E-Z-GO Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014

Kevin Holleran

Great organization, I am an "EZGO"er for life (as long as they will have me).

Current Employee - Engineer, ISC in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer, ISC in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the environment. Great people to grow alongside and bounce ideas off of and interactions among departments is very professional and clean. Alot if not all of the Senior Leadership Team members are very open and down to earth. Lots of opportunities for internal promotions.

Cons

There are certain positions occupied by folks who seem to have gotten there based on seniority. However as the company grows, that con is definitely becoming less and less apparent.

We could differentiate our product offerings more boldly. All in all though management is doing an excellent job of promoting growth. Very professional and down to earth folks in SLT.

Great Golf History, a Lot of Great People, Good Product Produced, Terrible Work Place Culture

Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time

Pros

A good company trying to break out of just being a best in class golf cart producer. They are growing through acquisition and this will provide new opportunities within the company. If you rate within their “talent” pipeline then there are decent career opportunities both within E-Z-GO and their parent corporation, Textron. If you enjoy constant challenge it is a good environment in that aspect. Compensation is above average for the area.

The great people at E-Z-GO are what make this company what it is today.

Cons

E-Z-GO is bleeding talent in my opinion for two reasons:
    1. It's adherence to Textron's talent management process. "Stack ranking" or "rank and yank" (made vastly popular in the 80's by GE) isn't the en vogue motivational tool it used to be. Even GE has moved away from it and more toward team building. If you’re not rated as “talent” here then be prepared for what could be a one strike and you’re out experience.
    2. The "culture of blame" that is ever present under the guise of "culture of accountability". There is a very fine line between the two. I don't believe that I've ever been in a root cause analysis session that didn't end with "who's responsible for this?" instead of "what can we do differently next time?". Even if someone did vocalize it correctly the intent seemed to angle toward assigning blame.

E-Z-GO in and of itself is a fine company, certainly one of the best in Augusta, GA.

Break the culture of blame that is present and work with Textron to establish a different talent management model (preferably one that supports team building). The company isn’t large enough to support the old GE 20-70-10, rank and yank model. It most likely won’t be sustainable long term as it is leading to a destructive, competitive environment.

If you have any dignity do not go to work for Parts and Accessories Ecommerce in Augusta GA

Current Employee - Ecommerce Content Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Ecommerce Content Specialist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time

Pros

Seems to be a good place to work with good people for the most part. Most people are ready to help and work together as a team. If you get a different manager it could possibly be a good job but upper management has to hear the yelling and downgrading from this particular section so maybe not.

Cons

Manager is abusive and does not give direction on tasks but pushes to get everything done fast. Expects you to work through lunch and overtime and is rude about it.

Look at the website. Shut down shopezgo.com until it looks like a company website instead of a high school project. Fix what's already there before adding more content. Don't start the Pro-Fit website until shopezgo.com is fixed. Don't have one employee trying to do the job of three people. Don't allow employees to be yelled at and downgraded.

Dont work here

Former Employee - Team Member in Lawton, OK
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lawton, OK

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no positive i can say.

Cons

I had a work scheduling issue come up after several times to the manager to fix it i was forced into quiting

Treat your employers like they are people and try caring about them

Chaos

I worked at E-Z-GO

Pros

Older employees are very good here. Very loyal, and they hope management will achieve better results and greatly improve communication, but they do not speak up.

Cons

Management is weak at best

Retire

It is a physical job

Former Employee - Assembler in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Assembler in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well, it's very beneficial, and they have a cafeteria with the bests cooks ever

Cons

The shifts you work may be outrageous. It's alot of chemicals.

Try to get in good with the authority...it can make your job that much easier

Good company with great coworkers

Current Employee - Value Stream Product Role in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Value Stream Product Role in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, family feel, seems to be turning around after a tough period. I don't agree with bitter, negative comments on here about Kevin Holleran and Mike Parkhurst. They are talented, respectable leaders.

Cons

Value streams create silos at times, some Director/VP level associates are not ready for prime time. Need to take product quality a little more seriously.

Having a customer focus is good, but you are still a little too sales driven (vs brand driven). Get more strategic/less tactical if you want to take it to the next level. Let people execute and hold them accountable. SLT is too involved in daily issues.

Great Company, Great Experience

I worked at E-Z-GO as an intern

Pros

Great people and very relaxed work environment.

Cons

Augusta is not the best location

A means to an end, good ideas but micromanagment

I worked at E-Z-GO

Pros

good products, colleagues nice, busy days, time flew by

Cons

Micromanagement, not giving credit for ideas, long days, busy work

Determine if micromanagement is worth losing good people

Historically, a good company with good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees still care about the customers.

Cons

Corporate arrogance alienates good customers.

The customer will always be King.