E3 Federal Solutions Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
13 reviews filtered by
4.4
Everett S. Johnson

1. Great company and great people!

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've always been impressed with the caliber of people that E3 has brought on. From college graduates to senior managers and directors, everyone I've come across had been excited to work here and are not afraid to work hard to make the company successful. Management is very approachable and positive. They expect a lot from their employees but are not overbearing. E3 preaches a work hard/ play hard mentality and I can tell you we do both. I really have appreciated my time here and have grown tremendously in all areas. Management spends a lot of time communicating, listening to feedback, and making the employee experience as enjoyable as possible. I hope to continue my advancement here as there are a lot of opportunities both on the delivery side and corporate.

Cons

Not really a con, but government contracting is non-stop business with delivery, capture, proposals, etc. E3 does it's best to promote work/life balance, but it's just a hard industry to have that separation.

Keep the employee experience as a central focus. You all have done a great job growing the company to this point and it sounds like everyone is focused on the same goals and initiatives. It's exciting to be apart of it so keep doing what you're doing. You have a loyal employee base which is hard to find these days.

Thumbs up for E3!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience at E3 has been very positive. The culture is very vibrant and the people are down-to-earth. Individuals are happy to support the company's goals and the company is supportive of their employees goals. This healthy, upbeat culture facilitates excellence for the company. They have great teams in place that do fantastic work.

Cons

E3 is a small company, so some of the things that an employee may take for granted at a larger company (for example, a 24 hour help desk), E3 clearly doesn't have....that said, I've never had any trouble getting the help I needed from anyone.

"Big Company Capability with Small Company Feel!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

E3 is a Veteran Owned Small Business that has experienced very positive and exceptional growth due to their reputation with customers, care of their employees, and willingness to correct issues that arise. As with most growing small businesses, there are growing pains, but the management at E3 has laid out a positive and encouraging strategic plan that will allow the company to succeed through the transition. As they grow, they have placed a huge focus on employee retention, hiring, and recognition, as evident through a formalized Integrated Talent Management program. They are committed to maintaining their quality workforce through performance recognition, and focus on new hires that really support the companies core values. There is definitely room for advancement, and the requirements to advance are clearly identified in both the ITM framework and Individual Development Plans. However, there are also limitations to advancement simply through the available positions...But, as the company grows, those opportunities become available...especially for those employees that have met the requirements for promotion.

All that said, the company is based and focused on its people. And when you are spread across the country, that always poses challenges. However, they are always seeking new ways to keep remote sites informed and integrated into the E3 team. Through social media, recurring updates from management, site visit, and special recognition during key events, they really try to make folks feel like they are not just a number in a big organization...and it is evident that as they grow, that remains a primary focus and solid foundation.

Work-life balance is very positive. Barring contract specific restrictions, tele-work is allowed and encouraged. Salaries are very competitive with similar jobs, and time-off is equivalent to industry standard. overall their compensation package is similar, or in some cases better, than some of the larger firms.

In Summary...strong, positive growing company with a small town, personal feel. From the first contact with the recruiters, through the interview and hiring process...they made me feel important.

Cons

Geographic diversity is a challenge to maintain contact with individuals at remote sites, but also opens opportunities to move within the company and enhance ways to maintain communication.

Maintain your focus on the people that make up E3

A Blueprint for Small Business: Experiences with E3

Current Employee - Junior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Junior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a former US Navy Veteran and a college grad, finding your way in the competitive job market is often a daunting task. It requires alot of effort on your part like the building of a resume, countless hours of research and if lucky the interview process. While I have heard all of the negatives about the job search, E3 Federal Solutions changed my mind and successfully proved that small business is indeed the way of new business ethics. Using a platform of universal acceptance and a natural talent for recruiting professionals, E3 sets the bar for those seeking to jumpstart their career or for season professionals continue to hone their craft. One of the fastest growing small businesses in contracting in the Washington D.C. and now I know why.

