DynCorp International

Updated September 17, 2014
3.4

James Geisler
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

excellent

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good opportunity and good offers

Cons

Enhance my knowledge and more professional

i fell that i am well qualified for this position

Stay away! Bait and switch

Current Employee - Mobile Training Team  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Training Team in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The team leads are good first line managers. Working with team mates if the best part of the job.

Cons

Dyncorp has very little concern for employees. When complaints about recent 60% pay cut were voiced! management related they had hundreds of propel to take out place.

Instructional knowledge is something you should try to hang on to. The new contract in Palestine will go into default, can't run two sites at 30% staffing

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

An okay company

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary. Travel and training if it's within your job description.

Cons

Lack of communications between corporate and the 'folks in the field.' Educational benefits - yeah, if the class you're taking is looked upon as within your job scope, but highly subjective.

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

Awful management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Considering the tax free status it is decent pay especially if you are transitioning out of the military. Good amount of vacation and money for the plane ticket. Living arrangements are pretty good.

Cons

Management is just awful, they seem to promote all of the people that should have been fired long ago for ineptitude. Very much a "good ole boys" club. Constant "knee jerk" reactions to fairly consistent issues rather than just taking the time to review things and see how they could be done better ahead of time. None of the management care how hard the employees work they just want more and better without actually having the knowledge of exactly what they are asking for.

Get rid of them. Appreciate and take care of your people. Stop micromanaging.

Contracted Civilian Police Advisor

Current Employee - Police Advisor  in  Baghdad (Iraq)
    Current Employee - Police Advisor in Baghdad (Iraq)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compared to the positions I've had contracting, DynCorp has a fairly efficient HR and logistics Department.

Cons

The pay was low for the industry. Management seemed to get hired based on who they knew rather than qualifications. The treatment of employees was terrible leaving most in my program without the too necessary to do the job. Also, there was a VERY broad mission statement that did not provide guidance on what the customer expected. Bottom line, I do not think they were interested in performance on the job. If you were breathing and deployable they could get you into country and get their money.

Have a little pride in the mission and plan to produce some deliverables. Stop promoting solely based on resume, just because a guy has 30 years of experience doesn't mean he is motivated to do the job.

Concerned About the Bottom Line

Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, benefits, in processing, freedom to act without supervision.

Cons

Lack of communication about future contract status. Poor relationship with the military.

Involving the company with the supported organization is critical. The company allowed it relationship to lapse. A direct quote from a U.S. Army Colonel who was my supervisor and was pleased with my performance - "DynCorp is the Enemy".

The experience with DynCorp has been challenging.... Good, and bad, but overall a worthwhile experience.

Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor  in  Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth and advancement if you apply yourself. This was in a warzone and the people for the most part were like family.

Cons

The biggest CON is that most of the upper and senior management were not competent in their position. Their lack of skills and competency crippled the operation in many ways... Bad decision!!

Bridge the gap between working projects HQ, and corporate for a smoother and seamless operation.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!