EC Infosystems Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
20 reviews filtered by
2.2
Mohan Wanchoo

1. “You have to work to get the rewards”

Current Employee - Manager in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LOTS and LOTS of opportunity if you are willing to work hard and be humble. A company this big always has a place for the right fit person. It also has an endless opportunity to learn how things work in the Energy market services industry, if you are flexible, willing to move laterally, and in some cases, geographically.
    Amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job and the organization. Robust hierarchy and forward thinking. Great commute. Convenient gym facility. Professional environment. Good compensation and time-off policies. Employer is very helpful with paperwork facilitation. Innovative ideas are always welcomed

Cons

Insufficient training period. Promotions within are not fast or easy.
    Medical benefits could be better
    External learning opportunities must be encouraged.
    Sometimes, finding the right management fit, which can make a vast amount of difference, can be difficult. You can make more and move higher only by dedication and determination, no luck favors. Lastly, you have to have a level of tolerance for the uncertainty of the market.

Advice to Management

I would imagine management is as frustrated as anyone about losing good people to external opportunities, but recognizing that paying people to match the competition, even if it means an out of step pay increase that has to get approval from a higher up, is worth it when you consider the cost of bringing in someone new. In addition, more external learning opportunities (conferences, etc) for even mid-level people would improve performance and help them feel less isolated inside, 'the machine'

RUN! No matter how desperate you are, DO NOT accept an offer!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job is the people. Not the people you work for like managers, Directors (especially these) or executives, they are all terrible and unbearable to work under. It's all the people who work there and know what you're going through. They do not pay overtime but if you work over 8 hours on a Saturday, then they will pay you for the day.

Cons

Belittles and berates employees in front of the entire office floor. No salary increases or promotions. Management in each department fight with each other and then look at employees to blame. They watch all their surveillance video tapes every weekend to measure your productivity and also have the receptionist monitor your bathroom breaks and time spent in the bathroom. They are the definition of micro management. They never pay their bills on time and often the consultants do not get paid if they do not complete work above their standards in a timely manner. They often break state and federal labor laws. Abuse among employees working under Visas are hardly reported because of fear of being sent back to their country, and EC Infosystems takes advantage of this. Benefits and vacation incentives are terrible. You do not start accruing any of your vacation days until after 90 days, so after 3 months you do not even have one sick day. Not close to the train station and anyone considering this job should own a vehicle. The turnover rate is very high, people come and go. Lastly, whoever said its like working in a sweat shop nailed it right on the head...its exactly like that. Also, they do run that office with an iron fist.

Advice to Management

Don't belittle or berate your employees. Also, yelling at them in front of the entire office or even when the door is close (we can still hear you yelling) makes others uncomfortable and feel like walking on eggshells. Because you fire people so often you fear of losing your job everyday. Promote people with raises for good work. When I was there, you promoted 5 people and none of them received a raised. Were told we should be happy we got the title.

Worse job I ever had

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Garden City, NY

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Steady check, not a bad commute

Cons

Very high pressure, on-the-fly fixes, zero warning of being let go.

Advice to Management

Be as professional as your workers.

Exploits workers with work visa's and treats people like crap

Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Uniondale, NY

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can learn a little about an different industry

Cons

Its sad to see how the Indian workers are treated. It's like the Management is this master and they must bow down to him. There is no respect for the employees what so ever. Management act like egotistical fools that don't know the first thing about managing a group of developers. Unfortunately because of this they lost many great people that would've been a huge contribution to the products and services they provide. All the employees need to get together and file a class action law suite but their to afraid of losing their jobs and/or visa sponsorship. Your forced to work overtime and without pay because your salary. The excuse is their behind in work but the reality of it is they will always be behind because of the high turnover rate you'll never get ahead.

Customers: Sorry you were every lied to by me but I had no choice. Everything anyone's every told you about meter readings or any other mess ups were all lies. The problem was the processing or the application on our side. We were forced to blame the utility companies and/or anything other than ourselves. Don't get into a contract with them because it's designed to screw you and protect themselves.

Employees: Wake up... You know the place is not for you. Start looking for a real job where your work is valued and your respected. The treatment at EC was disgusting and I'm embarrassed to say I worked there. Start documenting all the confrontations and mistreatment. Get a group together and head down to the county court house (its not far from the office oddly enough). File that law suite and you won't have to work in that sweatshop environment anymore.

Good luck...

Advice to Management

1. Take management courses
    2. Treat your staff the same way you expect to be treated
    3. Don't lie anymore - it's sad!

6. A great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working with EC Infosystems for more than a year now and this is one of the most amazing companies to work for. EC Infosystems has grown so much so far and I am proud to be an employee of such a rewarding company. It is a company for those who can accept challenges and work above and beyond to get results. This is a fast growing company and a perfect match for those who wants to grow equally fast.

EC Infosystems is open to new ideas and recently implemented some organizational changes to harness talent from different avenues. Senior management recognizes and rewards hard and smart work.

Cons

EC Infosystems is not for those who expects a raise without raising their performance benchmarks.

Be wary of fake reviews

I worked at EC Infosystems

Pros

It's a paycheck. There's not much else.

Cons

Read the reviews on this site and you will see exactly which ones were planted by the company. "Not near public transportation"....."Difficult to commute to"......"Flexible work timings" {whatever the heck that even means}.....they are just inserting anything. But read the other negative comments from other people. How can some people point out such severe problems and others can only say "not near public transportation" is an issue. Heck, this is a job on Long Island.....there's no public transportation anywhere!

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews to flatter your score. Please listen to your staff and maybe you won't have such a wild turnover of staff every year.

Bottom scale of a sweat factory.

Current Employee - Ticket Master in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Ticket Master in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All about lies. Lies to employees, lies to customers.

Cons

All about lies. Lies to employees, lies to customers.

Advice to Management

Trust and take care of your employees. They are human beings.

Great deal of growth and transformation during my tenure

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I’ve been at EC Infosystems for a few years now and have seen a great deal of growth and transformation during my tenure here. The company is growing by leaps and bounds and recently opened a NYC office to attract new talent.

Over the past few years, I’ve seen a number of cultural changes at ECI including the implementation of a no-tie policy, more frequent company social events, company sponsored luncheons and coffee clubs, a suggestion box to garner employee feedback, and the implementation of employee suggestions. The work is both challenging and rewarding, and because ECI is a smaller company, each employee is expected to wear a bunch of different hats, encouraging professional and personal growth.

It’s worth noting that any small, growing company, will have a naturally high turnover rate. But the senior management at ECI encourages and implements innovative ideas of employees and rewards deserving employees with increased responsibility. They have maintained a great attitude and always focus on the important things – growing the customer base and creating a positive environment for employees.

In my opinion this is a great company for employees that are willing to go the extra step to meet their clients needs. I’m positive about the outlook for ECI and believe that it is going to continue to flourish in the years to come.

Cons

Tough place to commute to

Advice to Management

Management should listen to employee recommendations on growth and perks

Don't believe all you read

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time

Pros

It's a job in a tight job market.

Cons

Sweatshop mentality where employee turnover is the norm.
    If you're a software developer who wants to close tickets and not write innovative solutions, this is the place to work!
    Run with an iron fist.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror as you churn out employees like I've never seen!
    Find a way to value talent.
    Don't berate employees in front of other staff.

11. Can grow with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can Learn about Energy Business Services Process.

Cons

Can give flexible work timings.

Advice to Management

Can satisfy employees reasonable request.