DynCorp International

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Quality Corporate Ownership and Leadership

Director In Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsOur Owner and our Chairman/CEO are the best that I've worked for. They always seem to have the DI Star in mind when they must make those tough decisions regarding staffing. I have never seen the CEO unkind--firm, yes, demanding, yes, but kind.

ConsThe uncertainty for the company staff because of the uncertain win or lose in government contracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more all-hands communication

HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsNice people, compensation is decent, good work-life , no personal growth

ConsLow employee moral, no raises in several years..at least let employees wear jeans for moral, leadership is old school, benefits USED to be good, not anymore. Office culture is boring compared to new trendier companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee moral with little things that go a long way.

Good people horrible management

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat group of people to work with who share knowledge and help you as much as possible.

ConsUpper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Defense Contracting is contracting

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement if you are ambitious, smart and willing to work hard. Decent benefits.

ConsGovernment contractors experienced massive growth during the Bush years and now the cycle has turned. Currently in 2014 this is a very challenged sector with downsizing occurring on an ongoing basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation and knowledge is very compartmentalized and difficult to obtain, creating an inefficient work environment and often inconsistent results. A greater emphasis should be placed on leveraging the knowledge of SMEs who can greatly reduce the learning curve for more inexperienced or temporary staff.

Review

Director of Pricing (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGaffney's vision, leadership, mentoring. Completely different company since Cerberus bought us.

Cons"It's not my job"; "It's the COE's fault", "COE's do not support us" and like statements from middle management and below that tarnish relationships.
    Common statements within BATs and COEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't compound bad decision made several years ago and perpetuate it. It might be better to snap a chalk line and start over.

Long hours, good pay

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

Prosgreat people who are dedicated

Conslong hours that extend into home life

Advice to Senior Managementflex time means flex time, not take your laptop home after working 12 hours

Drafter (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsFriendly atmosphere and likeable co workers

ConsScattered leadership from unqualified middle managers

Advice to Senior Management-

I enjoy working here.

Cisco Voice Engineer (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsAfter April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

ConsAs far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

Some of the worst management

Fort Worth, TX

ProsPay is decent looking from the outside in, but once you are in you receive more and more tasks.

ConsSome of the worst management. Employees are belittled, micro-managed, and at times harrased and it is accepted by Human Resources. Retaliation is also a fear all employees have. Management sticks together even if proven wrong. Human Resources is there to protect management and the company NOT the employee. Company is all about metrics instead of taking the time to take care of the customer. This company is also all about who you know. Opportunities are given to only certain people.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training
    Team Building
    Leadership Training

Never Appreciated

Operations (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsIf you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

ConsThere is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings in Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.