www.dunkinbrands.com

Updated January 21, 2015
3.2

Dunkin' Brands CEO Nigel Travis
Nigel Travis

Pros
  • Work/Life balance generally supported throughout the organization (in theory) (in 7 reviews)

• There is lots of free food and there is a discount on food (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible communication across departments, very low pay, and no opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• Due to the lack of staffing, Work/Life balance not possible if goals are to be achieved (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

receive tips, flexible work schedule

Cons

Manager was very unorganized and incompetent

Awesome

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

A great company to work for. Lots of room to grow. Very nice people. Challenging environment l recommend.

Cons

Sometimes hard to get on touch with upper management. Is a very large company. Lots of information to know,

OK while it lasted, glad it's over.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Dunkin' Brands part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts for a year and a half.
    The tasks required of you are simple and easy to get into the "swing" of. Atmosphere is usually casual or swift if you are working during peak team or in the drive thru. Some customers are funny. There is usually one or two people working there that call out all of the time (kind of a con?), so extra hours are sometimes available. Some locations allow tips, free coffee, and donuts. Some shift leaders are great to work with, others not. The expectations are that you are accurate, quick, and friendly. It's also required that your "work station" is cleaned and stocked before your shift ends.

Cons

Personal growth is mostly limited and depending on how well you acclimate, lead, and get a long with management. Raises are very small from a promotion to shift leader. Don't expect a raise at Dunkin' Donuts.

Upper management should do a better job at making sure lower management is treating employees fairly.
    Employees should be given raises, especially ones that have worked there a very long time.

It's a wonderful culture but not fast-paced or young

Former Employee - Enterprise Risk Management in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Risk Management in Canton, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

Free Dunkin'
    Good office culture
    Training was given and instructions were given
    Clear expectations
    good bosses

Cons

Not many opportunities
    Slow work life
    Leadership opportunities are far and few
    Compensation is slightly below average

Encourage new ideas

Working as a crew member

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

Easy work, coutomers are very friendly

Cons

Not enough hours per week

Good company overall but really tied to the bottom line.

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and support from management. Interesting work (if you're into quick service restaurants). Pay was above average and business casual is the dress code. Everyone knocks off at 1:30pm on Fridays! The company offers a matching 401k and bonus plus health benefits. All the coffee and donuts, bagels, ice cream etc you want for free in the cafeteria! Discounted bag coffee.

Cons

Lay-offs occur way too often as a way to same money, especially after the company went public. It's bad enough if you are a working stiff but upper management is a real revolving door. I never bothered to learn the names of corporate officers.

Lay off the trigger, there's enough blood on the walls already.

Weak Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Canton, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn about the QSR industry in a growing company. The cooperate atmosphere is fun, as it should be at a company that sells coffee and donuts. I had the opportunity to have one on ones with directors across many departments to really learn about the franchise business. I was pleasantly surprised with how much trust the company gave me as an intern, allowing me to work on numerous unsupervised projects.

Cons

I interned with the company for two summers and show the internship program grow from 20 interns in my first summer to 40 interns during my 2nd summer with the company. Despite the growth in the internship program, the company does not value intern. If you intern for company the chance of you being hired after your internship is very slim. The company does not hire directly from the internship pool. My department was truly grateful for the contributions I made however in the department I worked in their are no entry level positions. If you are looking for your internship to lead to a job this is not the place to work. If your looking for a decent paying summer job, Dunkin' Brands is not a bad place to work.

Management should take the internship program more seriously, and consider giving jobs to qualified interns. At other QSR companies their are management training programs for recent grads that the company should consider investing in.

Dunkin' Brands

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, fun atmosphere. Growing company..

Cons

Work life balance isn't always there. Promotions tend to come long after the person is already in the role.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, fun atmosphere, and lots of learning. Great work/life balance and benefits. Competitive pay and lots of growth opportunities.

Cons

Like any big company, there can be some bureaucracy, but you'll quickly learn how to work around that to be successful in your role.

Keep up the good work

Like Sour Patch Kids only backwards, first they are sweet then they are bitter.

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time

Pros

The freedom to run your store as if it were yours.
    Great benefits

Cons

Work EVERY Sat and Mon
    No relationship with upper management
    Constant email communication
    Harassment from upper management

Get younger more vibrant multi unit managers. People that aren't afraid to try new 2014 techniques not people that are sticking to the same strategies from when they graduated college in the 60's. Also make new employees aware that management with your company is merely temporary. In due time once sales are UNBELIEVEABLE we will sale the store to a franchise and not care about anything you have done for the company

Dunkin' Brands Photos

Outside Dunkin' Brands headquarter offfice located in Canton, Massachusetts (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.5)
Dunkin Cafe