Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Excited for the recent re-branding, however, data assets need to evolve with the times.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work/life balance is great and the new CEO and executives are driving many positive changes to the company. The brand is the crown jewel of the company and the re-branding will help increase awareness and understanding of what the company does. The company has finally built a long term strategy around partnerships which is refreshing to see. The company is making headway In terms of strategic direction of the "products" in focusing more on predictive analytics.

Cons

The challenges include receiving targets and commission plans well into the first quarter every year so it is extremely difficult to understand goals/objectives out of the gate on a new year. The health benefits keep getting worse each year (although that is a common theme across all companies) and the salaries are not always consistent across the company. The salaries don't always reflect the contributions of the individual or position within the company and need to be addressed. The data assets need to improve and management needs to stop thinking that the core assets are always the best in class.

Advice to Management

Love the changes in culture as well as strategic focus of the company. However, don't forget that the core data sources need to be updated and improved as well. Upper management preaches "outside-in" and the data organization really needs to take this to heart.

Used to a great place to work

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

for the most part everyone is pretty cool, but I really don't think the upper management really understands what the employees want.

Cons

you basically creating something for the man. the product will not really help anyone. Product Owners are mostly clueless and I have no idea what they do all day.

Advice to Management

pay competitive salaries. stop trying so hard to push new rules and then pretend like it wasn't you, this isn't high school, just say what you mean and stop hiding it in a cloud of obscurity.

3. Java Developer Intern

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Nice place to work at.

Cons

Less senior staff in the team

Advice to Management

More Staff

It has been a wild ride.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth and innovation are the watchwords. New CEO has brought new leadership, added roles that had formerly been missing (Global leaders of HR and Marketing), defined key strategic initiatives (hills), and continues to reaffirm that we're all in this together and everyone's contribution is both encouraged and required. Those who engage and communicate thoughtfully have ample opportunities for contribution and growth. Those who fail to step up are easily identified and do not last long.

Cons

The company seems like it's been in a 1980s/90s outsourcing and financial engineering death spiral since the 1980s or 1990s. There is a fair amount of hangover from that time, but the new leadership and strategy are redefining the culture and not looking back.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep moving. I and many others are engaged and pulling with and for you. We appreciate your support and contribution. This is working. I've been in a few acquisitions and turnarounds, and this is the most exciting place and time I've ever worked.

6. program manager

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

9 to 5 position, low key environment

Cons

pay lower than financial and investment bank firms

Advice to Management

stop selling all your assets

7. Sales

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Great brand, a lot of change to drive a stronger organization

Cons

Need more support team, work needs to be done to define future vision for a commoditized product line

Good people, poor leadership.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

the people, flexibility in work hours and opportunities to work from home

Cons

waterfall processes, uncertainty about future, low morale, unattainable deadlines, low wages

Incredibly pleasant environment

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at D&B are great, from the CEO down to the brand new intern. I have never had an issue finding someone help me figure out how to do something procedural, and the powers that be are particularly receptive to new ideas. I don't do the work that the company is known for, but instead background operations in which I have a particular expertise and anybody to whom I must offer relevant advice or guidance openly accepts that I am here for this reason, only raising objections when my input conflicts with their own personal expertise.

Cons

Relatively disorganized in many ways, though the new executive team is obviously working toward changing this. Simple tasks, like getting an IP drop installed, can take weeks or even months longer than necessary. A lot of my job pertains to initiating technological services which is something D&B outsources, thus slowing the process significantly.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work, but also streamline the simple processes.There's no reason for so many paper trails, service tickets, etc.

10. Great experience for internship, people are very helpful on everything, and it was a great networking experience for me!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

I was working with the global product team, there are multiple tasks that I had to handle at the same time. Those project required me to gather data and information from different departments, and it was a valuable experience for on building networks. Also, I attended lots of information sessions, from how to speak like a business professional to how to communicate with coworkers efficiently. Overall, an amazing intern experience!

Cons

There are no cons I observed

Interview process and work culture

Former Employee - Java Developer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Chennai (India)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard to Find any Positives....

Cons

There are thousands of Cons.
    I will start the interview process.
    There will be 3 rounds of interview
    2 technical rounds and 1 manager round.
    Interview process will be very easy. But the panel will come very late they may call in week days for 2nd and 3rd round of interview. Each round you need to wait for the hole day. Finally they will call you one more day for salary discussion . After the interview they will tell you to wait for client for billing or budget.They will call every 2 or 3 days and will tell they will release offer and after some days they will call for one more final round of interview for client and will tell your not selected.

Worst and lazy people working in this organization as managers and they don't know current technologies in the market.

Advice to Management

Please resign from service and do some business to survive your family. don't work in IT Companies.

RSS Feed </> Embed