DynCorp International

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
3.4

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 29 reviews)

• Opportunity for challenging and rewarding work in numerous areas around the world (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

If you are Asian this is not the company for you specially in Afghanistan

Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent on a tcn standard

Cons

Highly discriminatory towards asians it starts right from the time you land in Kuwait ,But thats just a start of things , Once you reach Afghanistan you will know racism is a reality :) ,If you are a TCN or an FN as they call it now you will have diffrent living standards (horribly diffrent tent) ,limited access to dining facilities ,and no communication(They take away your mobile phones stating security)But its really under the discretion of DynCorp ,You may or maynot have limited access to internet depending on your supervisor in my case i had a good one .You will also get 1 paid R&R per year if you are a TCN compared to 2 paid R&Rs for expats(Americans) this is becuase DynCorp believes Asian bodies dont get fatigued as much as our American counterparts ,I was initially offered a contract of 49000 USD per annum at the second year of renewal they told me the HR had made a mistake the previous year on my particular postion and its down by half about 24000USD and this happened to a lot of other peoplein my same positon . Thats when i decided to leave Afghanistan .For an Asian is a good company to work if its the the last job on earth not if you are in a job and doing ok.All of my above comments is on a TCN/FN persepctive if you are an expat (American) conditions are way diffrent.

Not sure !

Employment

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good policy of taking care of the good ol boy club

Cons

most everything about the company was not good

dont say it unless you mean it.

Do Not Work Here.... You Will Regret It!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location was centralize. Worked with a few good people.

Cons

Poor management skills, poor pay for work you put in, no employee moral, unreasonable workloads and over time hours. Managment is very narrowed in its views. Most people are not personable. Company encourages advancment and growth within, but when you actually apply for it you are denied because your current manager has to approve the move and does not. Management has a lack of encouragment with their employees.

Allow the employees to review their managers in addition to annual reviews. Learn to compromise and know that employees have lives outside of the company. Learn to show appreciation to your employees and do not talk down to them. So acting as if your employees are part of an assembly line and know they are real people.

No employee growth and too much ignorance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

Pros

the only advantage is that you are sure what you signed for is what you get nothing special

Cons

war zone dangers as usual

Can you just look at what one can actually do rather than keeping one person in one position we got talent

Amazing company to work with.

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work culture, ethics, colleagues, diversity

Cons

Difficult geographic locations to work in

Simply horrible! DONT GET SUCKED IN!!!

Current Employee - Crew Chief, Trainer, Advisor in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

There are no "Pros" for working on this contract at all!

Cons

Horrible site management
    Horrible living arrangments
    Dyncorp employees takes blame for all mishaps by locals
    Most locals mistreat you.

My advice to site management is to LEAVE! My advice to Corporate management is to FIRE the site management.

Good Pay horrible management

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Pay is competitive and liked the location

Cons

Corporate needs to re-evaluate their managment.

Managers should be open about changes within the companies and department. Directors should listen to what the lower level employees are telling them about their managers and make changes to the management instead of brushing them off.

Bad example of how the "contracting" world is supposed to be.

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Compared to having a job and not having a job, you can always start networking to find other places for employment by networking with other contractors.

Cons

This company underbid many other contracting agencies to win the bids. In this business practice, they do have numerous oppurtunities, but the individual suffers because you salary is lower than what it should be, plus numerous cuts to the benefits package.

Very bad.

Current Employee - Laundry Attendant
    Current Employee - Laundry Attendant

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Bad economical situation in my country. Because I have accepted to be here. Otherwise I would think twice to accept such a job.

Cons

Too many promises for good life,promotions and good salaries. It gives you hope all the time but at the end you become aware that those were just empty promises. It is very rare someone to be promoted. 90% from the Balkan people are not satisfied with their FNA contracts. Anyway, someone has to open the world map and to see that Macedonia and Bosnia are part of Europe.

To be more concerned about its employees. People use to quit just because they are not satisfied with the money. If the company wants to have and keep the professionals with it they have to think about this issue. Otherwise only Kenyians and Indians will work here.

Not the best experience, lack of professional leadership from supervisor.

Former Employee - Buyer
    Former Employee - Buyer

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Salary was ok compared to other companies. Always paid on time.

Cons

Long, long, hours. Purchasing Manager was not suited for leadership. Incredible workload with not enough staff. Manager did not seem to care about his people he just wanted the work to get done. They operate in dangerous countries.

Treat your people better. They are your best asset.

DynCorp International Photos