DvF

Updated February 7, 2015
Updated February 7, 2015
3.3

Joel Horowitz

The clothes were extraordinarily beautiful.

I worked at DvF full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learning about a high-fashion brand. Getting to model the clothing. Meeting interesting people from all over the world.

Cons

The management was corrupt. The hours weren't great.

Domestic RTW Wholesale Intern

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at DvF full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time here. Everyone in the office was so nice and actually knew my name. The internship program was changed to a paid internship when I got there so that was ideal! I experienced two market weeks and got to do all kinds of fun errands, work with powerpoint and excel, work in the Showroom, and work with samples.

Cons

I never got to sit in on meetings and legitimately see what each person does daily.

My first step into a vibrant design studio

Former Intern - Design/Production in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Design/Production in New York, NY

I worked at DvF as an intern

Pros

Very dynamic and creative environment and people to work with.

Cons

After my internship had to go back to school.

The perception of DVF and her brand and the actual experience are completely opposite. Very disappointing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DvF

Pros

Clothing allowance was a perk.

Cons

Company values, lack of communication, lack of transparency and corporate culture made it difficult to work there. Very disappointing as DVF promotes empowering women and her own organization does not do such.

Boring for interns

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at DvF as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

they allow you to use the discount in store and many of the girls were nice and relatable

Cons

as an intern there isn't much to do they give you a lot of busy work that is silly

give jobs to interns to make the feel useful-- like they traveled all the way into the city to be at work at 9 am for a reason

All that glitter isn't gold

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at DvF part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee monthly uniform and employee discount

Cons

DvF doesn't pay what an experience employee is worth. Management was unprofessional . Mean girl staff( expect 2 co-workers) . I wasn't trained adequately , unorganized , over worked ( I often stayed over my scheduled time ). The company is too cheap to hire security, so when something was stolen; it was the staff fault. In short, it was not a good work experience. I didn't feel welcome by the staff. They where cold towards me, one manager constantly nitpicked on me. I voiced my feelings and experience to the store manager. She let me go after 3 months. She told me " YOU ARE NOT THE RIGHT FIT FOR THE STORE". I asked her to explain what she meant. She said " Oh, it's so many things". The manager who was nitpicking probably made up lies about me. She didn't like me. She wasn't nice towards me. She was very FAKE. I wasn't disappointed when I was let go. I was relieved. I thought it would be a fabulous play to work. But, the beautiful clothing was just masking the ugliness inside the boutique. We got a clothing allowance once a month. Corporates choose the attire for the month. The managers pick out what they want you to wear. After trying the outfits on for management. They ask if you (we) like the outfits. The manager who wasn't nice to me often chose the most unflattering outfits for me to wear. Meanwhile, management choice the best attire for themselves . I'm so happy I don't work at DVF anymore : D

Listen to employees when they have a complaint. Don't always take managers words for face value. Pay the employees what they are worth. Respect employees time. If they are scheduled to work 11:30 to 8. Let them leave at their appointed time. Properly train the staff. Get a new computer system. The computer/register kept crashing.

Overall great experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at DvF as an intern

Pros

Great environment (right off of highline park, lots of windows with light streaming in), Friendly people, Casual workplace but fashionable

Cons

Didn't really feel like I gained personal growth in the company as an intern but supervisor was definitely helpful by giving feedback

Definitely have some sort of internship program. Introduce interns to other interns, maybe an introduction from the start explaining how the company came to be, its missions and goals, future opportunities for a career in DVF, etc.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at DvF full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone knows their role and acts accordingly to benefit the team.

Cons

Inter-Department politics can be brought down on intern instead of dealt with between departments.

Family like environment

Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at DvF full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clothing allowance, cool people, summer Fridays

Cons

There can be really Long hours during market

hands on

Former Intern - Embellishment Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Embellishment Intern in New York, NY

I worked at DvF as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

worked directly with the designers who were very nice, got to make samples that were went to china, clothing allowance, and $20 stipend.

Cons

a lot of running arround, sometimes disorganized, long hours

don't hold onto the interns for no reason. If there is only a little bit of work that can be done the next day let them do it the next day.