Dyax

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dyax President, CEO, and Director Gustav A. Christensen

Gustav A. Christensen

Dyax is a good place to work.

Scientist I (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Dyax

ProsThe company's culture is very good. Every year employees make a lot donation to charities.

ConsLayoff happened since 3 years ago.

Very positive overall-- worked with some excellent people.

Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at Dyax

ProsI worked in a group that had a lot of freedom to explore new technologies and bring in the nest tools. Easy to get the tools I needed to do my job effectively. Good work was frequently rewarded.

ConsA second group I worked in had several leaders who disagreed about everything. The politics in that group were just ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure I have any useful advice for the management. I did find it frustrating that the interpersonal relations of the people in one team I worked on seemed to work against getting the job done most efficiently and effectively.

A smaller but dynamic company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dyax

ProsBecause it's not one of the larger biotechs, it can be more nimble making decisions (less red tape) and can be more aggressive in its hiring and retention practices. Compensation always seemed slightly higher than the norm in general. Professional yet not stuffy environment. Casual Fridays. Pay Day parties in the office at least once a month with beer/wine/catering brought in. Because of its size (around 200 people, give or take) you get to know people well. A lot of young staff - often hang out together outside of the office. Even older staff are embraced and appreciated for their contributions. Competitive benefits package. Mission driven company.

ConsAgain because of its size and relatively young staff, it can occasionally get clique-y, but never in a harsh way where anyone would feel unduly excluded. Inevitable office politics that can crop up in smaller circles. Some would say favoritism by managers would occasionally come into play. Scientists and business staff work on different floors so you have to make an effort to get to know people in the other teams/departments - there's not a lot of natural cross-pollination.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value the great staff you have working for you, especially following the layoff last year. It was a great gesture to recognize those who were laid off.

Far from Being the Top 100 Places to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dyax

ProsGood community of people and the benefits were very competitive considering the size of the company. The company had some good perks like free public transportation and compensation for gym membership (not available anymore). The company encourage community charity work and this brought everyone from different departments together.

ConsThe company years ago before the present CEO was a very different culture compared to now. It was a real fun place to work for and people didn't mine working late because we were treated well. The morale was excellent, which is why the company were voted "The Top 100 Places to Work". But, all that has change significantly because of the incompetence of senior management has decrease employee's morale and the retention of their employees.

Worked for Dyax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dyax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dyax CEO Gustav A. Christensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Dyax employees.