EBI Consulting

Add Photos

Frank E. Previte

Great Experience.

Sales (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsLeadership is supportive of employees looking to take on more responsibility
    Flexible work schedule
    Commission available for most positions
    Company is in GROWTH mode

ConsCoffee isn't great but there is a starbucks around the corner
    There are 400+ employees, about half of the company works remotely so getting everyone on the same page can be difficult given there are so many remote employees

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people.
    Open more offices
    Encourage phone calls to emails

It's about commodity, and that's what it is all about.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsFamily owned, and you typically work from home. Other than that, there aren't really any positives about working for this company.

ConsThere are too many to list. The largest obstacle is that currently there are about 450 employees and the normal accompaniment of their work load should be about 800 employees. The typical workload is now running about an 80 hour work week, for which no one at any level is compensated. EBI will promise bonuses, but it would be foolish to count on these, because they never deliver.

To sum it up, there is very little work life balance, and if you only give 50 to 60 hours a week you will be harassed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at this point needs to start hiring, otherwise their standing in the field will diminish. There is a high level of burn out associated with all positions mainly because each employee is performing at least three different jobs.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Could be a great company

ProsNone really except for some nice employees

ConsWork life balance = not very good
    Salary/Bonuses = very low
    Opportunity = There is room to move. Don't expect a huge increase in salary
    Management = EBI hires good people who could manage well but are held back by poor leadership at the top
    leadership = this starts at the top and unfortunately the leadership is very weak at the top

Please refer to all the other reviews as well - very accurate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Staff Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsGaining a variety of experience. Exceptional people to work with. Always busy. No commute related expenses (i.e. gas, mileage, maintenance) and time better spent...not stuck in traffic. Management shows appreciation for good work and offers assistance when needed. EBI has an incredible staff of professionals who understand what it takes to work as a team without throwing others under the bus to climb the corporate ladder. I intend to stay with EBI for the remainder of my career.

ConsYou are expected to meet proejct credit goals within a typical 40 hour weeek. However, this is rarely possible so you end up working longer hours. Since pay bonuses/adjustments reflect meeting project credits (not hours worked), its difficult to get a decent bonus. Lower spectrum pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould consider revising individual pay according to specific local pay scales.

I worked at EBI Consulting

ProsGood company activities for employees

ConsEBI's culture is driven my snap decisions, an old school philosophy and a lack of understanding of how to treat people. In addition, poor management, poor overall company organization and awful communication rule the day. Compensation is not worth how this job will take over your life. i.e. the company knows full well there is a 60+ hour week expected of anyone they hire and an expect complete loyalty in return. Communication is just non existent, the company knows this and they choose to ignore it, which feeds directly into an extreme resistance to change.

All of this and more is going on at EBI. Though growing EBI is not setting itself up for any sustained success. The leadership of this family run company is too involved, as the company has 400 employees but is run like there is only 60. This company does not have the ability to get of their own way, which comes down on the employees in the form of poor compensation and long hours as they feel that is the path to productivity.

24/7 job expected to work all hours day/night and weekend. pump projects out like a assembly line.

Staff Scientist (Current Employee)

Prosyou don't have to get dressed up LOL

Conslong days and nights/weekends
    assemblyline type of work, employees are just a number who pump out projects
    no room to grow.
    expected to work holidays, weekends, and no such thing as a sick day...inconsistent reviewers

Boring and tedious. Expected to work 60+ hour weeks and be on call 24/7

Staff Scientist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Most employees work at home, which is a wonderful thing as it allows you to skip the morning commute and work in a comfortable place. However, this also means you never truly be "off work"
    - Company phone is provided (blackberry...)
    - Not a lot of travel, considering that it's a consulting gig

Cons- Expected to long days, nights, and weekends and be on call 24/7
    - Management has no respect for employees personal lives and will call at all hours even if it's not an emergency
    - Expected to respond to emails within 2 hours, even on weekends
    - Extremely repetitive work! There is little to no room for creative input. You are expected to churn out the same exact reports every single day.
    - The compensation is terrible.
    - They will nickle and dime you over every little expense. They will reprimand you for ordering office supplies from the wrong supplier even if the cost difference is negligible.
    - Management is resistant to change! I created an automated report template that would cut our report writing times in half and they shot it down. Employees are required to use the outdated templates they supply.
    - Shady business practices. There were numerous times where we subcontracted an unlicensed person to perform environmental testing for the sake of cutting costs. We then lied to our clients and told them that we did the work, when really we just subcontracted it out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is beyond repair. There is nothing you can do to fix this mess.

A little boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey're good enough at what they do, and people are generally very nice. Everyone in HR and Marketing is great.

ConsThere's not enough communication between divisions and it's too much of a family business for what's now a mid-size company. They have no interest in progress.

Worked for EBI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!