Dwellworks Reviews

Bob Rosing

Destination Service Consultant

Current Employee - Dsc in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Dsc in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Dwellworks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, meet interesting new clients all the time, autonomy in managing your caseload

Cons

delay of payment once billed. Sometimes takes over 45 days to get paid after program is completed and billed.

2. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Dwellworks

Pros

it's a good stepping stone if you want to stay in this industry. Executive management is great. Bob and Gene, specifically,

Cons

There was a big communication block from the upper management to the worker bees in my office. Great ideas, but not enough manhours to really implement them because the worker bees were already stretched too thin to properly implement. Executive management turned a blind eye when there were upper management issues in my office, which led to several people leaving and the office shutting down.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to only the "in the spotlight" employees. They're vying to get to the next level and will say anything to get there Perhaps you should look at the non-squeaky ones who aren't being asked for their feedback. And then support them. Without this support, you wll not have a solid base to continue to grow.

3. International Manager of Destination Services

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and fun environment

Cons

Salary = pathetic for the work Leadership makes a lot of promises and is always preaching patience REALLY stressful Long hours Summer is the busy season! Cost of living increases are marketed as performances increases. Don't expect more than a 3% increase to your salary. Bonus's are not worth getting excited over.

Advice to Management

Start paying employees what they are worth or you will continue to see a mass exodus of talent. Talent won't work in the 30's and low 40's for more than a year or two. Bonus' and performances increases need to be good enough for people to work hard for them. Instead, everyone ends up disappointed around Christmas time.

5. Property Manager Coordinator

I worked at Dwellworks

Pros

Great coworkers, fun office to work for. I loved going into work everyday. This was a very busy office. I wish they didn't have to close the office.

Cons

Everyone was overloaded with work. I loved what I did, there just wasn't enough time in the day to finish everything unless you stayed several hours extra most days.

6. Relocation Services

I worked at Dwellworks

Pros

Work from home Ease of making schedule

Cons

Lack of staff support not all. In all instances you will find someone who just only cares about getting a check and not the support of the contractor

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

7. Good place to build experience

I worked at Dwellworks

Pros

Flexibility, vacation package, nice people, interesting work, solid learning opportunities

Cons

Pay is extremely low and upward growth is nearly impossible. Management works in offices and is very disconnected to people who do the work, hires people but doesn't make any announcements until the day of or day before, high pressure, very secretive about decisions and they never involve the people who will be impacted.

Advice to Management

A focus on career development may improve turnover. Develop a better communication program so people don't feel in the dark on what is going on and what changes are ahead

8. Nice Entry Level Position

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, very generous with vacation time. Casual, laid back office. Great group of teammates. Opportunity to work independently. Does not affect work/life balance much.

Cons

Does not seem to be much opportunity for growth. Management does not properly address turn over. Oftentimes behind in hiring, which leads to heavy work load for existing team.

9. Good company, great culture

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, approachable management and leadership team. The company I was at before coming here had an 'executive hallway' where the C-level offices were located... and no one else went there. Complete opposite here - the CEO and CFO walk around here, talk to people as they're getting coffee and even know most people's names. That sets a mood for the company overall. Seems to have good growth potential for positions, and there are opportunities to get involved outside of my position in different committees. Also have an online training system to learn new skills or brush up on old ones (software and soft skills like management, customer service, etc.).

Cons

Driving downtown is a pain (but once you're down here it's fun).

Advice to Management

Time off policy is good. I think they should make people take days off, because some people just don't take them - and everyone needs a break! Would like it if they could explore more flex time, or work from home options. Like some businesses do in downtown - offer working from home one day a week - save on gas, parking, and an extra hour in round trip commute time each day.

10. Hard work, but satisfying

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dwellworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are great, even the Directors are always willing to help you. Most of the home owners I work with are great. I feel like I can advance and grow in this company. The benefits are great too!

Cons

Training was very vague. A lot of what I learned came from being thrown into a situation.

Advice to Management

Develop the training program better.

11. Be careful.....

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dwellworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

relaxed environment, great coworkers, interesting work that allows you to help others

Cons

lack of clear direction of the company, often direction is given then changed the same day, Too much turnover for a company this size. Closed offices in US cities this year. Senior management seems to be more interested in the "cool" factor of the business.

Advice to Management

Develop realistic business plans that will sustain the business. A growing company should not be closing offices and laying off people while attempting to expand globally.

RSS Feed </> Embed