EARNEST Partners

EARNEST Partners Reviews

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014

Paul E. Viera

Great Company, Great Atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time

Pros

Working amongst some of the most talented people in the industry, Great Pay. Ability to learn more than you would working for a bigger company. Great yearly compensation. Yearly firm "family" outings. CEO is very involved in the firm culture. As long as you get your job done correctly, you will never have a problem.

Cons

Nothing negative to report.

If you are willing to learn and go above and beyond, which we all should ....game on

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co. is small, entrepreneurial and dynamic. There are not layers and layers of red tape to accomplish big ideas or goals

Cons

we all have a lot expected of us...however, there is likely a direct correlation to its successes over many years now

I wouldn't work for this firm again and wouldn't recommend people to work there.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The offices are nice and the hours are reasonable. I never had to work after hours. The neighborhood is decent. It is reasonably safe. There is a park near by and many apartment rentals available. I can't think of anything else that are pros.

Cons

Employees had to take turns cleaning the kitchen. The employee turn over rates were high. Many people come and go within 1 year. No learning opportunity. The pay is not very good for some people. Someone had to get a second job at a supermarket.

Good luck.

Great first out-of-college job for resume building. Otherwise, keep looking elsewhere.

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EARNEST Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to wear a suit and tie to work. Every single day of the year. Regardless of how much you make.
    Great work/life balance. This is like a post office/government job. Working hard doesn't get you rewards.

Cons

- Low Pay
    - Low Motivation
    - Very few advancement opportunities. Most people just come in for a year or two, or until they find another job. Only few departments, which all consist of "directors" are worth being in.. but most likely, you are better off working at a larger firm in Atlanta.
    - Company peddling same products. Even the investment/trading team has been turned into marketing (apologies... "product development") team. 100s of stocks, and only 10 people to keep track of all of them (actually, some "employees" are just listed on the website, very few people have actually seen them)? The company doesn't foresee what is going to happen to your investments in the future, it 'acts' after your investment have dropped. Which doesn't help customers.

Expand! Offering same products for ever, while trying to cut costs, rarely helps companies grow. At some point, your clients will catch on that you're charging them the yearly .75% for stocks you've held for 10 years...
    Treat your employees right. The firm is small enough to be able to do 'team building' activities more often than once a year.

cons and pros

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at EARNEST Partners

Pros

good environment to learn, good for entry level

Cons

co-workers are cold, do not communictae much

be closer to your employees. It would be nice