E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

E*TRADE Financial Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Paul T. Idzik

Pros
  • Etrade values work life balance and offers opportunities to advance in your career path (in 16 reviews)

• The Series 7 and 63 training is free and useful in other jobs (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • could improve in employee work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Call center work can eventually wear on an individual (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights
9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Lots of New Life

User Experience (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExciting and challenging projects underway to modernize the company. Leadership is supportive of ambition and knows they should think big.

ConsSometimes there are a lack of processes and also a lack of speed in modernization efforts. As a result, some change feels slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up on following through.

Good experience

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood mentorship from employees and a good support system. fast paced and it requires you to make sure you are willing to adapt to your surroundings.

Consthe downside is the micromanagement on the lower service teams. it is more of a political game when it coms to promotion. several individuals come to this company with year soy experience and i feel they are belittled.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more.

No direction, little room to grow, poor innovation

Product Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDepending on the group, coworkers are great and are trying to improve this company. A bunch of smart people there, but not necessarily in the right positions

ConsPay is average at best, difficult to grow because middle management does nothing and everyone doing the work will just leave for a better opportunity. Lots of turnover, get sucked into the same work with hardly much innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementStay organized and have an ear to those grinding day to day. Don't push meetings all the time, make time for your team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst People Ever!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can steal from people (if you are into that) Well, really you are forced into it, so if you work CSR for etrade you are going to be lying to customers frequently.

ConsYou are forced to steal from people. If you speak fluent english you are going to have a hard time finding someone to talk with or making friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop stealing from people. You are all crooks and thieves! Give some help when employees ask for it! Stop focusing on stealing from customers and focus on customer service!

I had an amazing tenure at E*TRADE. Lots of opportunities to work with amazing people and projects.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible work schedule, and depending on your team, the opportunity to work on good, visible projects.

ConsConstantly changing. They had more than 6 CEO's and numerous changes in their "vision" and management. If you can't weather the storm and you're not aligned with the right people, your screwed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. E*TRADE has the roots to make a great company but the revolving door of CEO's and upper management are the company's own enemy.

Run from this place. The culture will eat your soul.

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOK benefits, nothing special. Cafeteria in building. Nice location in midtown. Company sounds cool on a resume.

ConsNever experienced such a hostile work environment in all of my career. Culture of every man for himself and zero accountability. Peter Principle in full effect here. Majority of employees find themselves in the middle of the "blame game", having to constantly defend themselves from verbally abusive coworkers. Some of these known repeat offenders are completely out of control. HR mentality seems to encourage this behavior. People with real skill and talent will never be rewarded at this company. Morale is low, heads are down, and people avoid eye contact. Stress is high, tension is thick, and good people jump ship at the first opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLongevity does not equate to capability. The whole of the executive suite is a nightmare to deal with- from the laughably incompetent secretaries to the disconnected executives who clearly only care about their paychecks. This trickle down effect sets the tone for the rest of the office, and is unfortunately making the company a very unpleasant place to work.

Great learning experience to help the next company

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsManagement has everyone a bit confused.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople really do want to exceed here. You need to let them.

Relationship Manager

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat place to get some experience and then move on. People are generally nice to work with.

ConsSystems systems systems. For a company that prides itself on technology ETrade has more system issues than any company I've ever seen. Embarassing plain and simple.

Some managers are severly unqualified and lack graduate degrees. Promotions are based on friendship and not merit in many departments. Professionalism is not exactly the strong suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

Good place to work, although work/life balance can be a challenge.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExciting, dynamic, and challenging place to work. Worked with a lot of smart, intelligent, motivated people. You will be rewarded when taking on additional responsibilities while continuing to perform at a high level.

ConsWork/life balance can be a bit difficult at times. I definitely felt that people who knew how to play the game, but were by no means all-stars, were unfairly rewarded and promoted over smarter, harder working, higher performing employees who were less socially savvy.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!