DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

DynCorp International Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 11, 2014

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Pathetic Excuses for Leadership, Zero Ethics, No hope for the future

Middle Management (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe company hires some of the best talent in the industry, so they definitely know how to spot and recruit talent. They also tend to pay very well, to a degree.

ConsHowever, after hire, the company treats its employees so poorly that they cannot stay. The best employees are replaced by the boss's entourage from other companies. There is ubiquitous and well-posted Social Contract that is absolutely not followed by anyone above the position of Director. The respect is all faked (lots of "Sir" and "Ma'am") but there is no cooperation between heavily-siloed departments and open contempt from senior leadership for the middle managers and employees. The management style is by threats and intimidation. So-called Management Incentive Pay is held hostage for Yes-men only and can be withheld on a whim or to get someone to resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget the sideways, used-up retired generals and bring some real business leaders in there. Take ethics complaints seriously, instead of retaliating and then sweeping the complaints under the rug.

Greed by the leadership team at the expense of the employees.

Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsEmployees committed for achieving mission for love of country not company.

ConsLeadership disconnected from the people, making millions at the expense of the people. Value system is no more than wall paper. No big wins especially to replace expiring contracts. Limited growth opportunities for employees, but most importantly layoffs in the future particularly with the war coming to an end. Company invested in the international development and intel fields but with poor results. The original aviation space seems to be the only stable area for now. Leadership is arrogant and communicates rarely and poorly with the people. Employees not loyal. No question bumpy ride regardless of the course with current leadership. Company probably be"for sale" sometime soon if not already. Company thrives on wars and with the war ending, company's future looks bleak.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace leadership and get competent, unselfish and humble leaders with bigger and bolder ideas to run the company.

Opportunity

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsDynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

ConsAlways constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

IT Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

ConsThe Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

Do Not Work Here.... You Will Regret It!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLocation was centralize. Worked with a few good people.

ConsPoor management skills, poor pay for work you put in, no employee moral, unreasonable workloads and over time hours. Managment is very narrowed in its views. Most people are not personable. Company encourages advancment and growth within, but when you actually apply for it you are denied because your current manager has to approve the move and does not. Management has a lack of encouragment with their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the employees to review their managers in addition to annual reviews. Learn to compromise and know that employees have lives outside of the company. Learn to show appreciation to your employees and do not talk down to them. So acting as if your employees are part of an assembly line and know they are real people.

crazy, lacks direction, better long term planning

Recruiter (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosfriendly staff, people willing to help others.

Consneeds to win some contracts, stay proactive.

Great pay for exchange of required flexible hours.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat pay. Good benefits. mostly good people to work with.

ConsBe aware of lay offs every two years. Horrible coffee service. no break room. No jeans on friday. Last minute overtime. Needs more/better parking.

Very bureaucratic industry

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood earning potential. The company has many opportunities, so while you may not necessarily move up in the company, there are many different opportunities that can increase your earning potential

ConsThere is not much upward movement and management tends to be shortsighted, more interested in short term returns than the long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should provide longer term strategy and better technological solutions. These will create increased efficiency and better margins for the company. They should better focus on employee opportunities and retention.

Great place to work!

Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood on the job training and opportunities for advancement.

ConsTreat employees with respect even in tough situations

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your people, don't belittle them!

Great people, poor overall management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe company does very significant work that enhances our military's capability.

ConsUpper management is cut throat and not concerned with employees well being.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!