E2open Reviews

Reset
2.9
E2open President & CEO Mark Woodward
Mark Woodward

1. Great company. Friendly people to work with.

I have been working at E2open full-time

Pros

People are friendly to work with here. Good and flexible environment for people with family.

Cons

Some of the processes and management are a bit old school.

2. There are problems

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at E2open full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the hardest working and patient people I've ever worked with. The staff tried very hard to do what was asked and were very motivated up until a couple of years back. There are some very smart people at the company but their ranks are dwindling.

Cons

So many to list. Recent acquisition by private equity firm, hostile and negative leadership. There are too many managers and no leaders. All the leaders with a positive vision and attitude are gone. Staff is blamed for current woes and the message to them from leadership is "shape up". Innovation and creativity are now stifled in the interest of cost control and complex reporting and processes.

People are burnt out and pessimistic about the future. No clear vision or strategy but there are a lot of puffed up executives who think they have all the answers. It's a "my way or the highway" scenario. They pull out tricks from old style command and control management play books from the 60s and 70s. They do not listen to anyone. Lots of tired platitudes about how "we can do better" when they don't seem to realize that everything they suggest has already been tried. Current execs will do or say anything to curry favor with the leadership team brought in by the private equity firm.

No real strategy with changes in direction every few months.

Very few people are happy or satisfied with the culture and work. Lots of politics and backstabbing. People who never had anything to offer over the years are pumping themselves and have convinced management they have all the answers. Some are being promoted without any demonstrated results in a desperate attempt to hang on to technical staff.

Product is dated, recent acquisitions were ill advised and costly. I think it will take too much money to turn things around.

I honestly don't know what the plan is by the PE firm - seems like they may just want to cut costs to try to show profitability over the next year or two then sell at a profit. Either way, it means a difficult environment for employees.

Advice to Management

None because they are just going to do what they want as they clearly communicated in the last couple of months.

Mixed

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at E2open full-time

Pros

High profile logo as clients, company solves interesting supply chain problem, product good when it is set up and works, some talented people, people work hard at the project level.

Cons

Last few years has been top heavy weak leadership and management resulting in over complicated organizational structure and poor performance. People work hard but half of that is complicated internal set up. Strategy changes every six months. No career opportunity - if you are good at something expect to do it forever.

Advice to Management

Time on NASDAQ was a failure resulting in recent new VC team. They need to keep purging people with big titles who add no value and staff up on engineers who serve customer.

Cookie Jar Closed

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at E2open full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We do solve very complex supply chain problems with a very powerful (and yes, it's old and needs to be updated) platform. Once we have engaged a customer they quickly see the depth and breadth of our product and people and we become a true partner.

Cons

Money was made by a very few people from the IPO, through the phase as a public company, and then a lot when we went private through accelerated RSUs. For a small group of people to walk away with tens of millions of dollars in an $80MM company (which has never - ever been profitable) is crazy, stupid, and wrong. Now the new management is cleaning house but at the expense of former management - especially the ex-CEO - who raided the cookie jar.

Advice to Management

#1 Update the platform so we can deliver on time
    #2 Update the platform so we can deliver on budget
    #3 Update the platform so customer love it

6. Marketing

I have been working at E2open

Pros

Nothing really good about the company

Cons

Old screwed up managment which led to bad acquisition

7. Confused Organization

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at E2open (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like everywhere else there are helpful people. When asked a question it will get answered. Nothing great I suppose.

Cons

Big picture, went Pvt & got bought by equity partners in last 2~3 mths, management clueless what the company shd be, sell licenses and everything else can GTH.
    The technology/platform is old and clunky, starting from the UI & the architecture sucks, PS org thinks big on process but is full of politics with top heavy management telling what to do instead of helping with issues that are created by silod approach between sales & execution. Touts collaboration as USP, but that's the biggest area of conning clients. There are better enterprise applications out there, E2Open lives in stoneage with cavemen running the show.

Advice to Management

Sell it or kill it and exit. The company is in existence since 2000. It cant be milked anymore.

Challenging, flexible, and smart company with lots of opportunity to improve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at E2open full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely smart team, flexible work schedule, fortune 500 customer base. Been public but going private again which means we can focus on product growth and customer success rather than only profit.

Cons

Acquisitions have limited the focus and product technologies are out-dated. Susceptible to emerging technologies and startups.

Advice to Management

Segment R&D into development (factory) and research (innovation) so we can grow the products. Urge customers to move technology to latest revisions to reduce maintenance and thrashing with multiple versions or, if they won't, move to PS support only.

9. E2open - Great work culture

I have been working at E2open

Pros

Best Places to Work in Texas

Cons

Resource Constraints; Short Project Lead Times

10. Good place to work for people looking for work-life balance

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at E2open full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible work culture with some very smart and motivated co workers. Interesting problems to solve. Great team work at the product level.

Cons

No opportunities/budget provided for technical training. Vision does not seem to translate into actions. Wide disparity in compensation.

Fun while it lasted...

I worked at E2open full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot to learn in supply chain, opportunities to understand and maybe solve some of the complex supply chain problems faced by large enterprises.Good work/life balance where some work very hard (but that crew is almost extinct now) and at their expense others that hardly work.

Cons

Services mindset all the way. Going-live and keeping lights-on has been motto. Technology and architecture are extremely outdated (even products acquired over the past year). All investment in building the network over the years has not paid off,wake up the market around you has moved on! Lot of big talk but nothing tangible has come out in the recent years. No integration between products, inability to conceive and build modular offerings, smart people with outdated skillsets.Top heavy, lots of people with big titles who contribute nothing to top/bottom line and have little accountability.Selective transparency top/down, lack of vision and determination to see through investments and inability to deliver to product roadmaps.

Advice to Management

For those in denial, both startups and established players are disrupting this space by solving the same problems in very different ways. You are not even in the ballpark on some of their offerings.The sweet spot (gaps between ERPs/MRPs is fast closing). It's a question of time before services margins start to shrink and lack of relevant products will result in being dropped out of the radar.

RSS Feed </> Embed