DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay even though you are in a war zone"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "To be expected) Upper management was not as affected though"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company, great opportunities

Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsFocus on leadership and learning provide great opportunities for people who are intellectually curious. Diversification that the company has seen in the last several years - into commercial/international - is an exciting shift for a company that has traditionally been U.S. government-focused.

ConsThe government services industry faces significant challenges given U.S. government budget constraints that will likely impact any company in the space.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value employees and focus on improving the culture of the company.

Over all an enjoyable experince, Good pofessional exposure and healthy team envirement.

Waiter (Former Employee)
    Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

ProsGood salary and Good pofessional exposure and healthy team envirement.

Consfor me the time of work was very hard

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to maintain the food cost i saw they are waste lots of food

In one year i have done with Dyncorp Int'l ,i have experienced alot in afghanistan especially in lifestyle

Carpenter (Current Employee)
    Kandahar (Afghanistan)

Prosi have gained a lot in field ,And experience in life

Conssome of supervisors are soo mean
    to kenyans

Advice to Senior Managementcheck and take a close look to these supervisors

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

Director (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsThe CEO was the first person I met on my first day--he presented at orientation for a couple of hours. The office was closing early due to dangerous weather and, yet, there he was. I was immediately impressed by Steve Gaffney and the company and every day I work here, I firmly believe this company lives its values. The people in the office are friendly. The online employee tools (training, policies & procedures, time tracking, expense reports, HR, etc.) are excellent. The newsletters are informative. I work with very smart people, the work is engaging, and I feel like management really cares about me. My management team (not just my immediate manager, but all the way up) meets with me to discuss my level of job satisfaction. I don't feel like a number here--I feel like a human being. The corporate growth strategy appears to be well aligned with the needs of the market and the work reflects a genuine interest and commitment to being successful.

ConsIt's just a shame more companies don't operate this way. I don't have anything negative to say about DI.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Very Good

Power Generation Fore Man/Mhe Fore Man (Former Employee)
    Kandahar (Afghanistan)

ProsIt has been Great working with the Company for the last three year and more so serving this wonderful men & women of US forces

ConsThe only one things I have to say about the company dosen't pay ,danger pay

Advice to Senior Managementwrong salary scale for employees

I love working with Dyncorp International Its very nice and very satisfied base on my experience.

Security Guard, ROWPU Operator (Former Employee)
    Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsThe best reason I worked with Dyncorp, I like there rules and safety I like also there management and very satisfied with my salary.

ConsI have no comment with dyncorp International.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to advice base on my experience.

best

Air Cargo Handler (Current Employee)
    Kandahar (Afghanistan)

Prosthis company makes work more easier

Consnothing every thing is good

Advice to Senior Managementthey r best

Fuel Distribution Systems Operator

Fuel Distribution Systems Operator (Current Employee)
    Spīn Bōldak (Afghanistan)

ProsDyncorp is a good company, provied all safety rules and regulations to save employees life.

Consgood leaving condition and good house keeping and good Environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks to Dyncorp Management they take care for all employees as a one Family.

Five years in the land of career opportunity, rewarding challenge and a values-based culture.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsDI has a values-based culture with leadership who walk the talk. Lots of opportunity and upward mobility for those who are willing to work hard. Supporting our nation in its endeavors around the world is a huge plus.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge for many. But the work is incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to enforce values with leadership around the world and hold those accountable whose performance may be strong but whose behaviors are lacking.

We hold you all in high esteem.

Also, consider a formal telecommuting program or 9/80's for employees who are giving much of their personal time to help the company succeed. Averaging 50 hours of work a week equates to an employee giving the company an extra 65 days of service. Something formal would be especially important to lower level employees who receive no additional incentive.

folklift oparator of 6k, 8k and 10k

Folklift Oparator (Current Employee)
    Herat (Afghanistan)

ProsThe folklift are in good condition and safty is the most important thing in this company. also we are all equal no discrimanation

ConsIs good company i like it

Advice to Senior ManagementSafty first

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 306 reviews posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.