Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Dunkin' Donuts President John Henderson

John Henderson

Pros
  • Free Food, Long Hours Get to try new things (in 27 reviews)

• You can get free coffee if you bring your own cup (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • hard work and a lot of work for little pay (minimum wage) (in 15 reviews)

• bad pay long hours smells like coffee (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Store Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsGood enviroment, really great people to work with, awsome coffee and muffins, close to my house, very flexible management , the hours worked really well for me i'd get out at 12:00 noon and have the rest of the day to do whatever i needed

ConsReally early hours but for me it always worked really well i have two kids and its great to be able to do everything i need before picking them up at school

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

On the Up and Up

Cashier (Current Employee) Easton, PA

ProsGreat atmosphere interacting with customers and coworkers.

ConsMinimum wage, the smell of garlic bagels permeates your clothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStagger the baking so there are fresher bagels and donuts in the afternoon.

Great place to work for a part-time job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest reason to work here is the how flexible the hours are, especially for part-time.

ConsThe main challenge as a crew member was the moments when some customers would do the most ridiculous things to get a free cup of coffee.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe friendly with your team, but still keep it professional to have that level of respect. the team will work together better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice people and a good atmosphere

Conslower pay not much room for growth

Great part time job

Dunkin Donuts (Former Employee) Dracut, MA

Pros-easy work
    -great hours available
    -if employees are kept happy (fully staffed and fully stocked stores) then everything is golden

Cons-needs better store and corporate management

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize the little people who make your store what it is, and do it before they quit

Friendly and Energetic, but lacking in the pay department

Crew Member/Trainer (Former Employee) West Mifflin, PA

ProsFree coffee & donuts
    Regular customers every day
    Mostly girls that staff
    Creativity and quick work environment

ConsToo quick of a turnover rate
    Management = bunch of people who have never worked in food
    The pay was minimal and the work was fast paced and overwhelming at first, and even when seasoned
    They undervalue you, they praise everyone the same "You're awesome, keep it up" when you work hard, you should get something, but when horrible employees get whatever they want, it gets annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit changing the guidelines every 3 weeks, raises would be nice, I was there for 2 years and only got bumped up $1.25, and more training to new employees before setting them loose on customers who will complain.

Cashier

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat first time job experience working at Dunking.

ConsNone noted, had a great experience.

good

Cashier (Current Employee) Bear, DE

ProsI like to work here

Consgood experience,company should take care of all employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMenagement should think about all emloyee

Good Company Overall

ProsDunkin' Donuts opens earlier than Starbucks everyday, fast and cheap with great guest service. they have national donut day which gives you a chance to try a free donut that you haven't taste before. sometimes they have like $1.99 coolatta promotion too while starbucks always try to be high-end.

ConsSome locations do not take tips. A lot of customers who received excellent service from the crew also blame the management team for not letting crew take tips. Tips can increase the guest service in a much more effective manner than any other kind of bonus. some customers do not want to donate. they rather take the money back to their pockets or give it the crew instead of donating. this policy and culture needs a bit of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus should be awarded not just to the management team, should award people at the front line if you want to increase the sales much more. maybe in the current market, dunkin' has been in its middle age; growing at its steady state

sumer job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosits an ok job for the summer. they have good coffee

Consyou have to stand a lot

Worked for Dunkin' Donuts? Contribute to the Community!