DynCorp International

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 26 reviews)

• Good salary and benefits to the workers who work there (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

60 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Review

Current Employee - Director of Pricing  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Pricing in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gaffney's vision, leadership, mentoring. Completely different company since Cerberus bought us.

Cons

"It's not my job"; "It's the COE's fault", "COE's do not support us" and like statements from middle management and below that tarnish relationships.
    Common statements within BATs and COEs.

Don't compound bad decision made several years ago and perpetuate it. It might be better to snap a chalk line and start over.

Long hours, good pay

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people who are dedicated

Cons

long hours that extend into home life

flex time means flex time, not take your laptop home after working 12 hours

Good people horrible management

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of people to work with who share knowledge and help you as much as possible.

Cons

Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Defense Contracting is contracting

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement if you are ambitious, smart and willing to work hard. Decent benefits.

Cons

Government contractors experienced massive growth during the Bush years and now the cycle has turned. Currently in 2014 this is a very challenged sector with downsizing occurring on an ongoing basis.

Information and knowledge is very compartmentalized and difficult to obtain, creating an inefficient work environment and often inconsistent results. A greater emphasis should be placed on leveraging the knowledge of SMEs who can greatly reduce the learning curve for more inexperienced or temporary staff.

Former Employee - Drafter  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Drafter in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and likeable co workers

Cons

Scattered leadership from unqualified middle managers

I enjoy working here.

Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

Cons

As far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

Some of the worst management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent looking from the outside in, but once you are in you receive more and more tasks.

Cons

Some of the worst management. Employees are belittled, micro-managed, and at times harrased and it is accepted by Human Resources. Retaliation is also a fear all employees have. Management sticks together even if proven wrong. Human Resources is there to protect management and the company NOT the employee. Company is all about metrics instead of taking the time to take care of the customer. This company is also all about who you know. Opportunities are given to only certain people.

Management training
    Team Building
    Leadership Training

Never Appreciated

Former Employee - Operations  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

Cons

There is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Value your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.

DynCorp = bully

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Met some great friends.

Cons

Employees with children and families are favored over single, childless employees as if single people have no life. Being single does not mean I want to stay late so a parent can go home on time to pick up and take care of a child. Never could make plans afterwork, no advanced notice of overtime hours. Normal hours were 8-5 but sometimes you were excepted to work odd shift hours such as midnight to 9am, 5am-5pm, etc.

Expected to not take your lunch hour.

Deadlines are unreasonable and last minute. Management not willing to stand up and demand deadlines that aren't so tight and last minute.

Gave awards for outstanding performances that came with a cash award. Unfortunately, one person won the award for "placing a decal on a plane." Often awarded those that were simply doing their job. Overlooked those that went over and above and did many jobs.

Military employees looked down on and treated non-military employees horribly.

Lots of sexism in the workplace.

Had to constantly take ethics training, including how retaliation was not allowed. It happened all of the time.

Bullying was a large part of how they got things done.

Never looked forward to going to work.

Must account for how you spent your time at work and on what project. You'd be screwed if you were actually efficient and got done early.

After expecting you to stay crazy hours they couldn't even provide decent coffee. At one time they offered individual coffee creamers in many flavors, provided plates and plastic cutlery. After one of the many CEO changes the plates, cutlery, creamers were gone. Creamer was replaced with generic powdered crap. Generic sweeteners. No more tea, hot cocoa, etc.

Good first job where I gain lots of education and experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Mentors
    Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
    Educational/tuition reimbursement opportunities.
    Set policies and procedures set in place for almost anything (I didn't realize how valuable this was until I worked for a company with no policies/procedures).
    Great Benefits

Cons

Work/life balance - at times I was working 70-80 hours per week, on-call and expected to be available 24/7.
    Some favoritism
    Some people in management positions did not deserve them or do a good job in them, making it more difficult for their employees.

Overall I feel like this is a good company to work for, but a lot of that has to do with the department and people that you work with/for. I believe that it opened many doors for me and taught me so much.

DynCorp International Photos

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!