EAGLE Productivity Solutions

EAGLE Productivity Solutions Reviews

Updated July 23, 2014
Updated July 23, 2014

Bob Cannan

Good training program for Content Leads, but application varies by project and client.

Former Employee - Content Lead/Solutions Developer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Content Lead/Solutions Developer in Rochester, NY

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Liked training I received and people I worked with. Great chance to learn instructional design writing and how to deliver various deliverables. Good products. Treated like a grown-up and not micromanaged.

Cons

Lots of down time when you have no client projects. Poor business management lead to a lot of layoffs all over the company. Disappointed that I couldn't complete my training and gain more experience. They're still working on trying to regulate the workflow so all employees have work and no one is overburdened. Trainers are in separate building, so creates an us vs. them mentality for the writers, which isn't healthy. Okay job if you prefer contract work.

They're doing a great job of training people to work for other companies instead of retaining employees. If they cut down on travel expenses, may be able to keep folks on salary.

Idealistic & dynamic, but lacking

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Trainer in Rochester, NY

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work had the potential to be exciting with big projects and great content. At one point while I was there all of the employees got the entire week of Christmas off, paid AND a bonus. The CEO is an incredibly dynamic person who deeply values individuals who are willing to work hard. He is a brilliant motivational speaker. Lots of nice people. Trainers were encouraged to think outside the box to hold interest.

Cons

Often, time off was denied. Promotions seemed to come on a whim. There were some terrific people there, but it was very clique-y; if you were out of the group, you were eventually pushed out. The gap between writers and trainers seemed to be ever-expanding, which made for some difficult role outs. There were definite dry spells between projects at times, which always seemed to mean layoffs. As is the case with small companies, there was a good amount of nepotism.

Despite how much I personally like the CEO and how brilliant he was at being a motivational leader, he also could be idealistic to the degree that at times he seemed completely out of touch with the day to day working of a particular project, and certainly the people in lower level jobs. Given that it isn't a huge company, that had a definite impact on morale with some individuals. Currying favor so that vacation was granted (or you could avoid a layoff) was something I saw a lot of, and it was hard to watch great people get passed over because they were too busy working to spend time getting in with management.

The right company for the right person

I have been working at EAGLE Productivity Solutions

Pros

Collaborative energized environment. Growth is only limited by the individual. If you are willing to invest Eagle will become a second family. For the right individual it can provide tremendous experience in a a variety of disciplines.

Cons

Professional growth tapers at management level due to size. If you are an individual that needs structure, guidance or predictability, Eagle is not for you. Still figuring out how to empower the newer middle management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unfulfilled promises - ultimately a disappointment

Former Employee - Writer/COntent Lead/Solutions Developer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Writer/COntent Lead/Solutions Developer in Rochester, NY

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The biggest pro is what the company is striving to be - successful, significant growth potential,etc. The people that actually do the grunt-work (managers and supervisors aside - no one knows what they do exactly) are the most wonderful and talented people you could hope to work with (they just won't be there for very long).

Cons

What Eagle leadership says that the company values, is not reflected in actual practice. Contrary to what employees are told - creativity is not valued even when "encouraged" (it is stifled), as some of the other reviewers have mentioned there is little to no respect for work/life balance (unless you are in management), there is no clear path to promotion in the company. A lot of unnecessary chaos and confusion arose on virtually ever project I was a part of - it wasn't clear who to report to, management was usually in the dark as to the particulars of a given project (and were thus not able to act as guidance or a resource), many of the managers had less experience than the writers and developers tasked with actually delivering the work. Little or nothing in the way of valuable professional development.

The scorched earth policy with regards to employee turn-over can't go on forever. Even in this poor economy, sooner or later you will be scraping the very bottom. I have never worked in a place where more wonderful, enthusiastic, capable, and talented people are either over-worked and burned out, or simply discarded. Some thought might want to go in looking to live up to the promises of potential made to employees who dedicated massive amounts of time and stress to deliver on Eagle's promises to clients.

be your own boss

Former Employee - Senior Trainer
    Former Employee - Senior Trainer

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

compensation & freedom was fair. never micro-managed.

Cons

gotta hit a moving target... challenging learning environment. not a clear chain of command (NO org chart on the wall)

Management, not customer, driven

Former Employee - Casual (Contract) Writer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Casual (Contract) Writer in Rochester, NY

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Practice training techniques

Learn about the pharmaceutical rep's job

Cons

Account managers sign contracts with customers saying there can be 80% reuse of current materials knowing full well that is far from the truth. I heard at a meeting, "Will take the contract day by day and when we get near the deadline will tell the customer that it was much more work than expected."

Managers cannot manage work load. As a contract writer, I was told I would have 40 hours/week for the next month one day and was told the next day there would be no work for a while. Individuals are called in and then find there is no work for them.

Eagle hires an individual and in a month lets them go. They don't have a handle on what qualifications they really need.

I believe your customers are catching on to your business methods and are no longer being fooled.

Overall a good experience and huge learning curve when first joining the company.

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Trainer in Rochester, NY

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They teach you what you need to know to be successful in front of the client. A great job if you are a self starter, definitely takes you to the next level ready for your next job.

Cons

Lack of communication between areas, too many chiefs, too much word of mouth. Very little guidance going forward.

Communicate with your employees, treat casual employees the same as you would full time employees. Praise your employees accordingly. Learn from and practice what you preach to clients. ie: best practices. Remember and deliver on what you promise to employees

Good people good work

I have been working at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time

Pros

good teamwork generally reasonable amount of work to do

Cons

many comings and goings, not always stable employment

Fast moving. Maybe too fast at times.

I have been working at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth. Opportunity to make your voice heard. Relative flexibility with hours and working at home for full time employees. Opportunities for travel. Cutting edge training ideas. Hours can be long, but company generally pays for meals and takes this into consideration.

Cons

No formal wage/salary review. No salary guidelines leading to a employees getting a huge range for the same position. Salaries tend to be under market. Terrible PTO options for full time hires with less than 10 days off a year to start. Internal training is not organized and sometimes non existent. Projects are often priced to move, leaving them short staffed and short on time leading to unrealistic timelines. Infrastructure is hurting without enough room for people to sit/network connectivity issues. Upper management does not seem willing to pay people for different skill sets leading to a "flat" title for writers and developers, instead insisting that everyone is the same. As a result, certain skill sets go to waste.

If the company is going to "act big" it needs to BE big and expand its facilities, improve the network, and staff projects to do the work. Most of all, stop underselling our services.

Great Environment

I worked at EAGLE Productivity Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced; great management; dynamic products and lots of interaction with clients; good compensation

Cons

Growing pains = long hours and limited resources when needed in a crunch; processes and policies not always consistent even though they are defined; rapidly changing priorities; lack of formal training for employees

Staff up and be more respectful of employees home/work balance; train your own people as well as you train your clients'

Worked for EAGLE Productivity Solutions? Contribute to the Community!