Dunkin

Dunkin Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Dunkin CEO Nigel Travis

Nigel Travis

Pros
  • Work/Life balance generally supported throughout the organization (in theory)(in 6 reviews)

• There is lots of free food and there is a discount on food(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible communication across departments, very low pay, and no opportunity for advancement(in 7 reviews)

• Due to the lack of staffing, Work/Life balance not possible if goals are to be achieved(in 3 reviews)

Great people, fun products.

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Canton, MA

ProsExcellent benefits. Nice co-workers. Nice bonus

ConsToo many politics. Negative management style by those in leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro management and more leadership.

Poor Management Training, Low wage, slave work

Crew Member (Former Employee) Ayer, MA

ProsEasy to obtain job, flexible schedule

ConsManagement has very poor training and are mostly incompetent young adults with no or little education, poor communication skills amongst employees, little accountability to management, low wages, employees are not valued and treat employees as dispensable

Advice to Senior Managementstart hiring better educated managers and provide further educational training outside of the Dunkin' University, pay employees better in order to afford more professional management styles

Dunkin' is a Demotivating Place to Work

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat place for work/life balance. Good corporate culture. Great coffee!

ConsVery little opportunity for career development. Politics are more important than the work which can be demotivating. Layoffs occur on a regular basis.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you love politics......

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat working environment for those who excel at form over substance. If you "do" instead of "think and embrace the "hurd" mentality your career will be long and fulfilling.

ConsOut of the box thinking and leadership that challenges the status quo are frowned upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up, read your annual employee surveys and impliment the recommendatins instead of ignoring them when they don't fit your narrative.

Worked here fort years

ProsFree food/Coffee
    Good crew @ my location

ConsScheduling
    Lack of team members
    very stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementHire capable people.

Too focused as a public company now on forecasting and unreasonable results to satisfy Wall St.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGreat learning curve. Best in class demographic, analytic, predictive and real estae systems.

ConsToo focused on forecasting and acheiving unreasonable growth results to satisfy Wall Street and not enough support and focus on the people in the field .... where the rubber actually meets the road. Lip service only to the work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be clearer in the goals/direction provided to the field employees and be much more focused (not just give lip service) to the work/life balance. Also, support/guidance for the Field managers and Directors needs to be improved dramatically.

Complete waste of time.

Porter (Former Employee) Henrietta, NY

ProsNo experience required. Flexible Scheduling

ConsRude customers, inept management, boring, low pay, physically demanding. Constantly was asked to work through meals and breaks. Manager expected me to come in and start work early, but not clock in until the time on the schedule.

A great nine-year run with Dunkin brands

Global Executive Pastry Chef (Former Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat opportunity to work with global partners to develop global platforms with long reaching opportunities.

I looked forward to every day, even with the normal corporate politics

ConsNow that they are fully public company. The stock price takes frontline in the culture and politics of tenure.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the importance of employees that sweat ice cream and cool down by drinking coffee great opportunities great people, great futures all are true but remember that the brick-and-mortar was built by people's dedication to the brands which can be sullied easily

Overall a good company to work for.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary and benefits are comparable to the market place. The people you get to work with are great. Some flexibility in scheduling and time off. Great opportunity to build and develop business relationships.

ConsHeavy work load and quality of life are out of balance. Recognition/praise is minimal. Below Director level employees treated with dispensable approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet and hold accountable to realistic expectations, not just budget forecasts. Grow the business by motivating your employees with a positive/appreciative approach. The return on investment will be huge because employees will want to do more.

The nicest place to work

Brand Marketing (Former Employee) Canton, MA

ProsI woke up every day excited to go to work. The people at Dunkin' are amazing - so nice, friendly, happy, willing to help and collaborate!

ConsThe technology used internally within the company could use an upgrade.

Worked for Dunkin? Contribute to the Community!