DynCorp International Reviews

1. Not great for the Intelligence Community

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Vienna, VA

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Decent benefits, 4% matching 401K

Cons

Profit comes before people. Great for stockholders, not great for employees.

Advice to Management

Be straight with employees. Several upper-level management people left the company a few months before our contract rebid, we were told all of them left for "personal reasons". If logistics is your bread and butter, be straight and let the employees know that you do not plan to drop your profit margin to get the rebid.

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

DynCorp doesn't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are really in need of employment and can't find anything else then work here only to gain experience and then leave after a year. Otherwise, I don't recommend working here.

Cons

DI is top heavy and pay only its upper management personnel. They don't care about the support staff, often lose bids on proposal due to POOR PAST PERFORMANCE ratings, and has a bad reputation with the government. They are a sinking ship!

Advice to Management

Clean house!! of your upper management who have fat paychecks, stop hiring your siblings, and other family members and promote HONESTLY within the minorities who are qualified. Stop promoting those caucasians who are NOT qualified. Stop lying to the government!!!

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

Even Ethics does not do the right thing

Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High salaries per experience and a ton of flex time during the week.

Cons

I had a manager who broke every rule on the social contract. I reported it to Ethics because it was getting out of hand. Ethics said, "yeah, there are some bad managers out there but just because he lies or treats you bad does not mean anything.. but I will talk to them about the internal training you aren't getting". I was given permission for training immediately afterwards and a couple weeks after that I was let go in a so called "lay-off"! I contacted Ethics regarding "retaliation" and they wouldn't respond for 6+ months. Later found out that my boss had lied again to Ethics in a cover-up so Ethics just left it at that. Would not look into the matter.
    Turnover is significant. More than any company I've ever seen. I had 7 different managers during my few years tenure. None of whom are with the company any more. Further, leadership portrays unethical standards in cost representation to the government.

Advice to Management

The right thing doesn't come from you.

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Advice to Management

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

8. Stay away! Bait and switch

Current Contractor - Mobile Training Team in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Contractor - Mobile Training Team in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The team leads are good first line managers. Working with team mates if the best part of the job.

Cons

Dyncorp has very little concern for employees. When complaints about recent 60% pay cut were voiced! management related they had hundreds of propel to take out place.

Advice to Management

Instructional knowledge is something you should try to hang on to. The new contract in Palestine will go into default, can't run two sites at 30% staffing

9. An okay company

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Travel and training if it's within your job description.

Cons

Lack of communications between corporate and the 'folks in the field.' Educational benefits - yeah, if the class you're taking is looked upon as within your job scope, but highly subjective.

Not too shabby

Current Contractor - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Contractor - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits for the most part.

Cons

Micro managed all the time.

Advice to Management

Higher more management to oversee all of the employees.

11. Okay overall

Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-works, benefits good, work-life balance good, management good, flexible schedule, staff development is good, upward mobility ... Opportunities around the world...

Cons

Contract work, so possibility that my position could go away in a few years. No tuition reimbursement on my contract...employer match has been cut back to save money.

Advice to Management

None

DynCorp International Photos