E-Z-GO Reviews

Kevin Holleran

1. Line leader/ Assembler

Former Employee - EZGO in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - EZGO in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To be able to move be quickly and make sure your production line is safe is a huge achievement for me

Cons

The only downside I have is when the line stops because something needs repairing or backed up

Advice to Management

Always be on time, no injuries, no call in or step outs, and most importantly do your job supportively and safely

2. Very unprofessional

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to meet some of the best people on earth.

Cons

The management team were very unprofessional in everything they did, They treated the work place like high school. There were constantly gossip and drama among management and regular employees.

Advice to Management

Hire professional managers who do not bring personal life into the workplace.

3. Service

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job with a lot of freedom

Cons

a lot of paperwork to do weekly

Advice to Management

automate more things

5. Sales development

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time

Pros

With sales there's a lot of traveling involved, however, I knew that going in. I enjoyed my life on the road during the time that I worked there.

Cons

The job is very demanding and I was away from my family a great deal, which is part of the reason I left the position.

6. Sales Development Program

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO

Pros

Lots of travel with great opportunities but you live out of a suitcase and it is very demanding with no real time for personal life.

Cons

The program has flaws and lack of organization. You are also required to travel/work on the weekends with no compensation for overtime. Constantly traveling and no real time to make friends

Advice to Management

Better organization and more responsibility and tasks for participants

7. Engineer

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer

I worked at E-Z-GO

Pros

I cannot think of any. Nada, Zero, Goose egg! NONE!!!

Cons

Terrible work culture, micro management at its best, finger pointing everywhere. You pretty much have to be ruthless to survive here.

Advice to Management

Please change your work culture if you want any decent people to work for you. And keep an eye on managers that likes to micro manage. Nobody like them.

8. engineering intern

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO

Pros

great to work for good people and fun work. would recommend for any students looking to gain hand on experience with real world applications

Cons

Having not lived in the area before it was difficult to afford housing on the intern salary given the previous expenses back at college as well as cost of living

9. Solid company. Some political nuances as you would expect at any other company at its size.

I have been working at E-Z-GO

Pros

Hard working, outgoing employees that are willing to help new employees understand the products, systems, and culture.

Cons

You must befriend middle to upper management to move up or jump business units; good thing Textron has a large portfolio.

Advice to Management

Recognize the workhorses and promote according to abilities not metrics. If not the turn over rate is going to spike.

10. My experience has be challenging and rewarding. Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Team Lead in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EZGO is transitioning and growing company. While it is rooted in history of the original golf car there is also a hunger to move forward and capture other segments in the marketplace.

Cons

Given EZGO's rich history, sometimes it can be difficult to get people out of the mind set of "well that's just the way we have always done it".

Advice to Management

Continue to push employees to be apart of the whole program. get as much insight from the people on the front line. encourage accountability on all levels.

Great Golf History, a Lot of Great People, Good Product Produced, Terrible Work Place Culture

Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time

Pros

A good company trying to break out of just being a best in class golf cart producer. They are growing through acquisition and this will provide new opportunities within the company. If you rate within their “talent” pipeline then there are decent career opportunities both within E-Z-GO and their parent corporation, Textron. If you enjoy constant challenge it is a good environment in that aspect. Compensation is above average for the area. The great people at E-Z-GO are what make this company what it is today.

Cons

E-Z-GO is bleeding talent in my opinion for two reasons: 1. It's adherence to Textron's talent management process. "Stack ranking" or "rank and yank" (made vastly popular in the 80's by GE) isn't the en vogue motivational tool it used to be. Even GE has moved away from it and more toward team building. If you’re not rated as “talent” here then be prepared for what could be a one strike and you’re out experience. 2. The "culture of blame" that is ever present under the guise of "culture of accountability". There is a very fine line between the two. I don't believe that I've ever been in a root cause analysis session that didn't end with "who's responsible for this?" instead of "what can we do differently next time?". Even if someone did vocalize it correctly the intent seemed to angle toward assigning blame.

Advice to Management

E-Z-GO in and of itself is a fine company, certainly one of the best in Augusta, GA. Break the culture of blame that is present and work with Textron to establish a different talent management model (preferably one that supports team building). The company isn’t large enough to support the old GE 20-70-10, rank and yank model. It most likely won’t be sustainable long term as it is leading to a destructive, competitive environment.

RSS Feed </> Embed