ECMC

ECMC Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Two managers for every boy!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat health benefits, decent compensation for what is expected of you, wellness focus, work-life balance, and Minnesotans are always happy and nice.

ConsThe internal training is bad and it's easy to lose skills here. Too many managers and not much company direction or stability, glass ceiling is impossible to get through.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to rely on and grow your next generation of leaders. Weed out your bad managers and there are still lots of them.

Great place to work for short term employment but if you are looking for a career, look elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, benefits, benefits. ECMC does a great job providing competitive benefits for employees. Tuition reimbursement, good health coverage, company gym, company cafeteria, to name a few. ECMC is typically flexible with work hours unless you are in a call center.

ConsThe company is in a wind down so long term employment (beyond 5-10 years) is unlikely. Senior management has been looking for opportunities outside the student loan business but they have been talking about that for years. At this time there does not appear to be any additional opportunities for employment beyond the wind-down of the loan portfolio they currently have. Even if new ventures are purchased it is unlikely they will result in significant jobs in this state.

Befuddling Experience

Debt Collector (Current Employee) Mather, CA

ProsTraining was comprehensive and trainer very approachable

ConsOn my second day I forgot my wallet and the guard at the front would not let me in. I calmly stated it was my second day and the guard proceeded in a very rude manner to tell me she doesn't know me and she can't let me in. I called my supervisor to let them know I needed to to go home and get my wallet. He came out and said it was okay to go home and get and come back with my i.d.. On my way back I get a call stating that my manner was rude and unprofessional and they would rather I not work there based of my interaction with the guard who did not let me finish a sentence, yelled at me to sit down, and kept cutting me off as I tried to explain I just needed to let my supervisor know I had to leave.

This has been the most odd experience ever in my life and for a company to give a guard so much control as to make a deciding factor regarding ones livelihood based off a one sided story is absolutely insane.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend a bit more humanity in the sense that someone lost their job due to an abuse of authority by a guard! A security guard! Several people mentioned how rude this woman is and after signing in calls you by the wrong name! Their HR department needs a serious over-haul when a security guard with control issues can be so influential with someones livelihood.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Director (Current Employee)

ProsI've had a great experience with ECMC. I have been fortunate to have a hardworking, dedicated manager. As a result, she always keeps abreast of issues in our industry and provides support so that we can do our jobs better.

ConsThe company has increased in size over the years, so communication is not always the best with such multiple locations and remote employees. However, recently, the company is working hard to address this.

I loved my job at ECMC

Patient Access Financial Specialist - ER (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsI enjoyed working with most of my coworkers.

ConsUnrealistic .goals and expectations of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real and let your staff treat t.he patients like humans and get accurate information

Hard to get in, but once you're in, there are many internal opportunities

Specialist (Current Employee) Oakdale, MN

ProsGreat benefits, flexible work schedule, work/life balance

ConsChanging industry could be an issue but I have confidence in senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for talent within ranks to lead way throughout industry changes.

Honestly, the worst employment experience I've ever had.

Collections Specialist (Former Employee) Oakdale, MN

ProsThey used to pay very well and provide excellent benefits, fitness center and MMA dojo on site.

ConsCompany is legislated into profitability by the Dept. of Education so inefficient and inept management is common. Executives are currently moving money from public corporation to a private entity to ensure they have jobs after FFELP program dies.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose company and send all funds back to Dept. of Education.

Collector

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsMost of the coworkers are great and most of the lower level management is great as well. They offer great pay good benefits and even a onsite gym.

ConsManagement can be very two faced. The president claims he has a open door policy, until you mention something he does not want to hear. He will simply tell you to find a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop allowing old Edfund management to push out people they do not like. ECMC took over the company and lack knowledge of the shadiness of the old Edfund management.

Worked for ECMC? Contribute to the Community!