Dunkin' Donuts

Updated September 12, 2014
2.9

Dunkin' Donuts President John Henderson
John Henderson

Pros
  • Free Food, Long Hours Get to try new things (in 27 reviews)

• You can get free coffee if you bring your own cup (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • hard work and a lot of work for little pay (minimum wage) (in 15 reviews)

• bad pay long hours smells like coffee (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Training wheels for adult life.

Former Employee - Shift Leader  in  Englewood, FL
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Englewood, FL

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dunkin' has been a fantastic first job for me. I started at the age of 16, and at 19 have just put in my two weeks.
    I have learned much about myself, management, and working with customers. I was promoted to Shift Leader at 18 and my experience only improved from there. Dunkin' is not a career choice for me, but has been a wonderful opportunity.

Cons

Training varies. Unfortunately in the two stores that I have worked at, both in Florida, I have seen a lack in proper training of employees. There are so many different ways that employees do things, but I rarely see the proper way. I have tried teaching my teams according to Dunkin' Standard, but unfortunately even store mangers will cut corners. I feel that this has much to do with the number of high school and college aged employees. They see it as a temporary job, and therefore the respect for and dedication to standards of practice go out the window.

Focus on the minimum wage employees. Without benefits of any kind, the job is not taken seriously. I love Dunkin' Donuts, and am so appreciative to the experiences and knowledge I have acquired. I would love to see others take the job as seriously as I did.

OK

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts

Pros

I get tips and there is room to move up

Cons

Coworkers especially girls can be very rude

Well rounded job opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork and there is opportunity to learn many things in this company. One day at work consists of customer service, food handling, money handling, job responsibility, teamwork, etc. I see it as a stepping stone towards what other career/job you may have in mind for yourself. Of course there is also a chance you could move up in the company if you desire as well.

Cons

The job can get stressful, you just need to take it step by step so you don't become overwhelmed. That statement is made from my personal experience, not every Dunkin is the same. There are busy days and there are slow days, but for the most part each day is routine. The same duties are executed every day and you will definitely get used to your "regular customers".

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Dunkin Donuts was a 5 on a scale of 1-10

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Greenville, SC

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a fun working environment especially if you like meeting new people.

Cons

The supervision by the shift leaders was extremely lacking

Have the shift leaders actually help the new employees as opposed to teaching them for a day then walking off the rest of the time they are employed there.

Okay as a first job

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts

Pros

You can get tips if the manager allows it, but I've had some peers tell me that not all do. Mornings are typically very busy so you won't find work boring. Manager was a really nice and laid back guy and had a few co-workers that were cool to talk with.

Cons

Working early mornings. Management can sometimes be horrible depending on who you work for. Little to no room for personal growth. Lack of communication between shift leaders and management can lead to a hectic work environment as each individual has different methods of servicing customers. Customers can be very rude and inconsiderate.

Too unstructured

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Cons

Corporate is add hands-off as possible, letting each restaurant run itself the way it wants. I was never formally fired, but they haven't put me on the schedule in a year, claiming that "everyone's schedules had to be cut"

Be more strict.

crew member

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts part-time for less than a year

Pros

free donuts, friendly environment , great work-life balance

Cons

Smell like coffee all the time, rarely get hours, didn't really get trained had to learn some things on my own

Great place to work, advancement is fairly easy

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for a group of franchisee's in Syracuse New York. They are a fabulous group of people that really care about their employees. They were super flexible and was able to negotiate a higher wage when returning from maternity leave.

Cons

As a manager, you are managing mostly teenagers, so there can be some drama. Also certain customers can be verbally abusive. I guess you'll have that with service jobs though.

without the general manager it would have been great

Former Employee - Shift Leader
    Former Employee - Shift Leader

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are notified well in advance of new products or special promotions

Cons

Each owner hires there own general manager, when they pick the wrong one, like mine did it causes problems...adored the owner though..he was great to work for.

General associate

Former Employee - Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are majoring in hotel management, then working in a Dunkin'' Donuts store would be a great idea. You can obtain the first hand experience which taught by the store manager about treating customers nicely in a busy environment. You are able to learn how to make all kinds of drinks and sandwiches that the store applies to customers. In general, you can improve your communication and team work skills.

Cons

You are only earn $7.25 per hour if you first start it. You will smell like "just swimming in a coffee pool" after you done your day's work.

Worked for Dunkin' Donuts? Contribute to the Community!