ECMC Reviews

2.7

CEO

Great People, great care

I worked at ECMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best nursing care in the city

Cons

Administration out of touch, inexperienced

Take advice of your experienced clinical people

Two managers for every boy!

I worked at ECMC full-time

Pros

Great health benefits, decent compensation for what is expected of you, wellness focus, work-life balance, and Minnesotans are always happy and nice.

Cons

The internal training is bad and it's easy to lose skills here. Too many managers and not much company direction or stability, glass ceiling is impossible to get through.

Learn to rely on and grow your next generation of leaders. Weed out your bad managers and there are still lots of them.

Great place to work for short term employment but if you are looking for a career, look elsewhere.

I worked at ECMC

Pros

Benefits, benefits, benefits. ECMC does a great job providing competitive benefits for employees. Tuition reimbursement, good health coverage, company gym, company cafeteria, to name a few. ECMC is typically flexible with work hours unless you are in a call center.

Cons

The company is in a wind down so long term employment (beyond 5-10 years) is unlikely. Senior management has been looking for opportunities outside the student loan business but they have been talking about that for years. At this time there does not appear to be any additional opportunities for employment beyond the wind-down of the loan portfolio they currently have. Even if new ventures are purchased it is unlikely they will result in significant jobs in this state.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Befuddling Experience

Current Employee - Debt Collector  in  Mather, CA
    Current Employee - Debt Collector in Mather, CA

I have been working at ECMC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Training was comprehensive and trainer very approachable

Cons

On my second day I forgot my wallet and the guard at the front would not let me in. I calmly stated it was my second day and the guard proceeded in a very rude manner to tell me she doesn't know me and she can't let me in. I called my supervisor to let them know I needed to to go home and get my wallet. He came out and said it was okay to go home and get and come back with my i.d.. On my way back I get a call stating that my manner was rude and unprofessional and they would rather I not work there based of my interaction with the guard who did not let me finish a sentence, yelled at me to sit down, and kept cutting me off as I tried to explain I just needed to let my supervisor know I had to leave.

This has been the most odd experience ever in my life and for a company to give a guard so much control as to make a deciding factor regarding ones livelihood based off a one sided story is absolutely insane.

I would recommend a bit more humanity in the sense that someone lost their job due to an abuse of authority by a guard! A security guard! Several people mentioned how rude this woman is and after signing in calls you by the wrong name! Their HR department needs a serious over-haul when a security guard with control issues can be so influential with someones livelihood.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ECMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've had a great experience with ECMC. I have been fortunate to have a hardworking, dedicated manager. As a result, she always keeps abreast of issues in our industry and provides support so that we can do our jobs better.

Cons

The company has increased in size over the years, so communication is not always the best with such multiple locations and remote employees. However, recently, the company is working hard to address this.

I loved my job at ECMC

Former Employee - Patient Access Financial Specialist - ER  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Patient Access Financial Specialist - ER in Buffalo, NY

I worked at ECMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers.

Cons

Unrealistic .goals and expectations of employees

Be real and let your staff treat t.he patients like humans and get accurate information

Hard to get in, but once you're in, there are many internal opportunities

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Oakdale, MN
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oakdale, MN

I have been working at ECMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work schedule, work/life balance

Cons

Changing industry could be an issue but I have confidence in senior management.

Look for talent within ranks to lead way throughout industry changes.

Honestly, the worst employment experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Collections Specialist  in  Oakdale, MN
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Oakdale, MN

I worked at ECMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They used to pay very well and provide excellent benefits, fitness center and MMA dojo on site.

Cons

Company is legislated into profitability by the Dept. of Education so inefficient and inept management is common. Executives are currently moving money from public corporation to a private entity to ensure they have jobs after FFELP program dies.

Close company and send all funds back to Dept. of Education.

Collector

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at ECMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the coworkers are great and most of the lower level management is great as well. They offer great pay good benefits and even a onsite gym.

Cons

Management can be very two faced. The president claims he has a open door policy, until you mention something he does not want to hear. He will simply tell you to find a new job.

Stop allowing old Edfund management to push out people they do not like. ECMC took over the company and lack knowledge of the shadiness of the old Edfund management.

Worked for ECMC? Contribute to the Community!