DynCorp International Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

3.4

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Lack of good communication

Current Employee - Munitions
    Current Employee - Munitions

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits offered are good for overseas.

Cons

Working for retired military, stuck in their old ways. Long hours. Generally 2 days off a month.

Enforce code of ethics. Complaints go up and nothing is ever done to abusers.

Former Employee - Drafter  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Drafter in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and likeable co workers

Cons

Scattered leadership from unqualified middle managers

I worked at DI as an Administrative Assistant. In my position, I supported many departments within the company.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an administrative assistant, I enjoyed the individual as well as the collaborative group training. The compensation was good. I feel if my contract would not have run out their was potential for me to grow.

Cons

I really do not have anything to say negative about the leadership. I worked well with the staff. The only downside to my employment is my contract was cancelled.

Continue to stay on track with your training programs with your employees as you provide services in support of aviation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working here.

Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Cisco Voice Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After April 2013 working in IT got 75% better. A lot of improvements have been made within the IT department as a whole and there are good IT managers willing to give you a chance to move up if you work hard. Training is okay. Most of the training I've gotten to advance my career has been done on my own initiative, at my own expense, and on my own time. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and get experience with a wide spectrum of technologies. Not a lot of perks company wise that I can think of.

Cons

As far as job security, it's only good when there's a major war going on.

Stateside - great company

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Great opportunities to move up

Cons

Military environment rather than corporate world

lean more towards corporate type environment than military war zone mindsets.

Some of the worst management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent looking from the outside in, but once you are in you receive more and more tasks.

Cons

Some of the worst management. Employees are belittled, micro-managed, and at times harrased and it is accepted by Human Resources. Retaliation is also a fear all employees have. Management sticks together even if proven wrong. Human Resources is there to protect management and the company NOT the employee. Company is all about metrics instead of taking the time to take care of the customer. This company is also all about who you know. Opportunities are given to only certain people.

Management training
    Team Building
    Leadership Training

Nice people exceptional business

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Above average compensation stateside and abroad. This compensation package has helped many families over the years. Be aware that this is a government contractor which has varying staffing needs.

Cons

Working stateside I found the number of layoffs were unsettling and caused stress within the department. (To be expected) Upper management was not as affected though.

The good ol boys network / hire your friends for upper positions has a lot of internal attention but not a lot of respect.

DynCorp

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Lots of good folks in the company. Heavy on military

Cons

long hours are expected regularly

say thanks to your employees every once in a while

Constant change with many challenges

Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance  in  Columbus, MS
    Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance in Columbus, MS

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a few incentive rewards with healthcare to earn reward money. Fair amount of places to get discounts and perks, ie. AT&T. Tuition assistance is very generous along with relocation reimbursement.

Cons

Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program. There are many issues, one being the current health insurance change and no coverage in this area. Possibility of layoffs and a reduced workforce. Overtime has currently been banned due to the budget.

Upper management needs to be informed of what it is really like to work at a site and realize that the great plans that are drawn up in a cubical, will always work. Professional micromanagers and this creates issues as one can imagine.

Never Appreciated

Former Employee - Operations  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

Cons

There is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Value your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!