www.dyn-intl.com

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 27 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Power Generation Mechanic in `Alījān (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Power Generation Mechanic in `Alījān (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As a foreign national working for an international company, it was a good overall experience. Lots of learning areas on the job. International work exposure. New cultures. Fantastic.

Cons

Poor pay for foreign nationals (FN) employees. Obvious difference in the treatment of US citizens and FN especially those from africa. Long hours of the job.

Give more job opportunities to Foreign Nationals from Africa.

Okay overall

Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-works, benefits good, work-life balance good, management good, flexible schedule, staff development is good, upward mobility ... Opportunities around the world...

Cons

Contract work, so possibility that my position could go away in a few years. No tuition reimbursement on my contract...employer match has been cut back to save money.

None

Working for DynCorp

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great learning experience working on various government contracts.

Cons

Poor management, poor HR department, low employee morale, constant layoffs, costly benefits, not even average pay, long hours, no overtime paid, and they do NOT follow the DI STAR that they claim is so important.

Learn how to treat your employees. Learn to listen and take action when needed. Learn to solve employee issues.

I had good experience and know how in working with Dyn Corp International

Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think I don't have problem in working with Dyn Corp Interational they teach me in dealing with co-employee civilan and military.

Cons

The challenge working with Dyn Corp International in arabic language I was forces to speak in arabic . The benefit they give me was so beneficial to my family and myself. They develop us employees to deal in good leadership in our work.

I have nothing to see with regrds to management of Dyn Corp International. They ar good company.

Monitor Escort

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Great! Opportunity. You get to travel the world. And you meet new and different cultures of people.

Cons

Being away from Loved Ones.

DynCorp International

Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Herat (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Herat (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good organization, focused on continual process improvement

Cons

There is an ever need for qualified personnel

Hire by qualification, never association

Moving to the positive

Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

My direct report and management team were professional and very team oriented. Corporate seems intent on building a company built on true professionalism and rooting out the "buddy system" systemic in overseas contracting.

My experience with the company was overall very positive

Cons

Many departments lacked continuous improvement input from their front line personnel. Many of my friends from other departments experienced a far courser work life from their senior management team.

More emphasis on education, experience, skill, aptitude, and attitude during hiring.

Got to do the job I had in the USAF for a civilian company.

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, can do the same job you had in the military.

Cons

Qatar sort of sucks, and not having SOFA status as a civilian in Qatar makes you a 2nd class citizen with no equal rights who are regarded as gods by the police.

Don't be "my daddy", I am a grown man. Micromanagement sucks.

Excilerating

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No two days are ever the same. Since this company has locations all around the world. There is always something happening, 24/7. The opportunity for growth is excellent. The general overhead is low, so everyone wears many hats. I am learning something new everyday. I love interacting with people all over the world. I get to work with true american heroes. The ethics are top notch. There is a social contract that is signed and followed to the letter. This definitely makes for a very pleasant work atmosphere. The leadership training is relevant immediately to our managers, not just something they can use in the future. I love it here.

Cons

You need to be available 24/7, 365. They keep the overhead low, but this creates a bottleneck sometime to get something processed. Some of the software applications need to be updated and more user friendly.

Offer the bonuses to everyone, not just managers. This is truly a team environment. Everyone on the team needs to be rewarded, not just the managers.

Huge company with many projects in various fields

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

DynCorp is a huge company that offers a wide varity of job postings around the world.
    The Company will generally give employees opportunities for follow-on jobs within the company as they finish their contracts (applies to year long/overseas contracting work)
    The Company's values are great (See below)

Cons

(Understand this is in reference to the project I work with. Talk with someone at your potential work site for appropriate details)
    DynCorp's ability to pay a respectable salary was struck hard coming in after another company had this project. The quality of employees that will work in this field, for this amount of money is lacking. The Company's inability to recruit quality aircraft mechanics makes it hard to get rid of substandard mechanics. It's a snowball that gets worse as top notch employees leave the program because they can make better money elsewhere, and employees that lack experience and skills for better paying jobs are left behind. The only thing that keeps this place running are the handful of mechanics that stick around because they truly care about the end user and their mission.
    There never seems to be enough time to really truly inculcate the Company's values into the workforce, other than through negative discipline when values are not adhered to.

Find some way to offer better incentives for working here. The hourly compensation and benefits are substandard for this industry. The only reason to work on this project is the insane amount of hours we work.
    Allow lower and middle management to review potential incoming employee’s applications and take their advice into consideration prior to hiring them

DynCorp International Photos