DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promoting employees to management with no management experience, overall arrogance of upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Crappy living conditions and horrible pay for Afghanistan (the lowest I've seen)"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

OK

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros- You can make a lot of money, if you are at the management levels
- The people, who are not in management, are very fun to be around
- Great location

Cons- Managers are entrenched in their positions for years
- The company doesn't value their employees like most large companies
- It's a contracts business and you take the ups and downs with it

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at other companies and see how low your reputation is comparatively, with regards to employee satisfaction.

Proposal developer

Proposal Writer (Former Employee)
Falls Church, VA

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

ProsYou do get paid for the hours you sit there.

ConsThey are so stuck in the past! Needless to say, there is a terrific amount of turnover in their proposal group.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessen the pressure to get a response done and more time working on quality.

DynCorp Review

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of opportunity for improvement with very manual processes. Strong former military component providing good opportunities for veterans.

ConsVery manual processes without realistic strategic plans for improvement. Changes within last two years have resulted in loss of employees with historical experience and new leadership has shown no interest in learning from former leadership - very little in depth knowledge left for government audit issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives do not follow through on support of process improvements so internal political jockeying stymies ability for organizations to implement changes and improve. DI leadership promotes DI 'STAR' but does not 'walk the talk'.

DynCorp is a marginal company at best

I worked at DynCorp International

ProsDyncorp offers an introductory experience to new contractors that have never worked overseas. So if you need to get in the door this is the place

ConsDynCorp was a marginal company at best, but I worked a contractor overseas. Their stateside jobs may be a better representation of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of what is going on overseas as it is representative of the company.

Best job I've had outside of the Air Force.

Egress Systems Specialist (Former Employee)
Sheppard AFB, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat pay and benefits, caring supervisors, great people

ConsSometimes have to work in extreme weather conditions or in a noise hazardous area

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. They have lots of great ideas that could make the company even better.

DynCorp Employment Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat opportunity for prior military personnel and government employees to find contract opportunities or work as an employee. Good for promotion if you have your college education. Good way to gain experience in the defense contracting industry.

ConsDynCorp is the epitome of fast-paced environment. Work processes are constantly changing without giving employees chance to adapt. It's a 24 hr around the clock organization and it demands employees to have the mindset. It's not a work-life balanced organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve on communication skills with team and seek to groom new leaders who are capable of making a beneficial future impact.

Excellent pay, safe, but 600$ insurances and horrible work enviroment.

General Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee)
Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros20+ dollars an hour with excellent chances for overtime. steady hours. Government holidays off.

ConsNo chance for growth, management is handpicked and employee complaints are swept under the table. Under performing repair teams get more pay through extra overtime to avoid red lining. Stellar employees are ordered to assist bad ones and receive less pay because they finish thier tasks. performance has no reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementDyncorp corporate needs to get in touch with thier contract teams and fix this problem that allows underperforming teams to gain more pay than stellar ones.

It's okay, it's your typical office job

I have been working at DynCorp International

ProsThe people are great. It really depends on who you work under

ConsEmployee moral is extremely low

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should really interact more with employees

Six of one & half-dozen of the other

Security (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive pay. Truly dedicated employees. 401k is the best. Medical benefits ok but expensive and lacking choices. Great missions.

ConsCut-throat management. High turnover in security & IT. Phony social contract from management. Lots of unethical management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut ethics above your precious six-sigma. Take a good look at upper management. Shift focus from "squeezing ever drop of blood you can from a turnip" to "serious national security." Know this: When the employment market shifts from employer's market to employee's market, your company is in some serious trouble.

I worked DOS Contract

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor

ProsYou get out of it what you put into it

ConsNothing negative to say about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to allow mid management to do their jobs

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 249 reviews posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.