Dynamics Research

Updated January 20, 2015
3.3

Dynamics Research Chairman, President, and CEO James P. Regan
James P. Regan

Pros
  • Good people to work with and a company that takes care of their people (in 4 reviews)

• Great Benefits associated with the company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • DRC is beholden to the macro world of government contracting (in 12 reviews)

• When DRC bought HPTi things fell apart (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Run Company I ever experienced

Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

NONE, Management is the worst ever.

Cons

Management is horrible. Employees are treated poorly. Performance is not rewarded

Get rid of the President, and all the SVPs. Start fresh.

Horrible Management

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get paid every two weeks, providing you don't get mysteriously fired.

Cons

Their website talks about providing their employees "respect." I can only assume their idea of respect is different from the rest of us.

Respect? DRC's On-site management repeatedly raised their voices at us, spoke down to us, and even chewed us out in front of our peers. As one longtime employee whispered to me, "This is the most unhappy place I have ever worked at."

Respect? DRC's management had a major software delivery scheduled for the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So the poor programmers spent the Thanksgiving weekend working 10 - 12 hours at the client site in an attempt to get the software release installed. No time with family and friends during the one long holiday designed just for family and friends. Did DRC think about these employees' families and friends by scheduling a release on a Monday after a major holiday? Of course not! But then again, that's DRC's idea of "Respect."

Respect? In the first six months of working for DRC, I saw the entire computer programming staff turned over. People would be fired late in the day, never to be seen again. Just an awful working environment!

DRC mamagment can't fire themselves; too bad, because it is the management that is responsible for such an unpleasant, hostile work environment. I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night. But then again, since DRC management has no conscience, they probably sleep very well.

Which all explains why the company is in trouble, losing business along with employees.

Not A Trustworthy Company. Unethical Practices

Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dynamics Research as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have contracts with good clients

Cons

Very unreliable company. The management only looks for money and they don't care for their employees. They put unethical pressure on employees to advance their business. Will never recommend this company to anyone.

Get rid of managers who are unprofessional and unethical before they irreparably damage the reputation of DRC

Very boring Job lots of on line training

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compressed work week every other Friday off

Cons

Check your brain at the door. Management is not interested in ideas to improve how they do things. Not enough work to be busy; great job for a very lazy person. Managers are young and inexperienced.

Reply to email!!! Employees need to feel they are valued. Stop the paranoia about your image and let employees connect with the customer to help create more business.

Management does not care about employees

Former Employee - Government Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Government Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at Dynamics Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No Pros at all for any type of work

Cons

Management does not care about employees
    No career opportunites
    Company Audited
    Salary poor
    No company culture or values

Listen to your employees
    offer better career growth opportunities
    Establish yourself as a trustworthy brand and place employees desire to work
    Give employees incentives

All aspects of the company show a blatant disinterest in employee retention; I have seen 20+ staff leave in six months.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dynamics Research

Pros

Easy parking, adequate benefits (not great)

Cons

General lack of communication from leadership to workers, lack of any consistent supervision or performance appraisal, lack of any sense of team or unity, lack of any sense of job security. The place is a revolving door with employees leaving constantly. There is no concern on part of supervisors/leaders, as all employees are considered highly expendable and replaceable. The bottom-line is all important. Not a good place to work at all!

Recognize that the most important resource is your employees and that having a happy and well integrated work force will ultimately lead to happier employees, improved work performance, satisfied clients and a stronger bottom line. This notion that employee turn-over doesn't eventually damage the company and the company's reputation is absurd. Washington DC is too small of a town and the fact is that the most highly qualified candidates will not consider working with a company with such a negative culture.

good people, difficult bureaucracy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Dynamics Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

DRC is excellent at hiring new talent

Cons

It's difficult to adjust your salary as you rise in the company, they lose talent due to this issue.

A job, not a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dynamics Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good stepping stone to a career with a good company.

Cons

When customer management complained to me about DRC PM work ethic, I went to PM, then local office director. Was informed I'd been "downsized" within 30 days. Prime then cut PM hours to zero & hired me. DRC expands by buying other companies, not by growing internally.

The world doesn't rotate around Andover. Support staff (expense claims, HR) universally annoyed when asked questions ("When will my expense report be paid?").

Trying to get out now

I have been working at Dynamics Research

Pros

Relaxed culture and flexible work locations. People are very nice and helpful. Systems are improving but most lack maturity. Mid-level management is accessible.

Cons

Bonuses and pay are sub-par for industry/location. Siloed divisions. Mediocre benefits. Poor corporate internal communications.

Manipulative and Dishonest

Former Employee - Program Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at Dynamics Research

Pros

Interesting / Quality Work for Important Clients
    Schedule Flexibility for Family Time When Required
    Some Good Individuals
    Comperable Benefits and Pay

Cons

Was promised a dual role during the interview process ... part client facing, part corporate business development. After 4 months, it became clear they had no intention of honoring their committment on the business development front. Very Disappointing.

Understand that respecting your employees means telling them the truth upfront and not forcing them to query, push and pull to get an honest answer.