Dwellworks

Bob Rosing

Good company, great culture

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, approachable management and leadership team. The company I was at before coming here had an 'executive hallway' where the C-level offices were located... and no one else went there. Complete opposite here - the CEO and CFO walk around here, talk to people as they're getting coffee and even know most people's names. That sets a mood for the company overall. Seems to have good growth potential for positions, and there are opportunities to get involved outside of my position in different committees. Also have an online training system to learn new skills or brush up on old ones (software and soft skills like management, customer service, etc.).

Cons

Driving downtown is a pain (but once you're down here it's fun).

Time off policy is good. I think they should make people take days off, because some people just don't take them - and everyone needs a break! Would like it if they could explore more flex time, or work from home options. Like some businesses do in downtown - offer working from home one day a week - save on gas, parking, and an extra hour in round trip commute time each day.

Hard work, but satisfying

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are great, even the Directors are always willing to help you. Most of the home owners I work with are great. I feel like I can advance and grow in this company. The benefits are great too!

Cons

Training was very vague. A lot of what I learned came from being thrown into a situation.

Develop the training program better.

Be careful.....

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dwellworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

relaxed environment, great coworkers, interesting work that allows you to help others

Cons

lack of clear direction of the company, often direction is given then changed the same day, Too much turnover for a company this size. Closed offices in US cities this year. Senior management seems to be more interested in the "cool" factor of the business.

Develop realistic business plans that will sustain the business. A growing company should not be closing offices and laying off people while attempting to expand globally.

Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Dwellworks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun and Interesting work. I enjoy helping people acclimate to their new location.

Cons

Can go long periods of time in between clients.

A great company!

I have been working at Dwellworks

Pros

Flexible, great benefits, lots of vacation, supportive staff, the people all genuinely care

Cons

Pay is not the most competitive - but the flexibility, vacation, and having a good boss make the work very satisfying.

Keep listening to your customers and empowering young leaders within the company.

The best job I have ever had.

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time

Pros

I like the people at Dwellworks. The employees are smart and caring people who work very well together. We are busy and work hard, but we have fun at the same time. Management is approachable and care about their teams. Overall the company is great to work for.

Cons

Things can get busy and hectic. It is a very fast paced environment and the company has very high expectations for service.

Property Manager

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, especially paid time off.

Cons

Management was terrible: unprofessional, not transparent, played favorite with employees.

Be more transparent, give everyone an equal shot.

Solid Internship

Former Employee - Destination Services in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Destination Services in McLean, VA

I worked at Dwellworks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very nice people and highly structured internship program. I learned a lot and was given opportunities to take control of a few important projects

Cons

High turnover. During the four months of my internship, at least three people left. Partially because people are using it as a starter job, partially because there're not a whole lot of growth potential.

Middle of the road.

I worked at Dwellworks full-time

Pros

Light workload, great benefits, tremendous culture.

Cons

Management, limited career opportunities, lack of learning opportunities.

Create opportunities for employee growth.

I love working for this company....however

I have been working at Dwellworks

Pros

Flexibility in working when you want to, great communication between account managers and consultants in the field, meet very interesting people from different countries,

Cons

Working as a consultant does not make you feel like you are a valuable asset to the company. Makes you feel you are looking in from the outside because you do not have the benefit of building relationships with the permanent employees. Being paid for services on time is impossible. You can make good money by working hard but you will work harder getting your paycheck. It's a good company to work for to supplement your income but if you are looking to make a full-time career out of being a 1099 consultant in the field the company could care less about you getting your commission on time.

Pay your consultants in the field on time. When they are paid every 30 days it cannot be a difficult task for payroll to have that check cut and out the door in time to support their family. Setting consultants up on direct deposit would eliminate this problem. Management does not spend enough time in the field with consultants so that they can understand the challenges we have with being paid and making us feel a apart of the team.