EBSCO

Updated January 12, 2015
Updated January 12, 2015
2.8

Tim Collins

Family owned company that cares about it's employees

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Alys Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Alys Beach, FL

I worked at EBSCO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was above average, benefits were extremely good and affordable, work environment was a very friendly and helpful, company values are in line with good morality and values

Cons

The cons off working at Alys Beach is simply the customers. They tend to be extremely wealth and demand and expect lots of personal attention and extra care

Keep the good ones and get rid of the bad ones.

INCREDIBLE COMPANY

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits and salary are great!

Cons

Corporate micro management of sales force.

Let people work their own system

Great place to work!

I have been working at EBSCO

Pros

As a company, they are invested in your professional growth. They are flexible with your time off, and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are not many, however, there is some separation from those in higher positions and those in lower positions...even within the same team.

I think that as a whole Ebsco is a great place to work. Keep up the good work, and continue to try to bridge the gap between the higher ups and the worker bees.

When I worked at EBSCO, I was fortunate to work on a good team and have a great team lead.

Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some great people work there, and the atmosphere is generally positive.

Cons

There do not appear to be merit raises or bonuses.

Great benefits, but some poor management (division by division)

I worked at EBSCO

Pros

For the most part, there is a casual atmosphere. Pay may be a little lower than similar jobs at other companies, but the benefits really are great.

Cons

Most upper management I encountered while working here had serious problems communicating, making decisions and proactively making changes to carry the division into the future.

Listen to your employees. They are the ones on the front lines encountering the issues that need to be addressed. Keep them updated with what's going on, and engage with them for a team effort to benefit the company.

Wonderful people, good environment

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance II in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance II in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company culture is largely welcoming and supportive of a work-life balance. EBSCO is also a company that is very 'green' and even the headquarters building seems almost organic, blending into the mountaintop in a way that is not intrusive. There are recycling options everywhere, with encouragement to bring in items to recycle. The benefits are good, not great, and the team atmosphere is very positive and strong. The salaries are also good, not great, but much of the culture offset that, particularly the team leads, who were and are excellent. Cross training is encouraged across teams, and in house training was becoming more available prior to the time I left.

Cons

The department I worked in was going through some growing pains and changes. At that time, one of the senior managers, no longer there, set an abrasive and uncertain tone, setting off concerns of a layoff. Ironically, this led to many people, including me, taking other opportunities, and shortly after all of us had gone, he left as well. (Had I but known.) If not for that and the lure of a higher salary, I would not have left. My immediate manager and his manager were generally supportive of staff, although there were a few issues of miscommunication. I also felt that once I gave notice, I was persona non grata; frankly, if anyone had tried or expressed the desire, I might have been convinced to stay.

Be more aware of what is happening in the department; I really do think that without the particular upper manager's 'threat' of potential company instability, many of us who left would still be there. I like to think that most of us were an asset, and would have remained. I know that I would have.

Great company with great products

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at EBSCO full-time

Pros

They do not hold you back. They will help you succeed and staff is wonderful.

Cons

Willget paid fairly but won't get rich.

Good Company

I worked at EBSCO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good profit sharing, ample PTO for the first couple of years

Cons

Loyalty only goes one direction.

Was better company when Stephens family was in charge

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at EBSCO full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are really, really good

Cons

Management, Management, Management and office culture

If people are leaving a certain division consistently, this should tell you something

Good place to work; somewhat progressive in vision

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clanton, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clanton, AL

I worked at EBSCO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People at this location are; loyal, hardworking and have the desire to produce the highest quality product for their customers. They want to manufacture their products; safely, with the highest of quality at the time the customer wants it.

Cons

Senior levels of Leadership is losing their Lean vision. Some members of leadership see Lean value in reducing headcount as a result of Lean.

Your workforce will soon figure out your mis-guided strategy of cost reductions and will be reluctant to provide improvement ideas or be willing participants to improvement activities, when you only see the improvement outcomes as a reduction in force.

EBSCO Photos