Durham School Services

Add Photos

David Duke

Good Job for seasonal work

School Bus Driver (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsGood job for seasonal wok, good hours, and pay.The upper management treated you well. and the CDL training was a very good for future driving possibilities.

ConsCo-workers were not very supportive and did not take the job seriously. Too much controversy and no team work

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct better interviewing process, have regular meetings to discuss job issues and give more training on how to handle difficult situations that my arise

Dispatcher

Dispatcher (Former Employee) Holyoke, MA

ProsFlexible schedule
    Office environment small ratio
    Great pay
    Obtain CDL licensing through company

ConsUnion workers are rude your every move
    Poor management from the head manager
    Disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action and do your roll
    I left the company when I saw the lack of management and pooor work ethics.

Safety Should Always Come First

School Bus Driver (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsP/T hrs, split shifts, consistent support from town's Director of Transportation, high hourly rate, current training literature/media

ConsInconsistency following safety regulations, company charged with labor violations against current employees, company discourages union supporters, no union

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees work hard each day transporting children safely and staying accident free in all types of challenging situations. Please consider acknowledging them with more than an occasional lapel pin at the end of the year pot luck picnic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, learn a lot they have a lot of routes

School Bus Driver (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat , for training you can learn a lot and develop customer service skills and trip planning skills

ConsGood Routes some of them are too long and some of the Attendant don't practice team work

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote hiring within and back up your drivers more

Would be nice if upper management could step up

School Bus Driver (Current Employee)

ProsEnjoy most of the people I work with, flexible hours, opportunity to gain extra hours, vacation time

ConsWhile most of us care about our jobs and what we represent there are a small few that don't, and ruin it for others. The amount of money we receive hourly for the responsibilities of our job is not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat to do.... 1. Breaking company policy again and again. 2. Continues to put employes, the public, especially the children, at risk due to numerous safety violations. 3. Behavior and conduct that is offensive and unprofessional. 4. Destroys company property out of anger. 5. Wears clothing that best suits street walkers. 6. Cell phone use while on the bus at any given time. 7. Negative about the company which carries onto new or potential employees. 8. Complaints filed against an employee from parents, public and school. This is a small list of what many of the employees are concerned with and we believe it's time to step up and do something about this.

rewarding in so many ways, but stressful in other ways

School Bus Driver (Current Employee) Grandview, MO

Prosinteraction with lots of people. you get to wear a lot of hats where this job is concerned!

ConsOn the administrative side you get tired of your pay not being right among other things

Advice to Senior Managementworry more about your employees than your money

Current Employee

ProsBus drivers are paid well

Consno cons to desctibe great company

Not Valued as an Asset to the company--Told "I can hire ten more of you next week."

School Bus Driver (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsFlexible hours. Some kids are great. School staff seem supportive of Drivers. Good Maintenace program.

ConsShitty attitude, can't keep employees(high turnover), The company is more responsive to the school district than to their own employees, you get no backing from the district or the company with discipline problems. Company is slow to respond to calls for assistance. We always get told"Employ your student management techniques."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've almost burnt through your pool of employees. You can't keep importing drivers from other locations. Either back your employees or be prepared to drive the buses yourselves. When I take a sick day, I'm probably sick. Don't try to call me and guilt me into coming in the afternoon. Oh, AND TELL EMPLOYEES HOW TO GET PAID FOR SICK DAYS, YOU CHEAP PENNY PINCHING MORONS.

Enjoy the outdoors and the company of youth while getting paid

School Bus Driver (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsI can take my children to work and have the holidays off with them! Schedules are very flexible. Work outdoors.

ConsThe buses didn't have ac.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn incentive for the employees to get and be healthy would benefit the company's morale and turnover.

THE MOST REWARDING JOB

Bus Monitor (Former Employee) Rockwall, TX

ProsIt was local close to home.And rewarding to work with handicap children.

ConsI don't have any.I enloyed working with everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more involved in how well the employee job is going.

Worked for Durham School Services? Contribute to the Community!