EBS Healthcare

3.8

Mark Stubits

Good experience overall

I worked at EBS Healthcare

Pros

A lot of job openings to choose from because they are such a large company; the contact person assigned to you stays in touch very regularly (by phone or e-mail)

Cons

No increase in pay from one year of work to the next; larger company so contact w/other SLP's is minimum; too many HR representatives in the same area, even the same city, therapists could interact w/each other if they knew there was someone else close to them also working for EBS

Reward therapists who continue to work with your company for successive years (increase pay). Can someone figure out how to get reimbursed for all of the "no school" days so the therapists don't lose so many days/income during the school year (teacher work days, holidays)?

Excellent company with a passion for its employees

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The level of support provided to new special education clinicians is simply unique and one-of-a-kind. The basic desire of this company is to provide therapists of all experience backgrounds with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children they work with AND to give each therapist a vehicle to grow professionally while pursuing their goals. I've worked many places and I have never found this kind of support anywhere else. It is a phenomenal company.

Cons

I work in an urban school district with a challenging population but have been supported every step of the way with frequent contact and emails.

Continue to provide CEUs to support professional growth. Thank you.

I've been really happy with EBS.

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of working for EBS has been the community of therapists. Not only do I have a great relationship with the teaching staff at my school but I have many EBS therapists near me. EBS is very established in my school system and everybody (ex. administration) seems happy to be working with them. Though I have stayed close to home, EBS has some very cool assignments like Florida, Hawaii, and California.

Cons

My caseload can be somewhat high at times but I get a lot of support.

Continue expanding continuing education opportunities. Keep up the great support.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An okay experience - not great, not horrible

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at EBS Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

HR reps are friendly and helpful, the interview process is stress free, will assist with relocation, good start for CFs

Cons

HR reps are unwilling to negotiate salary, no significant pay raises, no bonuses, no incentives for longevity, no benefits over summer break unless you pay the expensive Cobra fees for insurance, very few opportunities for growth within the company. This is not a company for experienced therapists because of lack of significant pay raises and few opportunities to grow (i.e., becoming lead therapist or clinical manager)

Your therapists make your company. Stop focusing on quantity because trying to be the biggest contracting company is not fair to the therapists who continue to work for EBS. Because you're so focused on numbers, you're therapists are underpaid, and there is no room for growth at EBS. You should be willing to increase pay and add incentives to keep the therapists who are loyal and hard working.

Good first job

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist-school  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist-school in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support for clinical fellowship, good pay

Cons

Do not get paid for sick days, snow days, breaks. Agency employees tend to get shuffled around from school to school instead of having a steady caseload.

The Best Company that I Ever Worked for!

I have been working at EBS Healthcare

Pros

A company with integrity who truly cares about their employees and the children they work with. EBS has been able to offer me a stable and supportive environment and the opportunity to grow as a professional. It is wonderful to work for a company not driven by the bottom line and one that provides support, mentorship, training and upper mobility. I have been able to make a difference internationally and have been to two other countries with EBS.

Cons

Effectively communicating all the different opportunities in a timely manner to your employees so they can make the best decision.

Keep listening and supporting your employees like you always have. It is because of that investment you have made that you are such a great organization.

You can do better

Current Employee - SLP  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - SLP in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

Good CF support. HR reps are usually pretty quick to respond.

Cons

HR reps do not give you full information about the site you are working in. Ex: in a school, if an SLP hired through the district wants to work at the school you are at, you can be displaced at any moment through the year.
    No PTO, No matching 401K

Matching 401k would be great to have.

Good company

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Support/education when needed, opportunity to work in setting/population you enjoy, CEU opportunities.

Cons

No pay during holidays, snow days, etc when working in the school system, no insurance during summer months (unless you choose COBRA), you could end up with a high caseload when in large school districts. Every setting/company has both pros and cons to them. If you know about this companies pros, cons, and policies before going into your initial interview, you will be prepared to negotiate a better contract in terms of salary and benefits.

Be more forthcoming with information during initial interview process RE: paid time off, insurance during summer, and what you can ask to be included in your contract (ASHA/state dues, hourly rate, etc)

Treated poorly as an employee

I worked at EBS Healthcare

Pros

They assist with relocation, though they take it out of your first paychecks. Nice lending library.

Cons

They scammed me out of pay by telling me I was supposed to take an hour lunch (which I worked through most days) instead of 30 min every day for over a year, until I found out from the district I was at that it was in fact 30 min, so they got me to work 30 min per day for free. When I found out in my 2nd year, no offer for reimbursement or so much as an apology. Also, no PTO or holidays. And my CFY was a bust, my mentor lived in another state and flew in once a month just to sign off on formality paperwork and to giver a few pointers. And, I was placed in a school with a caseload in the 90s with no initial or constant help or oversight during my CFY. it was literally sink or swim on my own, which is not what a CFY is about. Overall, terrible experience.

EBS is a great company to work for who stands behind their employees.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at EBS Healthcare as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You have access to a company filled with nationwide therapists, when you need them.

Cons

You don't have one on one contact on a regular basis, and a lot of the time you're working independent from other therapists in your discipline. If you need some help, you contact your HR person (not a therapist) who then will put you in contact with an appropriate therapist. The help is there, you just have to jump through some hoops to get it.

Worked for EBS Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!