Dura Automotive

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time for less than a year

Pros

OEM - TIER-1, Great Industry, Challenging; Yet all information is at hand if needed. Lot of Pros.

Cons

At times unrealistic expectations, which sucks the joy, and morale out of working. Especially when it is put on you, and underlying issues with Management.

For the people that can do their job, and an additional position take that into consideration. Provide achievable budgets, and maybe take cost away on entire program. Must be a way to do so, if budget is low on a single program, especially when the program is the "Benchmark" analysis is the base/ first of many programs. Thus, all others should have the R&D Budget still, and any future programs should have same design, assembly, and maybe material as the initial Study, Analysis, and Solution applied to any/all following programs.

Systems Engineer brings great solutions, no Credit Given. Management has major issues.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management does not know what is going on, they do not recognize good and valid solutions instead you are rewarded for being wrong,

Cons

They do things the cheap, and wrong way, opposed to the proper way. If you disagree with a concept, but management is locked onto it, you will be crucified, and fired. There are many more Cons than Pros. From an honest assessment.

Listen to the employees, because some of them have/had more care in the products than you. Also, we understand when you cannot be there, but there is no excuse for never being there, and not knowing what is going on.

Good company to work for in 3 years.

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to prove yourself.

Cons

Lack of upper management direction and leadership. Heavily relying on extensive written documentation than actual results.

Create equal resources for all plants

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company that needs to settle down and focus on execution more than org charts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Everyone is friendly and generally knows how to do their job. Company has grown quickly over the last few years and has a very bright future.

Cons

Constant organizational changes and poor communication makes everyone uncomfortable. Always wondering what is going to happen next makes for a lot of politics and distractions from getting the work done.

Communicate change better and decide on the company structure and stick with it.

Not a good place to work. No growth. No appreciation for hard work. Management does not keep commitments made while h

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a lazy guy and don’t have knowledge of engineering and automotive industry this is a good place for you. You can survive by just organizing meeting, talk about APQP and copy others inspirations. If you want to learn Microsoft office and Excel , You will get plenty of opportunity. Nice Park and a playground in the back to vent out your stress.

Cons

Don’t get fooled by the appearance of Neat and clean front office while you are called for interview. While interview the Hiring managers will picture the position you are getting interview to be more challenging, Innovative and exciting. They will walk you through a wall mounted with Patents explain that they want innovative individuals to be a part of a big team of Engineers. After you accept you will come to know that you are the only one in the team.
    Supervisor acts like a Jerk does not have any knowledge of Engineering. I was surprised to see the struggle in him to understand a simple force diagram. If you try to explain your supervisor that you have identified a potential design flaw, you will get a justification by a comparison with a totally different product in a different environment.

I was so inspired by the speech of the Owner and CEO forcing the importance of innovation and her call to the Lazy bumps to leave if they don’t want to innovative. She needs to spend little time to identify the lazy bumps and flush them out.

From riches to rags

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Dura Automotive full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, APQP and Stage Gate systems instructed and followed. Physical HQ location close to customer base.

Cons

Company had great potential and large portfolio of products but mis-management completely crashed the ship. Majority of North American facilities were closed and production moved to Mexico, significant quality decline as result. New ownership has potential to turn things around and improve, but years of zero investment in new products/research engineering has left the company with only basic commodity parts to sell to customers. Sad watching this company's potential go down the drain. Current employees all want out, but are afraid of the job market. Internal environment has become stagnant.

Fire yourselves! This company needs people with integrity that care about the actual company and product value and not perceived value of stock to stock holders. Product move to Mexico was smoke and mirrors, many items cost significanly more to produce there. This greatly improved the stock value for senior managers to sell out and profit, while actual company profit was severly impaired. Obviously this wasn't visible to investors until long after the upper management had taken their booty and run.

I enjoyed the organization but no room for growth

Former Employee - Corporate Accountant  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Corporate Accountant in Troy, MI

I worked at Dura Automotive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They were very communicative about issues that arose in the comany. They would take time to boast the moral in the office and everyone was friendly.

Cons

There was no room for growth. You got to a certain level and you were stuck, not able to achieve more.

Encourage your employees to improve and give opportunities to grow.

As a Temp I may have worked hard but I felt like it was worth it.

Former Employee - Temp  in  Fremont, MI
    Former Employee - Temp in Fremont, MI

I worked at Dura Automotive as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of work to be done, so you don't have to worry about job security. Management is good and as long as you show up and try to learn it is a nice place to work.

Cons

Big learning curve starting out. Hard work with little acknowledgement. Lots of standing in one spot and the job can get a bit boring.

Let people know if they are doing well.

Dura Automotive May be Stalled on Road to Recovery

Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst (Contract)  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst (Contract) in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Dura Automotive

Pros

I was a contract computer programmer and ERP specialist (QAD Mfg/Pro is their ERP platform). I was somewhat instrumental in working them through the bankruptcy process. As a contract person, and not a permanent employee, I was still made to feel part of the decision making team, pulled into many high-level meetings etc. It was an exciting place to work as we worked our way through the bankruptcy process. My contract was ended just as the new chief was brought in.

Cons

Automotive is not the best space to be in right now.

Work more agressively to continue cutting costs. No matter whatt you are told, you have just begun. IT can be cut in half with carefully selected outsourcing at greatly reduced costs. Plants can be further consolidated. Get more agressive with pricing and insisting on past years (2000 and forward) material cost recovery from customers. Avoid making huge investments that are not required such as the new engineering software. Many of the proposed benefits can be achieved with enhancements to and integration of existing systems.

It is a good automotive MNC company, Which all facilities are available.

I have been working at Dura Automotive full-time

Pros

It is a good automotive MNC company, Which all facilities are available.

Learn more things than other company Due to it's a MNC company....

Cons

As I am working at DURA I am not FACE any downside...

No, thanks...

Worked for Dura Automotive? Contribute to the Community!