DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promoting employees to management with no management experience, overall arrogance of upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Crappy living conditions and horrible pay for Afghanistan (the lowest I've seen)"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place for retirees

Accountant (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsWork/life balance is amazing. Frequently work less than 40 hour work weeks. A lot of holiday and vacation time... start with 17 days of vacation per year and get the whole week of christmas off.

ConsBelow average pay, lack of advancement opportunities. HR will not approve promotions if you do not meet minimum experience requirements even if hiring manager wishes to promote you.

do it if your desperate

Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee)
Kandahar (Iran)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Prostravel, meet some descent people

Consno advancement based on performance, pay, no rotation to come home on a regular basis. no bonuses,

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your people, be humble, know your limitations, Listen to your people

DynCorp Review

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of opportunity for improvement with very manual processes. Strong former military component providing good opportunities for veterans.

ConsVery manual processes without realistic strategic plans for improvement. Changes within last two years have resulted in loss of employees with historical experience and new leadership has shown no interest in learning from former leadership - very little in depth knowledge left for government audit issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives do not follow through on support of process improvements so internal political jockeying stymies ability for organizations to implement changes and improve. DI leadership promotes DI 'STAR' but does not 'walk the talk'.

Saudi Job

Contract Specialist (Former Employee)
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsPaid folks on time which was good

ConsPaid federal and state taxes but was denied unemployment benefits when returned to US.

Advice to Senior Managementget a better Saudi project manager

Planned wrong

Cargo Handler, Air Craft Load Planner (Former Employee)
Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsGood infrastructure, World wide, many opportunities

ConsYou can easily become just a number. A lot of inexperienced lower and mid level management. Low ball on pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave them at least complete a training course before taking the position. Also would be a good idea to have manager over personnel that can actually do the job of there staff.

PEER CHALLENGING

PROPERTY SPECIALIST (Current Employee)
Kandahar (Iran)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

ProsHAS A STEADY INCOME DUE TO LONGIVITY OF CURRENT CONTRACT

ConsDUE TO LACK OF PROPER MANAGEMENT, THE JOB CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING.

Advice to Senior ManagementBE TRUE TO THE KNOWLEDGE SO YOUR EMPLOYEES CAN BE THE VERY BEST THEY CAN BE

Excellent pay, safe, but 600$ insurances and horrible work enviroment.

General Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros20+ dollars an hour with excellent chances for overtime. steady hours. Government holidays off.

ConsNo chance for growth, management is handpicked and employee complaints are swept under the table. Under performing repair teams get more pay through extra overtime to avoid red lining. Stellar employees are ordered to assist bad ones and receive less pay because they finish thier tasks. performance has no reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementDyncorp corporate needs to get in touch with thier contract teams and fix this problem that allows underperforming teams to gain more pay than stellar ones.

Greed by the leadership team at the expense of the employees.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEmployees committed for achieving mission for love of country not company.

ConsLeadership disconnected from the people, making millions at the expense of the people. Value system is no more than wall paper. No big wins especially to replace expiring contracts. Limited growth opportunities for employees, but most importantly layoffs in the future particularly with the war coming to an end. Company invested in the international development and intel fields but with poor results. The original aviation space seems to be the only stable area for now. Leadership is arrogant and communicates rarely and poorly with the people. Employees not loyal. No question bumpy ride regardless of the course with current leadership. Company probably be"for sale" sometime soon if not already. Company thrives on wars and with the war ending, company's future looks bleak.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace leadership and get competent, unselfish and humble leaders with bigger and bolder ideas to run the company.

Good paying job nothing else

AH64D Electrician (Current Employee)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay everything else is down the drain

ConsMilitary mentally and poorly run aircraft maintenance

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone with equal respect

Job Discription not accurate and PM will not acknowledge changes is needeed.

Suppply Techni (Current Employee)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSite managers and hourly employees are hard working individuals.

ConsThere is minimum pay standards and no raises in 10 years on this contract other than COL.

Advice to Senior ManagementJob discriptions should correspond with actual job duties.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 248 reviews posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.