EC Infosystems

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
2.3

Mohan Wanchoo

“You have to work to get the rewards”

Current Employee - Manager in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LOTS and LOTS of opportunity if you are willing to work hard and be humble. A company this big always has a place for the right fit person. It also has an endless opportunity to learn how things work in the Energy market services industry, if you are flexible, willing to move laterally, and in some cases, geographically.
    Amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job and the organization. Robust hierarchy and forward thinking. Great commute. Convenient gym facility. Professional environment. Good compensation and time-off policies. Employer is very helpful with paperwork facilitation. Innovative ideas are always welcomed

Cons

Insufficient training period. Promotions within are not fast or easy.
    Medical benefits could be better
    External learning opportunities must be encouraged.
    Sometimes, finding the right management fit, which can make a vast amount of difference, can be difficult. You can make more and move higher only by dedication and determination, no luck favors. Lastly, you have to have a level of tolerance for the uncertainty of the market.

I would imagine management is as frustrated as anyone about losing good people to external opportunities, but recognizing that paying people to match the competition, even if it means an out of step pay increase that has to get approval from a higher up, is worth it when you consider the cost of bringing in someone new. In addition, more external learning opportunities (conferences, etc) for even mid-level people would improve performance and help them feel less isolated inside, 'the machine'

Exploits workers with work visa's and treats people like crap

Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Uniondale, NY

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can learn a little about an different industry

Cons

Its sad to see how the Indian workers are treated. It's like the Management is this master and they must bow down to him. There is no respect for the employees what so ever. Management act like egotistical fools that don't know the first thing about managing a group of developers. Unfortunately because of this they lost many great people that would've been a huge contribution to the products and services they provide. All the employees need to get together and file a class action law suite but their to afraid of losing their jobs and/or visa sponsorship. Your forced to work overtime and without pay because your salary. The excuse is their behind in work but the reality of it is they will always be behind because of the high turnover rate you'll never get ahead.

Customers: Sorry you were every lied to by me but I had no choice. Everything anyone's every told you about meter readings or any other mess ups were all lies. The problem was the processing or the application on our side. We were forced to blame the utility companies and/or anything other than ourselves. Don't get into a contract with them because it's designed to screw you and protect themselves.

Employees: Wake up... You know the place is not for you. Start looking for a real job where your work is valued and your respected. The treatment at EC was disgusting and I'm embarrassed to say I worked there. Start documenting all the confrontations and mistreatment. Get a group together and head down to the county court house (its not far from the office oddly enough). File that law suite and you won't have to work in that sweatshop environment anymore.

Good luck...

1. Take management courses
    2. Treat your staff the same way you expect to be treated
    3. Don't lie anymore - it's sad!

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working with EC Infosystems for more than a year now and this is one of the most amazing companies to work for. EC Infosystems has grown so much so far and I am proud to be an employee of such a rewarding company. It is a company for those who can accept challenges and work above and beyond to get results. This is a fast growing company and a perfect match for those who wants to grow equally fast.

EC Infosystems is open to new ideas and recently implemented some organizational changes to harness talent from different avenues. Senior management recognizes and rewards hard and smart work.

Cons

EC Infosystems is not for those who expects a raise without raising their performance benchmarks.

Be wary of fake reviews

I worked at EC Infosystems

Pros

It's a paycheck. There's not much else.

Cons

Read the reviews on this site and you will see exactly which ones were planted by the company. "Not near public transportation"....."Difficult to commute to"......"Flexible work timings" {whatever the heck that even means}.....they are just inserting anything. But read the other negative comments from other people. How can some people point out such severe problems and others can only say "not near public transportation" is an issue. Heck, this is a job on Long Island.....there's no public transportation anywhere!

Stop posting fake reviews to flatter your score. Please listen to your staff and maybe you won't have such a wild turnover of staff every year.

Great deal of growth and transformation during my tenure

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’ve been at EC Infosystems for a few years now and have seen a great deal of growth and transformation during my tenure here. The company is growing by leaps and bounds and recently opened a NYC office to attract new talent.

Over the past few years, I’ve seen a number of cultural changes at ECI including the implementation of a no-tie policy, more frequent company social events, company sponsored luncheons and coffee clubs, a suggestion box to garner employee feedback, and the implementation of employee suggestions. The work is both challenging and rewarding, and because ECI is a smaller company, each employee is expected to wear a bunch of different hats, encouraging professional and personal growth.

It’s worth noting that any small, growing company, will have a naturally high turnover rate. But the senior management at ECI encourages and implements innovative ideas of employees and rewards deserving employees with increased responsibility. They have maintained a great attitude and always focus on the important things – growing the customer base and creating a positive environment for employees.

In my opinion this is a great company for employees that are willing to go the extra step to meet their clients needs. I’m positive about the outlook for ECI and believe that it is going to continue to flourish in the years to come.

Cons

Tough place to commute to

Management should listen to employee recommendations on growth and perks

Bottom scale of a sweat factory.

Current Employee - Ticket Master in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Ticket Master in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All about lies. Lies to employees, lies to customers.

Cons

All about lies. Lies to employees, lies to customers.

Trust and take care of your employees. They are human beings.

Don't believe all you read

I worked at EC Infosystems full-time

Pros

It's a job in a tight job market.

Cons

Sweatshop mentality where employee turnover is the norm.
    If you're a software developer who wants to close tickets and not write innovative solutions, this is the place to work!
    Run with an iron fist.

Look in the mirror as you churn out employees like I've never seen!
    Find a way to value talent.
    Don't berate employees in front of other staff.

Can grow with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can Learn about Energy Business Services Process.

Cons

Can give flexible work timings.

Can satisfy employees reasonable request.

just fine

I have been working at EC Infosystems

Pros

management rewards for hard work

Cons

there are not near public transportation

A lot of room to grow

I have been working at EC Infosystems full-time

Pros

Upper management rewards hard work. There is a lot of room to grow at this company and creativity is definitely praised.

Cons

Long Island office location is not near public transportation