Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
271 reviews filtered by

1. Great experience for internship, people are very helpful on everything, and it was a great networking experience for me!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

I was working with the global product team, there are multiple tasks that I had to handle at the same time. Those project required me to gather data and information from different departments, and it was a valuable experience for on building networks. Also, I attended lots of information sessions, from how to speak like a business professional to how to communicate with coworkers efficiently. Overall, an amazing intern experience!

Cons

There are no cons I observed

2. I worked for Turkey office; I was respected for my skills, encouraged to take initiative, supervised by the best people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

- Working with great people who actually cares about you. From bottom to top.
    And company activities which brought people together. Doing harlem shake with unit managers, and making toast with CEO was great.

Cons

salaries are under country standards

They need to show their appreciation for people's work to have a better turnover rates.

3. Strong Learning experience

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

They take time to help you learn the job at hand in order to set you up for success.

Cons

Not much room for advancement in entry level positions

5. Great company

Former Employee - Product Director
    Former Employee - Product Director

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Strong market position and great product line

Cons

Slow moving large organization

Streamline innovation, invest more in R&D

6. Marketing Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Culture in changing - great benefits to come

Cons

Little upward mobility depending on role

7. A rewarding career.

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Good place to work in a teaming environment.

Cons

Advancement limited due to location.

8. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Product Management
    Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Collegial, good life balance, nice people to work with, reasonable compensation

Cons

Tough place to work if you want action.

After decades of being run to push down costs, there are areas where millions of dollars are at risk, and a fix would be a tiny percentage of the revenues at risk. Management really needs to make these unglamorous but essential investments. As an employee, my greatest concern is not about compensation, or benefits, or a friendly atmosphere, but about concern that the company is investing adequately to ensure D&B will remain a going concern for more than the next few years. It's way too tough to get modest budget requests for things that will shore up businesses that serve key clients and make millions for the firm. That said, I think broadly Management is a good bunch - maybe with too much on your plate?
    Maybe it might make sense to have someone specific in senior management whose job is to look at the many unsexy but key businesses, and figure out how to shore them up from a decade of relentless resource cutting.

Good company...smart people

Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

D&B has many long term employees who are very smart and good to work with. The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance. Compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

D&B is very bureaucratic. If you can't tolerate a highly process and compliance driven culture it's not the company for you. As a sales rep it can be particularly challenging because the perception is that the company is not customer focused. Additionally D&B needs to accelerate the focus on developing products customers can consume today in the area of advanced analytics. New business development is a challenge.

D&B has a new C-level leadership team in almost every position. I think they will streamline internal processes because if they don't the company will be unable to grow. It is a "transformational" time at D&B. Much like other companies either we innovate, die (or get bought :).

10. Good place to work.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good communication from management.
    High quality staff.

Cons

Small office in Israel which results in limited amount of job opportunities.
    Salary in some areas below industry standard.

Best place I have worked so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new and growing management. The company is small in the big picture, but with growing technology and a fresh, new strategy, D&B is definitely going places. Excellent salaries, good benefits, and reward for work well-done. The new CEO Bob Carrigan is really determined to make this one of the best places to work, and I can clearly see the changes taking effect. Everything from simple aesthetic changes to where our vision, strategy, and product lines are progressing, this company is really beginning to move with the times, modernize, grow, globalize, and become everything one would want in a company. It is definitely an exciting time to be here!

Cons

More work-life balance would be nice. More work-from-home opportunity would be helpful.

You are doing a wonderful job staying connected to your employees, keeping us informed of everything you are doing, and taking advice from each and every one of us. Keep it up, and I hope to see more wonderful things to come!