EARNEST Partners

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul E. Viera

Great Company, Great Atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking amongst some of the most talented people in the industry, Great Pay. Ability to learn more than you would working for a bigger company. Great yearly compensation. Yearly firm "family" outings. CEO is very involved in the firm culture. As long as you get your job done correctly, you will never have a problem.

ConsNothing negative to report.

If you are willing to learn and go above and beyond, which we all should ....game on

(Current Employee)

ProsCo. is small, entrepreneurial and dynamic. There are not layers and layers of red tape to accomplish big ideas or goals

Conswe all have a lot expected of us...however, there is likely a direct correlation to its successes over many years now

I wouldn't work for this firm again and wouldn't recommend people to work there.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe offices are nice and the hours are reasonable. I never had to work after hours. The neighborhood is decent. It is reasonably safe. There is a park near by and many apartment rentals available. I can't think of anything else that are pros.

ConsEmployees had to take turns cleaning the kitchen. The employee turn over rates were high. Many people come and go within 1 year. No learning opportunity. The pay is not very good for some people. Someone had to get a second job at a supermarket.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first out-of-college job for resume building. Otherwise, keep looking elsewhere.

Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou get to wear a suit and tie to work. Every single day of the year. Regardless of how much you make.
    Great work/life balance. This is like a post office/government job. Working hard doesn't get you rewards.

Cons- Low Pay
    - Low Motivation
    - Very few advancement opportunities. Most people just come in for a year or two, or until they find another job. Only few departments, which all consist of "directors" are worth being in.. but most likely, you are better off working at a larger firm in Atlanta.
    - Company peddling same products. Even the investment/trading team has been turned into marketing (apologies... "product development") team. 100s of stocks, and only 10 people to keep track of all of them (actually, some "employees" are just listed on the website, very few people have actually seen them)? The company doesn't foresee what is going to happen to your investments in the future, it 'acts' after your investment have dropped. Which doesn't help customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand! Offering same products for ever, while trying to cut costs, rarely helps companies grow. At some point, your clients will catch on that you're charging them the yearly .75% for stocks you've held for 10 years...
    Treat your employees right. The firm is small enough to be able to do 'team building' activities more often than once a year.

cons and pros

Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosgood environment to learn, good for entry level

Consco-workers are cold, do not communictae much

Advice to Senior Managementbe closer to your employees. It would be nice

Worked for EARNEST Partners? Contribute to the Community!