Dunkin

Dunkin Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Dunkin CEO Nigel Travis

Nigel Travis

Pros
  • Work/Life balance generally supported throughout the organization (in theory)(in 6 reviews)

• There is lots of free food and there is a discount on food(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible communication across departments, very low pay, and no opportunity for advancement(in 7 reviews)

• Due to the lack of staffing, Work/Life balance not possible if goals are to be achieved(in 3 reviews)

Growing Company, Great Products

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLot's of responsibility as the growth accelerates. Excellent product and always new in development. Strong in the East but Western states are showing some "pent-up" demand. Growth in western states should be the opportunity.

ConsLot's of direction changes as the growth accelerates, but roll with it and adjust. Some confusion & contradiction over "strategy" with frequent local management changes. Best local management is coming from those folks in the ops position with experience from the older DD Markets (East Coast)...some have 10+ yrs with DD.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse DD experienced management when you can find it. Experience is more credible with Franchisees and new staff.

Don't trust senior management

Marketing (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat brand from the outside, nice offices, dedicated employees, average to below average comp, Fri afternoons off

ConsSenior Management is all about taking care of themselves and their inner circle first and foremost; lots of sucking up within the circle; CEO is likable but blind to actual management style of department heads because they are superb at managing up to him while being !@# managers of their departments...severe over work

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganizing isn't always the answer..stop the layoffs of unsuspecting high performers for no good reason....people who are very very good at what they do and who have worked smart and hard with the resources available do not deserve to be let go. Often their replacements do not prove to be the answer to bring in more, more and more...and you've wasted time and investment and damaged the morale of employees left behind......the idea that a shake up is the best thing to do for the business needs thoughtful and very smart consideration. This seems to be senior management's default tactic. Also, realize that managing by intimidation is wrong, unproductive and unfair. Do you really want that to be your legacy.....it is the reputation of senior management now and by extension the brand. Heartless and not very wise. Promote from within....take a look at employees who are not only those who are "liked" by you and extroverted enough to play the game.

A mess

Director of International Marketing (Former Employee) Canton, MA

Prosthey have great people working there

ConsAs any fast food company, their tuenover is huge, and the worst part, they don't care, especially in International, see how many International people they have get rid of since 2008 and you will know what I mean

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't spend money in stupid sponsorships like that british soccer club just because your CEO is british and is a fan of the club, you don't even have a huge presence in the UK!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no breaks given and no first aid in store, was a franchised store though

Team Member (Former Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

Prosif you enjoy small teams to work with, this enviroment is for you.

Conslittle accountability with regards to how their franchises are run

Good for a highschoolers side job

Donut Finisher (Former Employee) Port St Lucie, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, fun crew, free food, early and late hours

ConsStrict, super early shift, had to come in at 3 am to complete my task and was not allowed to clock in until 5 am

Advice to Senior Managementgive more allotted time to the donut finisher or have two people come in to open the store

It was okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's fun and low effort on night shifts.

ConsSanitary conditions could be better.

Not an IT shop

ProsFree food. Fun brand. Some good people in the business areas.

ConsYou never know where you stand and could be layed off at any minute. Majority of real work is outsourced. Many in Info Tech are inexperienced and winging it including those in charge.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need more worker bees and less middle management. Especially in the info tech area.

Excellent

Analyst (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsExcellent benefits, and the unlimited supply of coffee and munchkins.

ConsSeems difficult to move into other areas of the company.

Great culture, fun perks

Project Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat teamwork and you're often recognized for your work. Work life balance is a pro, and cross functional training is offered.
    The perks are also a morale boost - free coffee, bakery and ice cream, sampling a of products before they hit the market, 1:30 Fridays, and free fitness center and other mid year events to reward the employees. They also offer tickets to Red Sox games as well as raffles for other events where money goes to our charitable Foundation.

ConsSome micromanaging, and often times the chain of command can be frustrating.

Great people, fun products.

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Canton, MA

ProsExcellent benefits. Nice co-workers. Nice bonus

ConsToo many politics. Negative management style by those in leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro management and more leadership.

Worked for Dunkin? Contribute to the Community!