DynaVox

Not yet rated.

Derek Harrar

A company that cares

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe products produced are meaninful and rewarding to be a part of

ConsCan be a really fast paced eviroment to meet deadline

Advice to Senior Managementrefocus on product line

Very pleasant and an immense learning experience

Pennsylvania (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosfreedom to work,and lots of help from peers

Consnothing that i could see while i was working there

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Casual Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was not a bad place to work at. I did some interesting mobile development work. The coworkers are generally friendly and the weather isn't bad.

ConsNot much of a fan of the city of Pittsburgh. Although the area is more about who you know as opposed the actual attractions there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good experience working here so far

Prosoffers career opportunities of employees

Conscompensation and benefits are not great

Software Engineering

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDoing work that matters to folks who need the assistance.

Conscompany and products are not competitive long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild something in less than 3 years.

Fair

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation was good, research and development was good.

ConsPoor communication amongst leadership and no extra support.

Great company, great field to work in. Executive team needs a wake up call.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe best reason to work at DynaVox is the customers. Great to feel good about delivering the products into the customers that need it.

The people actually doing the work at DynaVox are what make the place tolerable.

ConsThe senior executives are clearly living in their own world. They are rarely in the office and when they are they are behind closed doors with each other.

Your safety in the organization is only safe if you stay on the good side of the top executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it into the office or the field with sales reps once in a while. Learn what it takes to do the different jobs and stop changing around the organization so much.

Take a look outside of the existing product offerings and get competitive. Why buy an expensive device if an iPad and some software can meet my needs?

Formerly good company, products, and people but must return to former self to survive.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products that can really serve the non-verbal population with a means of communication. You can really make a difference in someone"s life.

ConsPoor management at the top made poor decisions. Tripled sales force in less than 2 years and revenue plummeted. Took company public and stock went from $18 to around 10 cents in less than3 years (DVOX). Ran off most dedicated, experienced employees. Treated all with mis-trust

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to serving the client and respecting the good workers and the numbers witll begin to take care of themselves. You ways of high control and greed have not worked.

Used to be a great job

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product that is really needed. Your customers truly appreciate your time and effort.

ConsThe management of the company has no idea what makes DynaVox better. They act like it is the software but it used to be the level of support we provided. Now that most of the experienced reps have left there is no reason for a customer to choose DynaVox.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and take an honest look at your marketplace when you set commissions and quotas.

money>patients

Funding Consultant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosrelaxed environment, great coworkers committed to teamwork, decent pay,

Consmandatory overtime, poor business practices, don't adequately adhere to HIPAA laws, expensive benefits, laid off employees (me), inconsistent expectations of employee

Advice to Senior Managementthe patients are more important than your deadlines

Worked for DynaVox? Contribute to the Community!