Dylan's Candy BAR

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dylan Lauren

Fun, delicious and exciting!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a fun and happy environment. Flexibility with schedule and an ever changing environment. It was really hard to be bored which is great!

ConsManagement is clicky and stands around more than work. Most of their day is spent sitting in the office hanging out with other managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually lead by example. If you are just hanging out all day but we aren't allowed to show us how it is done.

It's a good bridge job for those starting out

Greeter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Co-Workers, Nice customers, employee discount is nice

ConsDisorganized, no perks, there have been budget cuts lately so less hours, not 100% flexible

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be a little more organized.

Great experience but low compensation

Copywriting Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe creative director was amazing to work under. Even though I was an intern, I felt that I got to work on projects that actually mattered and that my supervisor really valued me beyond just the usual administrative intern work.

There's a great energy in the creative department (although I can't speak for other departments) and I felt like I learned a lot about a small company from spending the summer working for Dylan's.

There was also a summer intern project that allowed you to collaborate with interns from other departments and create something together. It was fun meeting the other interns and working with them.

There was also an option to work at the store on Friday's to make some money, but I had a second job so didn't take advantage of that opportunity.

ConsI think my biggest issue with the internship was the low compensation, or really lack of compensation. I was not getting the internship for credit, nor was I being paid. I worked there four full days per week. Fortunately my department was worth it because I learned so much from the creative director, whom I still have a relationship with, but I do think that the internship should offer some compensation, beyond the free candy you get from the office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people

Buying Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorked in the corporate office, not the store on the floor. The people at the office are nice and friendly. There are other interns there as well that make it more comfortable.

ConsThe summer internship was only paid $200 a week. Counting the hours, it was pretty much 7.25 an hour. The pay could at least be 9.00.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive interns more work that is influential.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosvery lively environment to work in, working in different areas of the store at any given time and day, good pay, they also treat the employees very well during busy seasons by buying lunch for the employees.

Consoff of the busy times it is very slow. Products are expensive so you hear a lot of complaints from customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more.

Fantastic Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCustomer Service is a very good

ConsStore needs a makeover right away

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to listen, listen to learn, always remember your team is your biggest best asset

Not the sweet life it claims to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat co-workers, lively offices in certain circumstances.

ConsUpper management cannot run business efficiently. The president takes advantage of employees and the culture responds to keeping the CEO out of all business affairs. We were told never to tell the CEO how much something costs and to lie on budget reports so the CEO wouldn't find out. HR was worse, having been notified by many employees of the presidents tirades but she was fearful of her own job and didn't speak up. Great co-workers but poorly run company.

Unorganized mess that has no processes nor procedures

ProsCandy and creativity are two of the pros working here

ConsThis company is founded as a person's hobby, not a true business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to rebuild the city, you must destroy it.

work is great but the company culture sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosoccasional free candy around the office.

ConsNo growth within company, no raises for good work, not as creative as it could be, benefits aren't great, no days off on some holidays (working on xmas eve) unorganized, and no structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

had to knife and stab my way to the top

Supervisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun environment, tons of candy, great co workers

Constoo expensive to sell, favoritism, unorganized,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe products sell because of the location and who the owner is but this place would be a 100 times better if there was better management. The management has favorites and only the favorites get any recognition or promotions. You could be a terrible sales person or the laziest person however if you are a favorite then no one can touch you. Also, the environment is like high school. Its a popularity contest and there is way too much high school drama. Also, management does not take care of things like sexual harassment. I was a favorite and I have seen things from the inside and they are not pretty.

Worked for Dylan's Candy BAR? Contribute to the Community!