Dunbar Armored

www.dunbararmored.com

Dunbar Armored Reviews in Denver, CO

2.0

Kevin R. Dunbar

Pros
  • Some good people within the company (in 4 reviews)

• Most of the part-time employees get full-time hours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay considering that you are placing your own safety at risk (in 13 reviews)

• Eighth, everyone is hired on as a part time worker but will work more hours than full time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Driving in circles.

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Denver, CO

I have been working at Dunbar Armored full-time (less than an year)

Pros

work alone or with one partner. work at your own pace.

Cons

no advancement opportunities whatsoever. Salary not worth the responsibility of handling a gun.

Listen to your drivers, they are the only ones who know the route.

High turn-around, poor treatment of employees, incompetent management

Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Denver, CO

I worked at Dunbar Armored

Pros

Job can be somewhat entertaining at first, but gets old rather quickly. If you're a driver, you get a lot of time to people watch while waiting outside of retails centers, etc.

Cons

The branch manager changed the route/shift schedule daily, making it nearly impossible to plan your life around work. I learned quickly not to make plans or appointments for when I knew I had a shorter route later in the week, because I knew I could show up that day and learn I'd been changed to a long route. It's not hard to get a day off, but you have to give plenty of advance notice. The fact that management wouldn't meet us halfway on this notice policy was one of many reasons I felt that no one on top was concerned about my welfare. The effect of poor employee treatment is evident in overall work ethic of the driver/guard staff. No one takes care of the vehicles, they drive them fast and without regard to how the truck will be worn down when constantly run over dips and rail road tracks at high speeds. Management preaches safety, and there are posters up in the shop about slowing down on the route, but they are constantly hounding the drivers and hoppers about "why the route took you so long today? We need to speed it up!"

This could be a fine place to work if management gave up more benefits and better treatment to their employees. Turn-around is very very high. I quit after about 5 weeks, and it's very common for people to leave after only working for 2-3 months.

Quit changing the schedule like we don't have lives outside of work.

Good only for last resort job

Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Dunbar Armored

Pros

Interesting work environment. Routes easy to pick up. Always work that needs to be done. Good people to work with.

Cons

Managment doesn't understand how the job needs to be done. Dispatch messes up alot. Management, dispatch and drivers communication is shotty at best

Learn to communicate with driver/hopper team. Before someone becomes manager, they need driver/hopper experience first. Need to Pay employees better

Dunbar Armored Photos