E3 Federal Solutions Reviews

4.4
Everett S. Johnson

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Close Interaction with Senior Leadership
    Fast Paced
    Growing
    Emphasis on Professional Growth
    Tuition/Certification Reimbursement
    Focus on Philanthropy (E3 Cares)
    Fun Work Environment
    Many Opportunities for Advancement
    Intra-Company Moves Favored
    This is honestly the best firm that I've ever worked for. They really make you feel like you're part of the team and family. Their is a specific culture and set of values that they foster and help engrain in all of the people who work here.

Cons

If you are not motivated or a self-starter this may not be the right environment for you as people push each other everyday and a friendly yet competitive nature permeates throughout the entire organization.

Advice to Management

Be more clear about the path for advancement for all employees.

Jul 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the advice and although we've already made strides to our internal transfer process, this is good to know! We are implementing an pre-recorded employee ... More

2. Analyst

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions

Pros

Great opportunities to advance
    Mentor Program is amazing
    Lots of exposure to other areas

Cons

Long hours and competitive client environment

Advice to Management

Keep going the extra mile. It makes a huge difference!

New to Comapany

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions

Pros

Family atmosphere.
    Staff genuinely care about employees.
    Stress personal improvement and Growth

Cons

I dont have any gripes about the company. I have been with other agencies and have never felt the warmth and sincerity that I feel with E3.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Great professional and friendly staff. This make employees want to go the extra mile.

5. Great Perks, Dismal Pay

Former Employee - Financial Analyst (PPM) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst (PPM) in Washington, DC

I worked at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home was the best part of this job along with the people. I would go back in a second to have that cushy lifestyle if it weren't for the cons. It's definitely a starter job, nothing more than that.

Cons

No increase in pay to employees who actually matter. Management seems to only want to reward headquarters employees. Pay increases were so beyond disappointing this year that I jumped ship immediately. No where to move up within the company and no chances of competitive pay increases.

Advice to Management

Stop spreading the wealth only to HQ employees. You are definitely over staffed over there which causes contract employees to not receive their fair share of the wealth due to the overhead costs. Contract employees are all that really matter in your business so why don't you at least listen to them and try to keep them happy over HQ employees.

Jul 1, 2015HR Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Thank you for addressing your concerns. We would definitely like to opportunity to learn more about your experience at E3 as it can help us ... More

Growing company trying to innovate and brake the mold of professional service body shops around the Federal workspace.

I worked at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

E3 has a management structure that seems to care and wants to provide solutions to clients not just bodies. The diversity of contracts is nice.

Cons

Typical growing pains, more process implementations lose some flexibility. Some clients are difficult as to be expected in professional services; government contracting.

May 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of E3. We are happy to hear you are having a good experience as an employee. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to reach out to ... More

7. Good place to work for recent college graduate

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is excellent
    Good 401K plan

Cons

Individual growth
    Salary is low
    Lack of flexibility
    Lack of respect for employees
    Not enough money for training and education
    Job growth depends on the individal employee's support of corporate

May 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you very much for providing your feedback. Each year we conduct a benefits survey (Fall) and general employee survey (winter) to obtain feedback, suggestions and recommendations from our ... More

Very Diverse Company

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions

Pros

Diversified market position poised for growth. Management and culture is fresh and unique. Paying employees during the gov't furlough was a big indication of the management's style and priorities.

Cons

The industry of professional services can sometimes be driven too much by the client. This makes it difficult for some managers to really build their own teams.

May 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working for E3. If you have ideas or suggestions regarding your comment in the cons section, please reach out to us at ... More

Great company and great people!

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've always been impressed with the caliber of people that E3 has brought on. From college graduates to senior managers and directors, everyone I've come across had been excited to work here and are not afraid to work hard to make the company successful. Management is very approachable and positive. They expect a lot from their employees but are not overbearing. E3 preaches a work hard/ play hard mentality and I can tell you we do both. I really have appreciated my time here and have grown tremendously in all areas. Management spends a lot of time communicating, listening to feedback, and making the employee experience as enjoyable as possible. I hope to continue my advancement here as there are a lot of opportunities both on the delivery side and corporate.

Cons

Not really a con, but government contracting is non-stop business with delivery, capture, proposals, etc. E3 does it's best to promote work/life balance, but it's just a hard industry to have that separation.

Advice to Management

Keep the employee experience as a central focus. You all have done a great job growing the company to this point and it sounds like everyone is focused on the same goals and initiatives. It's exciting to be apart of it so keep doing what you're doing. You have a loyal employee base which is hard to find these days.

Jul 1, 2015HR Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are also happy to hear your feedback and enthusiasm about E3. Your advice about keeping the employee experience a central focus is a key ... More

Thumbs up for E3!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at E3 has been very positive. The culture is very vibrant and the people are down-to-earth. Individuals are happy to support the company's goals and the company is supportive of their employees goals. This healthy, upbeat culture facilitates excellence for the company. They have great teams in place that do fantastic work.

Cons

E3 is a small company, so some of the things that an employee may take for granted at a larger company (for example, a 24 hour help desk), E3 clearly doesn't have....that said, I've never had any trouble getting the help I needed from anyone.

Jul 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to complete this. We are happy to hear your experience has been positive. Employees are the key to our success and the more we ... More

"Big Company Capability with Small Company Feel!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at E3 Federal Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

E3 is a Veteran Owned Small Business that has experienced very positive and exceptional growth due to their reputation with customers, care of their employees, and willingness to correct issues that arise. As with most growing small businesses, there are growing pains, but the management at E3 has laid out a positive and encouraging strategic plan that will allow the company to succeed through the transition. As they grow, they have placed a huge focus on employee retention, hiring, and recognition, as evident through a formalized Integrated Talent Management program. They are committed to maintaining their quality workforce through performance recognition, and focus on new hires that really support the companies core values. There is definitely room for advancement, and the requirements to advance are clearly identified in both the ITM framework and Individual Development Plans. However, there are also limitations to advancement simply through the available positions...But, as the company grows, those opportunities become available...especially for those employees that have met the requirements for promotion.

All that said, the company is based and focused on its people. And when you are spread across the country, that always poses challenges. However, they are always seeking new ways to keep remote sites informed and integrated into the E3 team. Through social media, recurring updates from management, site visit, and special recognition during key events, they really try to make folks feel like they are not just a number in a big organization...and it is evident that as they grow, that remains a primary focus and solid foundation.

Work-life balance is very positive. Barring contract specific restrictions, tele-work is allowed and encouraged. Salaries are very competitive with similar jobs, and time-off is equivalent to industry standard. overall their compensation package is similar, or in some cases better, than some of the larger firms.

In Summary...strong, positive growing company with a small town, personal feel. From the first contact with the recruiters, through the interview and hiring process...they made me feel important.

Cons

Geographic diversity is a challenge to maintain contact with individuals at remote sites, but also opens opportunities to move within the company and enhance ways to maintain communication.

Advice to Management

Maintain your focus on the people that make up E3

RSS Feed </> Embed