Dunbar Armored

www.dunbararmored.com

Dunbar Armored Reviews in Denver, CO

Kevin R. Dunbar

Pros
  • If you are one of the part time employees there (I'd say almost all are part time status) you can get full time hours for the most part(in 4 reviews)

• Some good people within the company(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay considering that you are placing your own safety at risk(in 11 reviews)

• No full timers, yet part timers work full time hours, thus avoiding employees the opportunity of benefits(in 4 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Driving in circles.

Armored Driver/Guard (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Proswork alone or with one partner. work at your own pace.

Consno advancement opportunities whatsoever. Salary not worth the responsibility of handling a gun.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your drivers, they are the only ones who know the route.

High turn-around, poor treatment of employees, incompetent management

Driver/Guard (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsJob can be somewhat entertaining at first, but gets old rather quickly. If you're a driver, you get a lot of time to people watch while waiting outside of retails centers, etc.

ConsThe branch manager changed the route/shift schedule daily, making it nearly impossible to plan your life around work. I learned quickly not to make plans or appointments for when I knew I had a shorter route later in the week, because I knew I could show up that day and learn I'd been changed to a long route. It's not hard to get a day off, but you have to give plenty of advance notice. The fact that management wouldn't meet us halfway on this notice policy was one of many reasons I felt that no one on top was concerned about my welfare. The effect of poor employee treatment is evident in overall work ethic of the driver/guard staff. No one takes care of the vehicles, they drive them fast and without regard to how the truck will be worn down when constantly run over dips and rail road tracks at high speeds. Management preaches safety, and there are posters up in the shop about slowing down on the route, but they are constantly hounding the drivers and hoppers about "why the route took you so long today? We need to speed it up!"

This could be a fine place to work if management gave up more benefits and better treatment to their employees. Turn-around is very very high. I quit after about 5 weeks, and it's very common for people to leave after only working for 2-3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit changing the schedule like we don't have lives outside of work.

Good only for last resort job

Armed Guard/Driver (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsInteresting work environment. Routes easy to pick up. Always work that needs to be done. Good people to work with.

ConsManagment doesn't understand how the job needs to be done. Dispatch messes up alot. Management, dispatch and drivers communication is shotty at best

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate with driver/hopper team. Before someone becomes manager, they need driver/hopper experience first. Need to Pay employees better

Worked for Dunbar Armored? Contribute to the Community!