Dunn Tire

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.4

Randy Clark

Over all good job good pay

Former Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customers were great management was decent great hours and compensation

Cons

some of the management would just come into work and sit while they put the whole work load on you

Keep good employees get rid of slackers

Don't get to comfortable

Former Employee - Tire/Alignment Tech
    Former Employee - Tire/Alignment Tech

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

End of day, knowing you can finally go home after busting your hump all day. Benefits aren't that bad. Work place fairly clean.

Cons

I worked for dunn for almost 2 years started as a tire tech at 9$ a few months later moved up to alignment tech no raise till almost a year of begging and asking then I get 10$ an hour and after that get transferred farther from home with no pay raise and demoted back to tire tech work for 2 months then get laid off because there dropping everyone's hours and mind you this is 4 days before Christmas. Real nice that's a good way of saying thanks.

When ever there is a problem listen to both sides not just jump to conclusions

I loved my job and did my best didnt have any complaints from customers

Former Employee - Driver in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Driver in Rochester, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the prudoct that i was delivering

Cons

there wasnt any good management and they werent very organized at all

management needs to be appreciated with there important workes the drivers who are the main reason the companyis making money

Joke of an operation

Former Employee - Store Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are fantastic and thats about it. Pay is not bad but not great.

Cons

Upper management changes company direction at the drop of a dime. If you dont perform or if they want you gone you are gone no matter how you perform

Have some consistancy in what you do. Find a way to treat your employees with respect

dissorganized

Current Employee - Tire Technician in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Tire Technician in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Dunn Tire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

leaving at the end of the day

Cons

Coming into work, terrible time management, and extremlly low income

Don't be so lazy and treat you staff with at least an ounce of respect

Great company to work for, very competitive, friendly atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Dunn Tire

Pros

Great people, competitive wages and atmosphere, neat and organized stores, up to date training and equipment, great sales platform, good work hours

Cons

at times the overall communication between certain levels within the company could be better, the wages could be more competitive against companies in the same field

wages for sales and management positions could be more competitive against other companies, more stores with better locations, more advancement abilty

Embarrassing Place to Work

Former Employee - Tire Technician
    Former Employee - Tire Technician

I worked at Dunn Tire

Pros

This job is all about manual labor. If you enjoy repetitive, mind numbing labor this job is for you.
    Usually other employees are cool.
    It used to be a laid back place to work but not anymore.
    They do offer a health insurance and dental plan, but it's nothing to write home about.
    They do offer a 401k plan but there's no sense in joining if your a tire tech.
    Its always interesting. Someone is always messing something up, breaking something, leaving lug nuts loose, driving cars into walls, getting fired.
    Every week you'll be meeting new people because someone else quit or was fired.

Cons

1) You WILL hurt your back / knees / shoulders. I guarantee it.
    2) Pay is not competitive with other jobs of the same caliber.
    3) Upper management does NOT care about tire techs.
    4) Management gets a monthly bonus. Sales get a monthly bonus. Alignment Techs get a monthly bonus. Tire techs get $8.50 an hour and no bonus.
    5) Very high turnover rate - if you do make it through your first month of employment, chances are you will get hurt or fired before the year is over.

No sense in writing this because they've been hearing it for years, but here it is for you to read...

Respect your employees. You always complain it's hard to find good workers. The reason is your not willing to pay for them. Give the tire techs a bonus program! We have absolutely NO incentive to work as hard as you expect us to. All day long its a constant battle between sales and tire techs. Sales trying to sell (obviously), and tire techs trying to come up with reasons why we can't work on this car, or why we cant put a tire on that truck. Why should the tire techs care? They get paid the same whether it's busy season and we change 120 tires a day, or if its the middle of summer and were watching TV in the air conditioning because all the customers are out having a picnic. Honestly, what would you rather do?

I worked at Dunn as a tire tech for 7 years. I got a raise in 2007 up to $9.50/hr. I never had a raise since then (its now 2011). I've seen so many employees come and go, they will pay you the least amount of money they can just to get you to show up to work. Then they will get rid of you one way or another if they find someone to do your job for less money.

One more word if your still reading... Take the good reviews on here with a grain of salt. I've never met anyone in my 7 years with Dunn who really enjoys their job.