ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC Reviews

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014

Leo J. Titus, Jr.

Gained construction experience very rapidly.

Former Employee - Field Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

Pros

Worked for the ECS branch in Pittsburgh when it was starting up. The work experience was very diverse and the combination of field and lab time provided a great deal of education. The certifications you can receive are helpful as well. The management at this office was extremely helpful, very hard working, and informational. I could always rely on them for help or information at any time and they were very encouraging.

Cons

Yes, the pay is low and the hours can be long and unpredictable, and work related stress could build up and perpetuate the need for long days. However, the relationships between employees were overall quite good though the turnover rate remained high.

Continue your hard work and good attitude. The management was the reason I stayed as long as I did. New employees with a high capacity for learning benefit greatly from the team here.

Excellent opportunity but expectations were not clear upfront and they focused on other areas.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of great projects and wide variety of experiences. Supportive of professional networking and training; provided some very good in-house training as well. Very focused on customer service.

Cons

Too much work for too few staff. Inflexible, set in their ways. Management seemed to emphasize work before family. Tended to be on the lower end of compensation range.

More positive feedback, communication with staff besides emails, value work/family balance.

Low pay for hours.

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of freedom. Good experience to get at first.

Cons

Double-talk. Disorganized. Low-pay and long hours. Some people are let to do what they want and others are expected to do more. Everyone talks about everyone else. Family working together. Not a professional office.

Make your workers a priority. When you tell someone something you should follow up on it. Do not expect to pay people so low and they stay with you.

Field Technitian

Current Employee - Field Technician in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Only pro is getting your wacel certs without paying for the classes or the tests (if you pass the first time) while still getting salary

Cons

Hours are long pay is low. You get over worked. Should not be your full time job. Also very very very disorganized

Worked here starting out until I could find a better job.

Current Employee - Field Technician in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Manassas, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good starting job for someone with no experience. Technician job is easy and low stress most days.

Cons

Pay was too low. Hours were unpredictable. High turnover rate in the staff.

Very low pay! Not a career to be proud of.

Current Employee - Field Technician in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well there is not many to speak of.

Cons

There are many downsides to being an ECS employee. First off the amount of pay you get which is not much more than if you worked for McDonalds and a company such as Costcos pays the same or more. Then if you want absolutely zero support from the Management then this is the company for you! There is to much office politics to deal with and the field technicians are treated like scum. You are constantly asked to do more work and will never get paid more. There are a couple individuals that get away with...well whatever they want. You will never receive a cost of living increase or any kind of increase. As I said earlier the Engineers will hang you out to dry if it will save their own butt. Then they will claim things like the office gets fined because of our mistakes when really the money goes to corporate. They really talk to the field techs like they are some kind of dumb. You will go home really pissed more then you do not. I would recommend you seeking work elsewhere.

Ask more questions and at least pretend you care about your employees. Give raises or you will get sub par work. Moral is low and 99 percent of technicians do not like working with ECS. I would work on this if I were you.

Informative but all about the dollar

I worked at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

Pros

Informative and willing to train

Cons

All about the dollar signs

Not a career....merely a stop over

Current Employee - Professional Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Professional Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good location, most people are nice to work with, benefits aren't bad--minus pay

Cons

Low pay, long hours, very little employee recognition, not family oriented at all, management is not able to figure out how to fix losses other then firings and/or pay cuts for non essential employees rather then management, always low morale, stingy with money if it relates to employees needs or anything that might benefit someone other then management,

Treat your employees with respect--a compliment or recognition now & then would be nice! It's okay to spend money on employees--it might actually raise morale and tension would be reduced and people would actually like to come to work

Good company if your willing to work.

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC

Pros

Family atmosphere, good people and friendly staff. I learned a lot. If you are willing to learn they will always teach you.

Cons

Long hours and pay is a bit on the low side. Overall a good company, they seem to care about you as much as they can in this environment. I liked my project managers.

A good place for to expose onself to the construction industry

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Job security
    - One can get a good experience because of the diverse projects the company has

Cons

- Wage/Salary is disappointing!
    - There is no much room for growth

Paying less should not be the only option to stay in business!