Dynamex

Scott Leveridge

dispatcher

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
    Hayward, CA

Prosno pros to list here

Consthey hire temps, work and pay their drivers like slaves.

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue.

Great company to work for.

Indpendant Contractor Courier (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsYour hours are very flexible.

ConsCompany needs to get more contracts

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Courier / Independant Contractor

Indpendant Contractor Courier (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIf you want to choose your own schedule and need to take time off for personal business this is a great position to hold. I was able to complete my college degree while working at Dynamex. No day is the same always something different to do.

ConsNever know how much pay to expect for work done. Sometimes you would need to spend all day driving meaning 14 hours on the road in order to make a good day for yourself. Parking can be a hassle when in big cities exp. Chicago. Insurance is expensive and ware and tear on your own vehicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your drivers on the Dynamex mobile app expected pay for each job. So they can keep track of how much money they have made each pay period. Provide universal insurance to all drivers to cut down driver expenses.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no worth it , unless u just need money

Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee)
    Lancaster, TX

Prospeople working their are friendly

Consmanagement has no clue..at least at this facility

Not to Bad

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team of people, work life balance, training was good, laid back work space

Conslaid off after only 5 month due to business restructure.

Dead End

Accounts Payable (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsInsurance benefits were ok.

ConsOverloaded with work with no overtime allowed. No time to take vacations. In fighting between branch managers and corporate. Low compensation for work expectations. No bonus to non-exempt workers at corporate and no compensation before acquisition by TransForce.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people and compensate for the work expected. Have realistic expectations and attainable goals for you employees. Give them bonus and wage increases they deserve.

Overload!

Operations (Current Employee)

ProsGreat, Smart People at the Mid Manager level and below.

ConsNo work Life Balance! Constant stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet away from TransForce

I was lied to from the first meeting about what the work and compensation would be.

Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsThey have such low quality standards that even the most inept person would be able to live up to their requirements. They are so disorganized that a person looking to take advantage would have little trouble doing so.

ConsFor those who take people at their word and have pride in their work, this is an impossible environment in which to be successful. There is no communication between the administration, so when a driver is given instructions, they will most likely be given conflicting instructions by at least three others, all of whom will claim that the others don't know what they're talking about, and the speaker is the only one who should be listened to. Additionally, since they just want bodies on the job, they will flat out lie to you about what you will be doing and how much you will be paid until you are deeply invested in both time and money.

Advice to Senior ManagementThin out levels of management, and replace them with account representatives who handle all of the details of specific accounts. Then, hold those representatives accountable based of reviews of issues by those actually doing the work.

Worst company to work for!

Dallas, TX

ProsGreat staff members, Friday lunch outings with the team

ConsLack of management skills, micro-manage, unapproachable. I feel like I am walking on egg shells everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration why there is such a high employee turnover in the GL department. Employees are the human capital and they contribute to the value of the company. And be supportive of your staff in case they have a doubt/question.

Dont even think about it

Underpaid Dispatcher (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Some were here forever - but they are gone now.

ConsWe were purchased by a Canadian company that did not want the portion of our business in the US. In the last 3 or 4 years I think we must have had 4 or 5 presidents that did nothing but cut jobs and pay. My benefits are 850 a month. Our ops team is overworked and the drivers won't come to work here because they cut there pay. TERRIBLE place to work unless you like low income no direction and better than 50% chance you will walk in one day to find your boss gone or even worse your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what business we are in and let the rest of us know when you do.

Worked for Dynamex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dynamex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dynamex CEO Scott Leveridge. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Dynamex employees.