throw your staff under the bus to save your own hide.

Meat Grinder

Former Employee - New Account Acquisition Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - New Account Acquisition Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

most of the office personal was nice, I enjoyed my co-workers and direct supervisor

Cons

it is an awful inside sales job. The hand you recycled leads and complain when you cannot turn them into new sales. Most of the work is cold calling people who did not know their company had a business credit report then you over charge them for access to it.

Advice to Management

stop with the bad leads to the smile and dial factory floor. The training is awful, support non-existent, and yet it was presented, daily, as if it was the best thing since sliced bread

Micromanagement at Best

Former Employee - NCA Representative in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - NCA Representative in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In Center Valley, there is a great cafeteria and nice buildings. The parking is also a plus. Coworkers are helpful. Some management is nice and qualified.

Cons

Micromanagement from Top-Down. Little advancement room. No separating work from personal life. Low Salary. There are underqualified managers. The D&B way is the only way to win. Every hour on the hour, you are measured by "Talk Time". Every hour on the hour, you are also measured by Sales Amount. D&B is about a quick sale, not customer satisfaction and retention. They are selling a product that is difficult to believe in even though they have extensive research backing them.

Advice to Management

Your way doesn't always work best. Do not promote unqualified individuals. Accept that there is a separation between work and home life. Start honoring lunches, holidays, and an honest 8 hour work day.

Horrible work Environment, Can you say High School?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable Pay. Guaranteed to get paid on time. Other than the "ok" pay, there was nothing good to say about this place. I dreaded waking up in the morning and heading to this dungeon.

Cons

Nothing but gossip, meetings all day long with no outcome. People, from management down feed on gossip and don't do anything about the childish work environment. Surrounded by bullies who management are too afraid to reprimand. Management looked down on their staff as if they were peasants. They claim to be an equal opportunity employer but you can count the minority on one hand.

Advice to Management

Take ownership on whats going on in your department. People are leaving the company left and right and it's because you aren't taking action. Act as a team and don't hand down your dirty work.

8. They lied about the quality of the leads

Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with were great.

Cons

They lied about having great "warm" leads. I'm sorry but when you call on "companies" and they have no idea who you are, who your company is and why you are calling I would not call that a warm lead. I call them "companies" because after calling hundreds of businesses and getting home answering machines I started looking up their addresses on Google's street view and most of them were private residences or apartment complexes.

Advice to Management

Be honest with people in the job interview process.

Big Mistake!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work for a well-recognized name. HQ is near the Short Hills Mall so it makes Christmas shopping a little easier. It's probably a good place to go if you have a cog-like job and you're 3-5 years away from retirement. I don't think there's anyone there past 5:00, so you definitely get home in time for dinner.

Cons

-- Soooo many layers to get ANYTHING done. You need approval after approval and meeting after meeting just to get something that should take 10 minutes done. -- I was warned when I was hired that they have an annual re-org. They weren't kidding. It's like clockwork. -- I was there for 1 year and had 4 different managers, the only one that was somewhat qualified left the company. -- The atmosphere in Short Hills is like a morgue. It makes the Office Space office look like Mardis Gras! -- ZERO energy or excitement about the products, customers, mobility, etc.

Advice to Management

I know data is essentially boring, but you really need to pay attention to just how depressing it is in your company. You also need to really look into your management layer as most of them have no idea what they are doing and are doing jobs for which they have no previous qualifications (e.g., Finance people doing Marketing, Sales people doing Operations, etc.).

Revolving door for a reason

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours Mon-Fri 8-4:30, holidays, decent benefits, lively atmosphere. Tucson office has gorgeous mountain views.

Cons

Boiler room sales atmosphere. Very dishonest/predatory sales practices. You spend all day shoving products down the throats of unwitting business owners just to meet your goal. Management will encourage you to lie and creates an environment pettiness and distrust. People are constantly being fired and there is no real sense of job security. It's very difficult to feel proud about what you do when there is clear evidence of many customers being taken advantage of. They make promises of big money but for most it's a pipe dream. They scam their customers and their employees.

DINOSAUR - Too Big Data to Fail

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stronghold on the Risk Mgmt and Commercial Credit space, decent comprehensive major medical

Cons

Persnickety high-school culture,, Operational deficiencies, manual and antiquated internal process, legacy systems, disparate decentralized reporting, leadership is uninformed and inept, uses financial flexibility to justify turnover and expense cuts and the field says they can't demo the software because it runs slower than a 28K modem.

Advice to Management

Bring in more leadership from the outside, MaxCV is just the first overbudget project if you want to be ready for IoT, we have to build automated SB SaaS models, Ops is broken, Pricing is a laughable mess and stop the insanity, a decade of failure in new commercial customer acquistion alone has led to turnover of 120+ pp, and might as well migrate DNBi and SRM to force.com, they are eating your lunch with DDC neway.

RSS Feed </> Embed