DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

pretty decent

Prosgood money, decent work conditions.

Conseasy to get fired at times

Advice to Senior Managementdoing ok

This was a good job. It was great to support the Soldiers.

General Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee)

ProsThey offer a great 401K plan.

ConsNight shift work is common.

I had a great experience with the company. Upper management were good at keeping all employee's up to snuff on polices

Logistics (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDynCorp good were very good rewarding employee's and recognition for work well done. I feel as long as a company recognize there employee's for going over a above that brings great workers and good productions.

ConsIn Kuwait working for DynCorp a little warmer than Texas

Advice to Senior ManagementJust don't stop keeping the worker bee's in mind for there work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job opportunity to learn more about aircraft and parts.

Supply Tech (Former Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsTravel, experience, group knowledge exceptional.

ConsOnly ex-military seem to get advancements or people higher up know.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare in the knowledge, take people for whom they are not by what they are being told. One on one is the best way to know a person not hearsay.

Great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge corporation. Many opportunities. Good compensation.

ConsLarge corporation. Change is very slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the ideas from all employee groups.

Terrible work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHave the ability to travel

ConsManagement does not care about personnel.

Microcosm of a world of cultural contribution and service.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt has been my experience that there were a lot of good people working together that didn't mind getting their hands dirty for the good of the team, it was different at every FOB but there were enough positive people at each, to make a difference.

ConsSadly, as the case with other large employers, top management is mostly unaware of the issues that first line supervisors report to their managers, or so it appears because when you request a particular enabler, it is because its value or use in the field has been recognized as a force multiplier at a cost that is minimal compared to it overall value.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be to the advantage of any organization to seek out the information that only those that are in contact with specific issues are aware of. It's sort of like a minor leak in your tires but instead of dealing with it in the present, it's put off until it becomes an issue that cannot be ignored. Usually, at the time that it's condition becomes a priority, something else has become just as important but now you have to split your resources to remedy both with little to no margin left to handle the daily requirements.

The oldest startup

Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood Salary, some very good qualified people, not much else good to say about Dyncorp

ConsDisorganized, no direction, lack of planning, management does not listen to employees, to much turnover from layoffs and voluntary, long hours expected by all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, find other ways than layoffs to keep the bottom line looking good. You know the government is going to be cyclical, but you consistently hit the hard working people with layoffs instead of finding another way. Live the Code of Conduct instead of just spouting it.

Staffing review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsEnjoyed most of my co-workers. Other departments did not seem to have the issues staffing did.

ConsSr. Management needs better communication with employees

Great company at times. The program / management team an employee has will either make you love or hate the company.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood people, strong values, decent benefits, competitive pay, military / vet friendly, branching into commercial contracts in addition to government contracts.

ConsLimited options for promotions and employee development. HR policies seem contradictory. Company owners have changed the way enterprise functions.. and it hasn't benefited the employees at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your current people rather than bringing on new VPs.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!