Dunelm Reviews

3.1
Dunelm Chief Executive Officer Will Adderley
Will Adderley

1. store colleague

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at Dunelm part-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, very relaxed, get the chance to chat to customers when working on a till,

Cons

when we get new people coming in and out the store i e managers and staff members then they move on to do different things and then they have to say goodbye.is when you ask for more hours and they cant give them you at the time, but can give other members of staff opportunity to work over, that i dont understand.

Advice to Management

manager at our store is loverly no pressure is put on you when working relaxed atmosphere and is very fair towards us.

2. Fantastic place to work

I have been working at Dunelm full-time

Pros

Working at the Store Support Centre, the facilities are first rate, easy to get to, modern and everything you could want from a place of work. Management is supportive, engaged and refreshingly open both in terms of plans as well as being approachable.

Cons

One minor 'moan' is the fact that there is no real canteen and so it can be quite expensive to eat at work but that said, the food provision is excellent and reasonably priced so its swings and roundabouts. The other concern is the sickness/leave benefits which aren't those which you would expect from a top company.

Advice to Management

To attract the top echelon of employees, the sickness/leave benefits need to be bought in line with other top employers. With regard to SSC, it would be nice to have some fridges for lunch/milk so that those on lower wages can manage their costs a little better.

Its Great!!

I have been working at Dunelm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

With incentives, bonuses and long service rewards its a great place to work. i've just about reached 10 years with the company and would say overall its a great place to work

Cons

internal progression is overlooked at times and we seem to employ from out the company when there is often better talent within(there are plenty of great opportunities though). At times it can seem like there are just too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to move long distances as store managers are expected to move stores if required.

5. Sale Assistant

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Erdington, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Erdington, England (UK)

I have been working at Dunelm part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dunelm gave me the opportunity to learn many new skills, by making me more confident with customer service by using customer first ,trained me to be on tills and has helped me with my social skills in and out side of work. I am proud to be a homemaker, for such a stable, friendly and family orientated company.

Cons

The only negative thing i can think of as an employee, is that i am unable to work full time.

Advice to Management

Provide a locker for each member of staff, as it is a risk of their personal items. I also think it would be beneficial to participant in team building activities, in order to build relationships between members of staff.

6. Most Awarding & Building Career Thus Far

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Swansea, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Pros

I believe in the company ethos completely and share both values and principals. The company succeeds to employ caring and socially capable individuals who strive to provide an excellent experience for the customers.

Cons

It is irregular for any cons to come forth however on occasions there are anomalies such as clashing of characters with senior management and so on.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the fantastic name that Dunelm has persistently seen to improve.

7. team leader

Current Employee - Team Leader in Telford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Telford, England (UK)

Pros

its not just about being a team leader .......in the store the customers are part of the team too!!!

Cons

the drinks machine has awful coffee

8. Overall good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Pros

Great staff, friendly environment, Diverse job roles

Cons

Long hours, few breaks, difficult to stand out till for too long.

Advice to Management

Seats on tills!

9. Great company to work for highly recommend

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowestoft, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowestoft, England (UK)

I worked at Dunelm part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Higher management were fantastic and very understanding! Great work mates and helping customers made this job worth while!

Cons

Continuous smart counts & fill its! Paperwork after paperwork became tedious! Also some middle management (team leaders) were useless and didn't really know how to lead their teams properly!

Advice to Management

Train up the team leaders so they know what they are supposed to be doing as you have one telling you to do it this way and another telling you it's wrong and you need to do it that way! All I can say is Thank goodness our higher management was always on hand to help out!

10. Not exactly groundbreaking

I have been working at Dunelm full-time

Pros

Certain departments have fantastic career progression. Solid growth company If your face fits you can progress much quicker than in other company

Cons

Poor annual leave Generally low salaries for roles

Advice to Management

Treat staff better across the entire company not just the management favorites

11. A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Swansea, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Swansea, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Dunelm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant colleagues, a lovely big store, something different to do each shift, good staff facilities.

Cons

Sometimes you have to wait for things you ask for eg. new name badges, new uniforms etc.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff. Make things readily available to us like new badges so we always look presentable to customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed