DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

DynCorp International Reviews in Falls Church, VA

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Proposal developer

Proposal Writer (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsYou do get paid for the hours you sit there.

ConsThey are so stuck in the past! Needless to say, there is a terrific amount of turnover in their proposal group.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessen the pressure to get a response done and more time working on quality.

Wonderful place to work

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsGreat growth opportunities at all levels

ConsNone so far - been here 3 months

Great company, great opportunities

Manager (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsFocus on leadership and learning provide great opportunities for people who are intellectually curious. Diversification that the company has seen in the last several years - into commercial/international - is an exciting shift for a company that has traditionally been U.S. government-focused.

ConsThe government services industry faces significant challenges given U.S. government budget constraints that will likely impact any company in the space.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value employees and focus on improving the culture of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

Director (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsThe CEO was the first person I met on my first day--he presented at orientation for a couple of hours. The office was closing early due to dangerous weather and, yet, there he was. I was immediately impressed by Steve Gaffney and the company and every day I work here, I firmly believe this company lives its values. The people in the office are friendly. The online employee tools (training, policies & procedures, time tracking, expense reports, HR, etc.) are excellent. The newsletters are informative. I work with very smart people, the work is engaging, and I feel like management really cares about me. My management team (not just my immediate manager, but all the way up) meets with me to discuss my level of job satisfaction. I don't feel like a number here--I feel like a human being. The corporate growth strategy appears to be well aligned with the needs of the market and the work reflects a genuine interest and commitment to being successful.

ConsIt's just a shame more companies don't operate this way. I don't have anything negative to say about DI.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

DynCorp Human Resources

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsDynCorp employees proactive, smart people who are a pleasure to work with in its office environment. The managers have a large network of resources and are constantly training to improve their job skills.

ConsTravel is a must. Most jobs require light to heavy travel including overseas where many of their contracts are.

Five years in the land of career opportunity, rewarding challenge and a values-based culture.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsDI has a values-based culture with leadership who walk the talk. Lots of opportunity and upward mobility for those who are willing to work hard. Supporting our nation in its endeavors around the world is a huge plus.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge for many. But the work is incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to enforce values with leadership around the world and hold those accountable whose performance may be strong but whose behaviors are lacking.

We hold you all in high esteem.

Also, consider a formal telecommuting program or 9/80's for employees who are giving much of their personal time to help the company succeed. Averaging 50 hours of work a week equates to an employee giving the company an extra 65 days of service. Something formal would be especially important to lower level employees who receive no additional incentive.

Good but Unstable - Uneven Employee Experiences - Both Good and Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsGenerally, the employees are dedicated and turely interested in doing the right thing. Excellent vacation time, very good benefits, good location and facilities. (The covered parking is great.)

ConsUnstable -- multiple headquarters lay-offs, triggered by the arrival of new CEOs. Also, frequent changes in policies and procedures, with uneven application across the corporation. This creates waste. Despite management's best efforts, to reward performance, the employees who succeed are too often their manager's favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo little of the management philosophy is actually applied day-to-day. Look into how employees are treated and the human impact of your decisions. You may be surprised at what you find.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!