DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

DynCorp International Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 11, 2014

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Quality Corporate Ownership and Leadership

Director In Human Resources (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsOur Owner and our Chairman/CEO are the best that I've worked for. They always seem to have the DI Star in mind when they must make those tough decisions regarding staffing. I have never seen the CEO unkind--firm, yes, demanding, yes, but kind.

ConsThe uncertainty for the company staff because of the uncertain win or lose in government contracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more all-hands communication

Review

Director of Pricing (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGaffney's vision, leadership, mentoring. Completely different company since Cerberus bought us.

Cons"It's not my job"; "It's the COE's fault", "COE's do not support us" and like statements from middle management and below that tarnish relationships.
    Common statements within BATs and COEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't compound bad decision made several years ago and perpetuate it. It might be better to snap a chalk line and start over.

Long hours, good pay

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosgreat people who are dedicated

Conslong hours that extend into home life

Advice to Senior Managementflex time means flex time, not take your laptop home after working 12 hours

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ideal employer for those willing to work hard, apply themselves, and who are dedicated to learning more about business

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsStrong company values for which people are held accountable; companywide sense of pride in the mission - people care about the work they are doing; opportunities to learn more to advance your career are limitless

ConsMarket dynamics make this a challenging time for anyone who contracts with the U.S. government; not a place for those just looking to "show-up" each day who are not invested in the work they do

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on core values across company; continue to hold people accountable for delivering results and living the company values

If you know your stuff and need little help, GO FOR IT.

Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsSalary and benefits are king! If you really know your stuff and have an ample amount of experience i.e. 10 years or more, then this is a great paying, I mean awesome paying job that should not be passed up. Well, provided you are a single person or have a very patient spouse who doesn't mind waiting for you while you put some dough away for your future.

ConsComunication. After having to meet some pretty strict criteria to get the job, you may feel a bit ripped off by some of the inexperienced individuals that pop up every now and then. The lines of communication leave something to be desired which is no atmosphere for the inexperienced in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback is the best keyword. When asked for information, at least let someone know you are awake received the request and are working on it.

HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsNice people, compensation is decent, good work-life , no personal growth

ConsLow employee moral, no raises in several years..at least let employees wear jeans for moral, leadership is old school, benefits USED to be good, not anymore. Office culture is boring compared to new trendier companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee moral with little things that go a long way.

I enjoy working here.

Cisco Voice Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAfter April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

ConsAs far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

Good first job where I gain lots of education and experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat Mentors
    Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
    Educational/tuition reimbursement opportunities.
    Set policies and procedures set in place for almost anything (I didn't realize how valuable this was until I worked for a company with no policies/procedures).
    Great Benefits

ConsWork/life balance - at times I was working 70-80 hours per week, on-call and expected to be available 24/7.
    Some favoritism
    Some people in management positions did not deserve them or do a good job in them, making it more difficult for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I feel like this is a good company to work for, but a lot of that has to do with the department and people that you work with/for. I believe that it opened many doors for me and taught me so much.

My experience at DynCorp International, LLC

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThis is a great company to work. They have good ethics and training programs for employees. I would go back to work for this company under the right managers.

ConsManagement sometimes does not get all the information needed to make decisions. In some instances management takes the word of others instead of coming to their own conclusions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should screen managers and offer classes on management to managers as to how to communicate more effectively.

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

IT Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

ConsThe Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!