DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

Company Review

Staff Officer (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is very generous in its vacation allocations, based on how long you've worked for them. The are definitely pro-veteran, and family. The atmosphere is one of teamwork.

ConsBeing off-site, sometimes information is found out slowly. Additionally, historically when training is required, we tend to get notification at the "critical" hour for it to be completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication lines open to the lowest worker level.

Quality Corporate Ownership and Leadership

Director In Human Resources (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsOur Owner and our Chairman/CEO are the best that I've worked for. They always seem to have the DI Star in mind when they must make those tough decisions regarding staffing. I have never seen the CEO unkind--firm, yes, demanding, yes, but kind.

ConsThe uncertainty for the company staff because of the uncertain win or lose in government contracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more all-hands communication

Great pay

Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) Patuxent River, MD

ProsGreat pay, and experience! Raises were annually started off at $27.00/hr after one year of work and one raise I ended at $30/hr

ConsThe location of work was pretty bad, it was southern Maryland and the cost of living down there was outrageous.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork was great while I was there, it isn't the normal professional work environment due to the majority of the people being prior military there is a bit of hazing going on at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, vacation, overseas service, experience and great people

ConsPolitics, hours, access to basic things: Internet
    Personal items

Advice to Senior ManagementRead resumes, you have people with leadership potential and years of experience wasted on menial positions

It was a good place to work, management was pretty easy, but for most people the advancement rte is low

Avionics Technician (Former Employee) Patuxent River, MD

ProsPeople pretty much get along, everyone was military and we all had a common goal.

ConsUnions are not around to protect the people that want to work...definitely for the lazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have incentives for people to work harder

Kind of ok.

ProsDecent pay. Pay on time.

ConsIn Afghanistan. Very, very poor program management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Walking on egg shells, very unstable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsBeen here a long time and make good salary.
    Big campaign to promote their ethics and culture.
    I am trusted and respected for my skills and knowledge for the most part, which is as I expect to get anywhere, as I highly skilled and have 2.5 decades of expertise.

ConsExtremely unstable; employees live in culture of fear and exhaustion. Rounds of lay offs every year if you are not a union employee working a specific contract. Funding for various projects is always hard to come by even for regular much needed maintenance.
    2 years of zero merit pay increases across the board and benefits reduced.
    AWFUL work hours on call 24x7 for weeks at a time. Some weekends worked continuously.
    Very top down organizational chain of command with a strong reaction to employee's voicing questions or criticism. Not a collaborative culture.
    Very few opportunities for advancement.
    The promotion of the DI Start as their ethics and culture is superficial. SR management does not act it out.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel valued with even a tiny pay increase. Stop the executive and senior management perks. Stop trying to trim the corporate overhead jobs, cutting benefits, and constantly rearranging the reporting structure. So much change is not making it better, only creating doubt and fear. Create opportunities for employees to grow their skill and value.

Great opportunity for prior military

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe benefits and the work environment

Consshort contract away from home

operation different types of equipment according to work order [ tmr].

Heavy Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood ,pay system is ok

Consyou miss home,family and friends.

Advice to Senior Managementupgrade

Love this company.

ProsThe company is full of intelligent, helpful, team players.

ConsThe company has made benefit cuts to compete with this poor economy. I hope once the economy turns around the company will remember that the employees gave up benefits in bad time hoping to have them returned with good times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to coach and mentor your employees, they are an investment.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!