Dynamex Reviews

1. I was customer service and people I talked with loved me - made them laugh

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Dynamex

Pros

I like working at Dynamex because we worked as a team and I loved helping people out over the phone. I also worked the drivers to make sure they were compliant with MVR reports each year, driver's licenses, registrations and insurance up to date.

Cons

Downside of Dynamex was they let me go - downsizing.

Advice to Management

None

2. Dynamex

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Dynamex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent company to work for, decent benefits

Cons

When I was downsized it was a very unstable environment to work in

Advice to Management

Show better support to your employees

3. Don't work here.

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dynamex

Pros

If you like working 60-70 hours a week it is a great place. If not seek life elsewhere.

Cons

No one can ever make up their mind on they want things done.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line supervisors,

5. Not a good place

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Dynamex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great people but overworked

Cons

Upper management is not good. Always looking to take money from drivers

Advice to Management

Get in touch with reality

6. UNPAID AND LEFT BEHIND

Former Contractor - Master Contractor in Round Rock, TX
    Former Contractor - Master Contractor in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dynamex as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Built some great relationships with some of the local management in the five years I was a master contractor for Dynamex. Direct deposit for each settlement period was never late in five years of service.

Cons

When the daily workload was too heavy for the contractors that were in place, Dynamex rather than do their part by finding more contractors to get the workload completed, just put the entire workload on the existing contractors putting us all into a position of multiple service failures. When the heat came down from the customer over the service failures, Dynamex put all of the blame on the contractors. Time and time again.
    When the contract I was working on was not renewed, the other vendors walked out before the contract was completed. I remained to help Dynamex exit the contract gracefully and the help Dynamex save face with the customer. There was not enough work in the final weeks to be profitable. I was verbally promised that I would be compensated for my efforts by local and upper management. When the final settlement was made, I was shorted a large sum of money that was promised. When I tried to contact them to fix the shortage, I received no response. Everyone that was involved top to bottom abandoned me after the contract was complete (after five years of commended service as a vendor). Never heard from them again.

Advice to Management

Make good on your word. Without contractors to service your contracts, you have nothing. Your contractors are not multi-billion dollar companies. When you promise a certain compensation to them and they do not receive it, you ruin small businesses and people's lives.

7. NJ Region Account Sales Executive

I worked at Dynamex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working culture environment outstanding supervisor and management staff. Loved going to work everyday enjoyed the New Jersey & New York offices.

Cons

Very difficult to match accounts to wide range of logistical services on a local level. Company better sued for selling a national level. Hard to communicate the daily needs of a smaller revenue account to operations.

Bad merger deal to acquire Velocity Express. Changed to the whole companies model for the worse. Very Sad !

Advice to Management

Grow by Local sales , and National together , try blending them together. Stop acquiring Bad Courier companies with hidden issues. Just wait until they go out of business on their own. Velocity Express purchase was a bad idea. Because of their bad accounting practices and questionable ethics it changed Dynamex forever.

8. Employees not valued

I worked at Dynamex

Pros

love coworkers and drivers

Cons

Employees are not valued and stuck in positions for management benefit of the company

9. Opportunity to be my own boss & set my own schedule

Current Employee - Transportation Services
    Current Employee - Transportation Services

I have been working at Dynamex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an independent contractor, Dynamex provides plenty of opportunity to create my own hours. There is plenty of on-demand delivery work at any hour of the day or night. Dynamex is a big brand and they simply want contractors to care about the brand and image deliverable to the customer. Lots of opportunity for those who have a positive mindset!

Cons

Operating a delivery vehicle requires me to maintain it in safe and clean condition. Dynamex encourages and requires vehicle maintenance compliance. It is nice they compensate fuel surcharge allowance and accessorial fees passed through to independent contractors. This helps to offset cost of oil changes, tires and brakes.

Advice to Management

"Stand up" routine conducted by operations management at the beginning of each day sets a positive tone. Discussed are road maintenance & traffic conditions, special deliveries & customer expectations, safety in weather conditions, and a little comic relief to create a friendly atmosphere that makes us feel appreciated.

10. Miserable, destructive and horrible.

Current Employee - Foot Messenger in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Foot Messenger in New York, NY

I have been working at Dynamex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One good thing about that company is they give free metrocard.

Cons

Dynamex, in my univers, it is the worst company in the world. Most dispatchers are reckless. Even if you spent overtime working, they will cut your paycheck everyweek. Additionally, dispatchers give jobs to messengers, very weightful packages to deliver that if we the foot messengers carry them, we will loose our energies. It's a real slavery, stressful and defenitely miserable. Most end of the day I go late for school because they give me commands to go to an address that is really far from school. I let my supervisor know that I go to school every weekdays but I get late and I always get paid less. I become totally discouraged about the job that I am doing.

Advice to Management

Taking good care for the employees is the best way to have a best successful company.

11. My experience was HORRIBLE!

Former Contractor - Independent in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Independent in New York, NY

I worked at Dynamex as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any pros to lists, unpleasant experience.

Cons

I worked as an independent contractor operating my own vehicle with Dynamex, Long Island, New York. Their pay rate is horrible. The wear and tear on your vehicle and body, are not commensurate with the pay ($.75/piece delivered). They also lied about the money that could've been made as well as understated the difficulty of the deliveries (weren't told about delivering furniture). In order to make the three Benjamins per day they claimed, I needed to have a helper and after the cost of fuel and having to pay for help, it would've been a loss.

Advice to Management

Give some form of fuel reimbursement and/or other incentives.