DynCorp International Reviews

Reset

DynCorp doesn't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are really in need of employment and can't find anything else then work here only to gain experience and then leave after a year. Otherwise, I don't recommend working here.

Cons

DI is top heavy and pay only its upper management personnel. They don't care about the support staff, often lose bids on proposal due to POOR PAST PERFORMANCE ratings, and has a bad reputation with the government. They are a sinking ship!

Advice to Management

Clean house!! of your upper management who have fat paychecks, stop hiring your siblings, and other family members and promote HONESTLY within the minorities who are qualified. Stop promoting those caucasians who are NOT qualified. Stop lying to the government!!!

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

Even Ethics does not do the right thing

Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High salaries per experience and a ton of flex time during the week.

Cons

I had a manager who broke every rule on the social contract. I reported it to Ethics because it was getting out of hand. Ethics said, "yeah, there are some bad managers out there but just because he lies or treats you bad does not mean anything.. but I will talk to them about the internal training you aren't getting". I was given permission for training immediately afterwards and a couple weeks after that I was let go in a so called "lay-off"! I contacted Ethics regarding "retaliation" and they wouldn't respond for 6+ months. Later found out that my boss had lied again to Ethics in a cover-up so Ethics just left it at that. Would not look into the matter.
    Turnover is significant. More than any company I've ever seen. I had 7 different managers during my few years tenure. None of whom are with the company any more. Further, leadership portrays unethical standards in cost representation to the government.

Advice to Management

The right thing doesn't come from you.

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Advice to Management

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

6. An okay company

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Travel and training if it's within your job description.

Cons

Lack of communications between corporate and the 'folks in the field.' Educational benefits - yeah, if the class you're taking is looked upon as within your job scope, but highly subjective.

7. Okay overall

Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-works, benefits good, work-life balance good, management good, flexible schedule, staff development is good, upward mobility ... Opportunities around the world...

Cons

Contract work, so possibility that my position could go away in a few years. No tuition reimbursement on my contract...employer match has been cut back to save money.

Advice to Management

None

8. It seems that the company is continuing to falter. Three CEOs within the first month.

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of work to do. The people are great and you get to help those that serve this great country.

Cons

Cerberus (owner) is killing the company since they keep trying to bring in commercial best practices in the a government / military world. It just doesn't work.

Also teams are too lean as it stands. Once LOGCAP goes away the company will be hurting. Plus they are one huge contract away from imploding since they barely have the staff to keep the lights on.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, many have which been with the company for over 10 years. Also, get away from Cerberus as fast as you can or they will totally sink the ship and alot of good people will loose their jobs.

9. Inept leadership

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, some opportunity if you are former military and know how to be a political animal.

Cons

Top leadership is fluid, 3 CEOs in 4 years, layoffs are frequent, no pay raises no matter how well you perform, "You get to keep your job"

Advice to Management

Why bother, they wouldn't listen.

10. End of contract review

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

A Large company with varying job opportunities in the defense industry

Cons

A very later he company that often loses sight of its employees

Advice to Management

Make sure to think of employees as individuals and not as part of a number on a profit scale

11. Disappointed

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average.

Cons

Senior Management is totally out of touch with the workforce. Employee ideas are not given any consideration, and people work out of fear of losing their job. Management has a "pass the buck" mentality and "good old boy" network mentality.

Advice to Management

Need to value and appreciate the value of employees. Remove the managing by fear element and hold yourselves accountable instead of pointing fingers when things don't go as planned. Embrace the team concept that is preached but not practiced!

RSS Feed </> Embed