ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC Reviews

3.2
Leo J. Titus, Jr.

1. Great Company in Demanding Industry

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time

Pros

- Strong Company (financially, market dominant, good reputation)
    - Good benefits
    - Employees work well together as teams
    - Broad client base (not dependent upon single client revenue streams)
    - Large variety of projects
    - Professional growth

Cons

- If you're looking for a 40-hour work week you likely won't find it here. Especially in the summer.

2. Good Employer

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time

Pros

Strong financially, diverse, good place to work

Cons

Lack of work life balance, career opportunities limited for non Project Managers

3. Whether you are a potential employee or client, based on my experience so far, I highly recommend ECS.

Current Employee - Geotechnical Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Geotechnical Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the Richmond office about three months now, and it was probably the second best choice I have made career wise right behind choosing to continue my education and get a Masters Degree in Geotechnical Engineering. Everyone in the office is friendly and easy to get along with, making it a great work environment. The biggest pro for me has been the opportunities my supervisor has given me thus far. Even though I just recently started, I have been put on large and technically challenging projects and have been surrounded with very knowledgeable co-workers that are providing invaluable mentorship. This combination is allowing me to grow as an engineer much faster than my fellow classmates and friends that are currently working for other companies.

Cons

Some of the software the company uses is slightly outdated and newer more efficient programs should be utilized.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Also continue to read all the reviews for our company from both clients and current/former employees. There is no better way to grow and improve as a company that listening to everyone's feedback.

5. Dysfunctional at its finest!

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

Pros

None at all, the absolute worst experience

Cons

The place is a dump, horrible people at corporate office, totally unprofessional, gossip mongers and dysfunctional

Advice to Management

what's the point, they don't care

6. Overall

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment with numerous knowledgeable folks. Pleasure to work with people at this company.

Cons

Too much time on training.

7. Gained construction experience very rapidly.

Former Employee - Field Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

Pros

Worked for the ECS branch in Pittsburgh when it was starting up. The work experience was very diverse and the combination of field and lab time provided a great deal of education. The certifications you can receive are helpful as well. The management at this office was extremely helpful, very hard working, and informational. I could always rely on them for help or information at any time and they were very encouraging.

Cons

Yes, the pay is low and the hours can be long and unpredictable, and work related stress could build up and perpetuate the need for long days. However, the relationships between employees were overall quite good though the turnover rate remained high.

Advice to Management

Continue your hard work and good attitude. The management was the reason I stayed as long as I did. New employees with a high capacity for learning benefit greatly from the team here.

8. Excellent opportunity but expectations were not clear upfront and they focused on other areas.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great projects and wide variety of experiences. Supportive of professional networking and training; provided some very good in-house training as well. Very focused on customer service.

Cons

Too much work for too few staff. Inflexible, set in their ways. Management seemed to emphasize work before family. Tended to be on the lower end of compensation range.

Advice to Management

More positive feedback, communication with staff besides emails, value work/family balance.

9. Low pay for hours.

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of freedom. Good experience to get at first.

Cons

Double-talk. Disorganized. Low-pay and long hours. Some people are let to do what they want and others are expected to do more. Everyone talks about everyone else. Family working together. Not a professional office.

Advice to Management

Make your workers a priority. When you tell someone something you should follow up on it. Do not expect to pay people so low and they stay with you.

10. Worked here starting out until I could find a better job.

Current Employee - Field Technician in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Manassas, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting job for someone with no experience. Technician job is easy and low stress most days.

Cons

Pay was too low. Hours were unpredictable. High turnover rate in the staff.

11. Very low pay! Not a career to be proud of.

Current Employee - Field Technician in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well there is not many to speak of.

Cons

There are many downsides to being an ECS employee. First off the amount of pay you get which is not much more than if you worked for McDonalds and a company such as Costcos pays the same or more. Then if you want absolutely zero support from the Management then this is the company for you! There is to much office politics to deal with and the field technicians are treated like scum. You are constantly asked to do more work and will never get paid more. There are a couple individuals that get away with...well whatever they want. You will never receive a cost of living increase or any kind of increase. As I said earlier the Engineers will hang you out to dry if it will save their own butt. Then they will claim things like the office gets fined because of our mistakes when really the money goes to corporate. They really talk to the field techs like they are some kind of dumb. You will go home really pissed more then you do not. I would recommend you seeking work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Ask more questions and at least pretend you care about your employees. Give raises or you will get sub par work. Moral is low and 99 percent of technicians do not like working with ECS. I would work on this if I were you.

RSS Feed </> Embed