EAGLE Productivity Solutions

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Cannan

Good training program for Content Leads, but application varies by project and client.

Content Lead/Solutions Developer (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsLiked training I received and people I worked with. Great chance to learn instructional design writing and how to deliver various deliverables. Good products. Treated like a grown-up and not micromanaged.

ConsLots of down time when you have no client projects. Poor business management lead to a lot of layoffs all over the company. Disappointed that I couldn't complete my training and gain more experience. They're still working on trying to regulate the workflow so all employees have work and no one is overburdened. Trainers are in separate building, so creates an us vs. them mentality for the writers, which isn't healthy. Okay job if you prefer contract work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're doing a great job of training people to work for other companies instead of retaining employees. If they cut down on travel expenses, may be able to keep folks on salary.

The right company for the right person

ProsCollaborative energized environment. Growth is only limited by the individual. If you are willing to invest Eagle will become a second family. For the right individual it can provide tremendous experience in a a variety of disciplines.

ConsProfessional growth tapers at management level due to size. If you are an individual that needs structure, guidance or predictability, Eagle is not for you. Still figuring out how to empower the newer middle management.

Management, not customer, driven

Casual (Contract) Writer (Former Employee)

ProsPractice training techniques

Learn about the pharmaceutical rep's job

ConsAccount managers sign contracts with customers saying there can be 80% reuse of current materials knowing full well that is far from the truth. I heard at a meeting, "Will take the contract day by day and when we get near the deadline will tell the customer that it was much more work than expected."

Managers cannot manage work load. As a contract writer, I was told I would have 40 hours/week for the next month one day and was told the next day there would be no work for a while. Individuals are called in and then find there is no work for them.

Eagle hires an individual and in a month lets them go. They don't have a handle on what qualifications they really need.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe your customers are catching on to your business methods and are no longer being fooled.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unfulfilled promises - ultimately a disappointment

Writer/COntent Lead/Solutions Developer (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsThe biggest pro is what the company is striving to be - successful, significant growth potential,etc. The people that actually do the grunt-work (managers and supervisors aside - no one knows what they do exactly) are the most wonderful and talented people you could hope to work with (they just won't be there for very long).

ConsWhat Eagle leadership says that the company values, is not reflected in actual practice. Contrary to what employees are told - creativity is not valued even when "encouraged" (it is stifled), as some of the other reviewers have mentioned there is little to no respect for work/life balance (unless you are in management), there is no clear path to promotion in the company. A lot of unnecessary chaos and confusion arose on virtually ever project I was a part of - it wasn't clear who to report to, management was usually in the dark as to the particulars of a given project (and were thus not able to act as guidance or a resource), many of the managers had less experience than the writers and developers tasked with actually delivering the work. Little or nothing in the way of valuable professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe scorched earth policy with regards to employee turn-over can't go on forever. Even in this poor economy, sooner or later you will be scraping the very bottom. I have never worked in a place where more wonderful, enthusiastic, capable, and talented people are either over-worked and burned out, or simply discarded. Some thought might want to go in looking to live up to the promises of potential made to employees who dedicated massive amounts of time and stress to deliver on Eagle's promises to clients.

be your own boss

Senior Trainer (Former Employee)

Proscompensation & freedom was fair. never micro-managed.

Consgotta hit a moving target... challenging learning environment. not a clear chain of command (NO org chart on the wall)

Good people good work

Prosgood teamwork generally reasonable amount of work to do

Consmany comings and goings, not always stable employment

Overall a good experience and huge learning curve when first joining the company.

Trainer (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsThey teach you what you need to know to be successful in front of the client. A great job if you are a self starter, definitely takes you to the next level ready for your next job.

ConsLack of communication between areas, too many chiefs, too much word of mouth. Very little guidance going forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees, treat casual employees the same as you would full time employees. Praise your employees accordingly. Learn from and practice what you preach to clients. ie: best practices. Remember and deliver on what you promise to employees

Fast moving. Maybe too fast at times.

ProsOpportunity for growth. Opportunity to make your voice heard. Relative flexibility with hours and working at home for full time employees. Opportunities for travel. Cutting edge training ideas. Hours can be long, but company generally pays for meals and takes this into consideration.

ConsNo formal wage/salary review. No salary guidelines leading to a employees getting a huge range for the same position. Salaries tend to be under market. Terrible PTO options for full time hires with less than 10 days off a year to start. Internal training is not organized and sometimes non existent. Projects are often priced to move, leaving them short staffed and short on time leading to unrealistic timelines. Infrastructure is hurting without enough room for people to sit/network connectivity issues. Upper management does not seem willing to pay people for different skill sets leading to a "flat" title for writers and developers, instead insisting that everyone is the same. As a result, certain skill sets go to waste.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the company is going to "act big" it needs to BE big and expand its facilities, improve the network, and staff projects to do the work. Most of all, stop underselling our services.

Great Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFast-paced; great management; dynamic products and lots of interaction with clients; good compensation

ConsGrowing pains = long hours and limited resources when needed in a crunch; processes and policies not always consistent even though they are defined; rapidly changing priorities; lack of formal training for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff up and be more respectful of employees home/work balance; train your own people as well as you train your clients'

Sr. Trainer-Casual

Causual Trainer (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsIf you have a full time job, this is a GREAT opportunity to make money on the side. The culture is very welcoming. No job is perfect, but there are many in the training department-and other departments that are willing to help. The travel is fun, and the company is growing.

ConsIf you have a full time job, you cannot particiate in as much of the training as others.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep growing and right sizing the company.

Worked for EAGLE Productivity Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EAGLE Productivity Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EAGLE Productivity Solutions CEO Bob Cannan. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by EAGLE Productivity Solutions employees.