Cons

Well not a complaint but commuting in the Washington D.C. area can be a hassle for some. But this is a risk that a person is willing to take in a job-rich enviroment.

Keep up the great work. As a new employee with E3, I have been impressed with your company from the get-go.

My manager stabbed me in the back because I am a Republican

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They offer high starting salaries to induce you to join.

Cons

The title is the gist of the review. I worked for E3 for 7 months. They offered me a high salary, 10% higher than my previous one, which I was earning at a very well known and large federal contractor, and where I was doing very well. I accepted their offer out of greed, as is so common in the DC area. What a mistake.
    About halfway through I asked my manager for his advice working with the client, since I felt they were unwilling to communicate with me. They changed my responsibility on the project without consulting me, or providing any other guidance - they simply looked right through me, and ignored or downplayed my contribution during the meetings.
    He said not to worry, all was fine. Little did I know they were already planning to get rid of me, as soon as I finished a task I had started a few weeks earlier. After nearly six months there he told me the client wanted me to leave. Looking back I should have seen a lawyer, but I had decided to leave the federal consulting industry altogether by this time.
    Now, I will not claim I was perfect for the client or the project - they all walked around with their noses in the air, and Obama worship permeated much of the atmosphere. In spite of being a Republican, I NEVER talked politics, but there is no doubt in my mind this was behind their contempt for me and disdainful treatment.

There is not much you can say to sway the minds of hateful, politically prejudiced managers. I would say, inform your applicants that Republicans are unwelcome to work at E3.

E3 Federal Solutions Response

Dec 21, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are both surprised and sorry to hear about this negative experience you had with us. Please know that E3 does not promote this type of environment. We are ... More

Okay company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

company is growing and expanding operations. Good educational training programs.

Cons

No job security difficult to advance. Contracting is a very difficult job.

Try to understand workers needs more.

Good place to work

Former Contractor - Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at E3 Federal Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Growing company, good culture in the office

Cons

Government contracting can be dull

Keep it up

The best job of my career.

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

E3 Federal Solutions is a great company to work for as a complete career path. Management encourages growth and development and believes in investing in its employees. In the past 18 months with the company, I've witnessed the company launched several initiatives such as the Job Family roadmap, Mentorship program, HR monthly newsletter, HR biweekly hot topic webinars, CEO Monthly All Hands communications, and a company blog, managed entirely by a group of E3 volunteers. The CEO and President are approachable and value your input and feedback. Corporate frequently sends out surveys, hosts biweekly teleconferences, and conducts polls via the company Facebook page all in the effort to collect information and lend a voice its employees. The company went through massive growth recently. As with any company, expansion comes with growing pains and I commend the leadership team for handling it with grace and foresight. They care about keeping their employees connected with a sense of belonging to corporate at large regardless of where you are geographically located. The leadership team also holds its employees to the highest standards and E3 core values, providing constructive feedback throughout the calendar year on a consistent basis. My coworkers are amazing. I am encouraged by their passion for their job and the company to do my absolute best each day. On the play front, E3 just concluded a company-wide Selfie Contest and put up a map of the US that shows E3 faces across the country. A community service project organized at the grassroots level is also on the October calendar. If you're someone that values a close-knit community and a sense of purpose at work, E3 is the company for you.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind as a con.

Continue to listen to your employees actively and energize them to be productive.

10. Great place to work.

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions

Pros

The work culture is positive and extremely rewarding. Management is invested in the employees by providing various types of training suiting one’s interests, offering multiple opportunities for advancement, and understanding work-life balance. Great place to work offering a strong platform for personal and professional growth.

Cons

there are some growing pains as company gets bigger; these will be overcome as its expected

Best career move I ever made

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Lots of upward mobility
    -Positive work culture and great energy
    -Contracts with high visibility
    -management values co-workers (the company actually carried it's furloughed employees for 2 weeks)
    -provide fitness boot camps for workers
    -Hottest small business govt contracting company in the northern va area right now

Cons

I wish I lived closer

Keep on valuing your employees, it makes us want to stay.