EBS Healthcare

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Stubits

Excellent company with a passion for its employees

Wilmington, DE

ProsThe level of support provided to new special education clinicians is simply unique and one-of-a-kind. The basic desire of this company is to provide therapists of all experience backgrounds with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children they work with AND to give each therapist a vehicle to grow professionally while pursuing their goals. I've worked many places and I have never found this kind of support anywhere else. It is a phenomenal company.

ConsI work in an urban school district with a challenging population but have been supported every step of the way with frequent contact and emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide CEUs to support professional growth. Thank you.

I've been really happy with EBS.

Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe best part of working for EBS has been the community of therapists. Not only do I have a great relationship with the teaching staff at my school but I have many EBS therapists near me. EBS is very established in my school system and everybody (ex. administration) seems happy to be working with them. Though I have stayed close to home, EBS has some very cool assignments like Florida, Hawaii, and California.

ConsMy caseload can be somewhat high at times but I get a lot of support.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue expanding continuing education opportunities. Keep up the great support.

An okay experience - not great, not horrible

SLP (Current Employee)

ProsHR reps are friendly and helpful, the interview process is stress free, will assist with relocation, good start for CFs

ConsHR reps are unwilling to negotiate salary, no significant pay raises, no bonuses, no incentives for longevity, no benefits over summer break unless you pay the expensive Cobra fees for insurance, very few opportunities for growth within the company. This is not a company for experienced therapists because of lack of significant pay raises and few opportunities to grow (i.e., becoming lead therapist or clinical manager)

Advice to Senior ManagementYour therapists make your company. Stop focusing on quantity because trying to be the biggest contracting company is not fair to the therapists who continue to work for EBS. Because you're so focused on numbers, you're therapists are underpaid, and there is no room for growth at EBS. You should be willing to increase pay and add incentives to keep the therapists who are loyal and hard working.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job

Speech Language Pathologist-school (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat support for clinical fellowship, good pay

ConsDo not get paid for sick days, snow days, breaks. Agency employees tend to get shuffled around from school to school instead of having a steady caseload.

The Best Company that I Ever Worked for!

ProsA company with integrity who truly cares about their employees and the children they work with. EBS has been able to offer me a stable and supportive environment and the opportunity to grow as a professional. It is wonderful to work for a company not driven by the bottom line and one that provides support, mentorship, training and upper mobility. I have been able to make a difference internationally and have been to two other countries with EBS.

ConsEffectively communicating all the different opportunities in a timely manner to your employees so they can make the best decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening and supporting your employees like you always have. It is because of that investment you have made that you are such a great organization.

Good company

Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee)

ProsSupport/education when needed, opportunity to work in setting/population you enjoy, CEU opportunities.

ConsNo pay during holidays, snow days, etc when working in the school system, no insurance during summer months (unless you choose COBRA), you could end up with a high caseload when in large school districts. Every setting/company has both pros and cons to them. If you know about this companies pros, cons, and policies before going into your initial interview, you will be prepared to negotiate a better contract in terms of salary and benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthcoming with information during initial interview process RE: paid time off, insurance during summer, and what you can ask to be included in your contract (ASHA/state dues, hourly rate, etc)

You can do better

SLP (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood CF support. HR reps are usually pretty quick to respond.

ConsHR reps do not give you full information about the site you are working in. Ex: in a school, if an SLP hired through the district wants to work at the school you are at, you can be displaced at any moment through the year.
    No PTO, No matching 401K

Advice to Senior ManagementMatching 401k would be great to have.

Treated poorly as an employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey assist with relocation, though they take it out of your first paychecks. Nice lending library.

ConsThey scammed me out of pay by telling me I was supposed to take an hour lunch (which I worked through most days) instead of 30 min every day for over a year, until I found out from the district I was at that it was in fact 30 min, so they got me to work 30 min per day for free. When I found out in my 2nd year, no offer for reimbursement or so much as an apology. Also, no PTO or holidays. And my CFY was a bust, my mentor lived in another state and flew in once a month just to sign off on formality paperwork and to giver a few pointers. And, I was placed in a school with a caseload in the 90s with no initial or constant help or oversight during my CFY. it was literally sink or swim on my own, which is not what a CFY is about. Overall, terrible experience.

EBS is a great company to work for who stands behind their employees.

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee)

ProsYou have access to a company filled with nationwide therapists, when you need them.

ConsYou don't have one on one contact on a regular basis, and a lot of the time you're working independent from other therapists in your discipline. If you need some help, you contact your HR person (not a therapist) who then will put you in contact with an appropriate therapist. The help is there, you just have to jump through some hoops to get it.

Fantastic company to work for!!!!

Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee)

ProsI have been with EBS for 5 yrs. Every year it keeps getting better and better. I like that EBS allows me to grow personally and professionally. They stand by their word and going above and beyond to help out their employees. Their HR reps always check in on you and make sure that your needs are being meet. They even ask how they can help when they call and if there are any concerns they address right away.

ConsIf there was one I wish I could meet my HR rep face to face. But there is so much interaction with employees in the field and the leadership team, but I love my HR rep and would love to meet him.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you do. The individual attention that is given goes a long way.

Worked for EBS Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBS Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EBS Healthcare CEO Mark Stubits. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by EBS Healthcare employees.